World of Warcraft: Classic

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not a bad idea, but lots of investment for a dadgamer.

Sounds like free labor to me.

I think of it more as a long term goal than something I'm going to push hard for at the start. If it takes until December or even later to be firing on all cylinders that's fine with me. It's just more rested experience to collect if it takes a while.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, best horde healer+tank for relaxed dungeon levelling? We can't decide either.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So, best horde healer+tank for relaxed dungeon levelling? We can't decide either.
War/Shm seems like the obvious choice w/ WF. Can prolly roll with any healer and be fine though. I ran this duo a lot in BC at least and it was chunky pve/pvp

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Won't be as viable on Horde side - a lack of blessings and reduced likelihood of being provided GoA totem are pretty big hits to potential dps.

I'm not too familiar with feral TPS, but with their significantly lower DPS (Even if they tryhard pummelers) do they actual threaten MT threat? And is this assuming DW tanking or low threat shitty MT tanking.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've got a similar mentality. My solution is to play more than one character. One that does the thing you like doing (whatever that is) with one to enable the first character to more easily do and continue doing that thing you like. For me I want to be healing but I don't want to have to either farm poorly or respec to farm. I juggled that back in the day and didn't like it. Getting a second character online to carry that weight, that I also liked playing in its own right, was way better than what I had been doing.
I wanted to reply to this one more time. I've had my share of alts, I have no problem with them. But using alts to get around character weaknesses kinda lessens my investment in the game and my main character. Kinda like how LFD and cross-realm grouping lessens the community feeling.

Alts because you want to play but have nothing constructive to on your main, I'm fine with that. And that might happen anyway, making my "one character to do everything!" requirement moot.

Still, aside from a decked out warrior(rage was so imbalanced back then), druids were probably my favorite class. So much QoL. Maybe I should just follow that impulse. Druids will be fun probably right away, warriors will take a while. And I'm not even sure I'm going to play to the level where warriors become gods.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not too familiar with feral TPS, but with their significantly lower DPS (Even if they tryhard pummelers) do they actual threaten MT threat? And is this assuming DW tanking or low threat shitty MT tanking.
I think he meant kings.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was wondering.. do they have a list of usable addons for Classic out there? Are there some addons that are against WoW's EULA for Classic?

I never was a huge fan of the addons back in the day, so I don't really know what to get if anything.

I'm not sure, I haven't looked into at all but I believe someone posted a site with working add-ons.

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider

Threat has nothing to do with it. "GoA" = Grace of Air, the agility buff totem that - along with Strength of Earth - would help mitigate the loss of Blessing of Kings/Might. You have a reduced likelyhood of being in a group (totems are group only, not raid-wide) where the shaman is putting down grace of air instead of windfury, unless you are flush with shamans and your hunters can argue for LotP over your top dpsers.

Beyond that, not having blessing and judgement of wisdom will hinder your ability to power shift for extended periods of time, which will completely gimp you the longer the fight lasts.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wanted to reply to this one more time. I've had my share of alts, I have no problem with them. But using alts to get around character weaknesses kinda lessens my investment in the game and my main character. Kinda like how LFD and cross-realm grouping lessens the community feeling.

Take another look at the pure dps classes that you set aside. They are your best option for having a one stop shop where the stuff you do in raids, dungeons, PvP and farming all go hand and hand with each other. Mage is like peak dadgaming with its time saving ports and summoned consumables on a class that is just flat out good no matter where you are or what you are doing.

Last edited:

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I personally think that many people put way too much emphasis on min/maxing everything from builds to even the class they choose to play.

If you want to play the game and not quit a month or so in to it, play something that you find enjoyable. This whole min/maxing is ridiculous.

I am just as guilty of it as I was trying to figure out which was better in classic between mage and warlock. Then I got to thinking about it, and I realized that what I truly enjoyed playing the most back in the day was my rogue. So, that's what I am going to do.

If you want to theory craft and min/max it up, more power to you, but honestly, everyone is going to be just fine playing any class with any build they choose. Yeah. Mob-XYZ might not die in under 5 seconds if you don't pull the exact perfect build, but guess what. He's going to fucking die.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you want to play the game and not quit a month or so in to it, play something that you find enjoyable. This whole min/maxing is ridiculous.

I'm trying and min/max my own enjoyment which has some of the same behaviors and thought processes.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
God damn it, why am I not unemployed with no family?? I'd totally devote a couple of years of my worthless life to this again if I wasn't a productive member of society!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying and min/max my own enjoyment which has some of the same behaviors and thought processes.
There's validity to that of course. I get it. Hell I spent a weekend one time creating a spreadsheet for my warrior in EverQuest to determine the best use of AAs and combat abilities.

If you are doing it for the enjoyment of theory crafting, that's cool. If you are doing it because you must be the best of the best or else, then there's probably a problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user