World of Warcraft: Classic

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
This will feel good again. Too much love between Horde and Alliance in the last 5 or so expansions.

3c9H3pY.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still trying to pick class/spec, here's my thought process, please poke holes in it.

Want to be desirable to dungeon groups, no dps-only classes, so that rules out mages, warlocks, hunters, and rogues.

Want to be able to do stuff solo without feeling gimpy, so that rules out pure tank or healing specs.

So that just leave feral druids? Or are there other classes that can pull off that "hybrid" feeling without compromising either spec outside of raids?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shamans as far as I remember can do good damage with a good weapon even in mostly heal spec. Just windfury and pray for good RNG with a Sulfuras or R14 mace(or axe whichever it was that had the most damage). Class involves totems though which were fucking ass for like, 4+ expansions so... yeah. They're not rolling dual specs in this for QoL? Fucking 50g respecs bullshit was one of the worst part of vanilla.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This guy has done some pretty decent summaries for each classes and their strengths and weaknesses. Not too in-depth, but covers enough. Should be helpful for anyone still on the fence as to what to play.

(Playlist button top right to select the class)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Cheating was pretty damn common from my experience on EQ's progression servers. Dont see why WoW would be any different.

Blizzard raped bot makers in court instead of making them limp wristed partners.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man, these videos are great primers - so much I've forgotten over the years (particularly how annoying bag management used to be!). Still pretty set on a ganky, ambush rogue but the mage video had me questioning that choice a bit

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still trying to pick class/spec, here's my thought process, please poke holes in it.

Want to be desirable to dungeon groups, no dps-only classes, so that rules out mages, warlocks, hunters, and rogues.

Want to be able to do stuff solo without feeling gimpy, so that rules out pure tank or healing specs.

So that just leave feral druids? Or are there other classes that can pull off that "hybrid" feeling without compromising either spec outside of raids?
I think you're discounting DPS because you think they aren't desirable to dungeon groups, but keep in mind that every group needs 3 of them. Tanks are always more desired because there are fewer of them, but that doesn't mean DPS aren't desired. Especially in a version of the game without LFD tool, you're essentially making a name for yourself if you're good. But I digress.

Feral is probably the closest to your requirements, but I never really felt that druids were all that good in any case. Shamans you could probably work with. But if you're dead set on raiding, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that no matter what you pick your raid spec != solo viability.

In addition to all of this, as a prot warrior I had no problem soloing whatever content I needed. It's not like the world offers a lot in terms of solo engagement.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Shefki Tbag was my favorite bag management addon for the longest time, I believe I started using it in Vanilla and it makes me wonder if it'll work in classic. I think it worked up until BFA.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think you're discounting DPS because you think they aren't desirable to dungeon groups, but keep in mind that every group needs 3 of them. Tanks are always more desired because there are fewer of them, but that doesn't mean DPS aren't desired. Especially in a version of the game without LFD tool, you're essentially making a name for yourself if you're good. But I digress.

Feral is probably the closest to your requirements, but I never really felt that druids were all that good in any case. Shamans you could probably work with. But if you're dead set on raiding, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that no matter what you pick your raid spec != solo viability.

In addition to all of this, as a prot warrior I had no problem soloing whatever content I needed. It's not like the world offers a lot in terms of solo engagement.
I only felt like my prot warrior was ok soloing after getting some raid gear. As in, you outgear the solo content anyway.

And no, I'm not deadset on raiding, not even sure I'll do it regularly.

Last edited:

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Shefki Tbag was my favorite bag management addon for the longest time, I believe I started using it in Vanilla and it makes me wonder if it'll work in classic. I think it worked up until BFA.
I was wondering.. do they have a list of usable addons for Classic out there? Are there some addons that are against WoW's EULA for Classic?

I never was a huge fan of the addons back in the day, so I don't really know what to get if anything.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Man, these videos are great primers - so much I've forgotten over the years (particularly how annoying bag management used to be!). Still pretty set on a ganky, ambush rogue but the mage video had me questioning that choice a bit

Yep, I am not 100% sold on Warlock with the soul shard management. I did play a hunter for about a year in vanilla and dealt with one less bag so it may not feel any different.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I never had problem soloing with warrior, its just that there was more downtime where other classes had none/barely none. And if this is the case why not jsut group up with someone that can heal? Yeah, not solo anymore, but you become an unstoppable force with a pocket healer. Druids in vanilla were kinda meh, they could fill every role, but they were below average at all of them.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I've got a similar mentality. My solution is to play more than one character. One that does the thing you like doing (whatever that is) with one to enable the first character to more easily do and continue doing that thing you like. For me I want to be healing but I don't want to have to either farm poorly or respec to farm. I juggled that back in the day and didn't like it. Getting a second character online to carry that weight, that I also liked playing in its own right, was way better than what I had been doing.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, if you're maining a healer, I'd definitely roll an alt up asap like a Hunter or a Warlock for super easy farming with meh gear.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never had problem soloing with warrior, its just that there was more downtime where other classes had none/barely none. And if this is the case why not jsut group up with someone that can heal? Yeah, not solo anymore, but you become an unstoppable force with a pocket healer. Druids in vanilla were kinda meh, they could fill every role, but they were below average at all of them.
Kargoz on Youtube/Twitch has been testing duos for a while, and all but the most hardcore Hunters are beating his duo leveling times if you use a Tier 1 as he calls it duo combo. Some pretty standard combos we'd expect, but then some interesting ones as well. Duo'ing apparently isn't so bad afterall! Some combos I remember were Mage/Mage, Arms Warrior/Enh Shaman, Balance Druid/Aff Warlock, and Aff Warlock/Paladin.

Were Druids the best farmers for Herbs, Ore, and elites etc? Just as Arb said, I'll have my duo combo with my friend and we're going Warrior/Shaman, but then I'll have my solo character when my buddy isn't around. Since I'm not sure I'd raid on my solo character, just doing farming, or running Dungeons, I wouldn't be stuck as Resto which makes Druids much more appealing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to say that's half true. Lack of players, information, and high skill ceiling I think contributed as well.

Haven't people done much better as cat dps on private servers?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've got a similar mentality. My solution is to play more than one character. One that does the thing you like doing (whatever that is) with one to enable the first character to more easily do and continue doing that thing you like. For me I want to be healing but I don't want to have to either farm poorly or respec to farm. I juggled that back in the day and didn't like it. Getting a second character online to carry that weight, that I also liked playing in its own right, was way better than what I had been doing.
Not a bad idea, but lots of investment for a dadgamer.