Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd like to at least ding a 60 to prove that "I still got it"

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Power of being as asshat, maybe. I still get salty about losing grey suede boots in VP to a Druid who wanted them “for the AC” back in EQ1. Context: I was the only monk w/o them there and the Druid was some cybersex pal to the officer in the guild we were allied with and they used their loot pick for that. Grey suede boots were a BiS haste item for monks at the time.

he wasn't in our guild, he wasn't a viable applicant, he wasn't sufficiently geared for MC. We took him through for lolz and IIRC we needed the disenchants for potions for future Raid encounters.

But yes, there were and obviously are snowflakes that think I should run my guild/raids like a charity

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I want to... but I can't see myself having the time. And I have no interest in playing casually.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I remember my guild having some kind of contest on the server and the winner was run through MC with their pick of any loot they want (with the exception of Bindings of the Windseeker)

I think it might've been a resources gathering contest for the AQ gate opening.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I remember my guild having some kind of contest on the server and the winner was run through MC with their pick of any loot they want (with the exception of Bindings of the Windseeker)

I think it might've been a resources gathering contest for the AQ gate opening.
FoH did this kind of stuff on Hyjal for the gates and raffled off items in Org.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I went on that run with FoH actually. I was obviously not bleeding edge that early on 🙃

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
FoH did this kind of stuff on Hyjal for the gates and raffled off items in Org.
Oh guild chat, with Murr and several others talking about how full their inboxes were for weeks.

To say nothing of the fun in clearing 20k+ bugs for Sean.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I remember we took a chinese farmer from Azshara to MC and gave him all the rogue drops for fun. He loved it and kept saying thanks stuff in broken english and when we were going again and shit. I think he got banned not long after, he was one of these guys that had several Krol Blades for sale (I think that was the one that dropped as a world drop that was valuable back then?).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I remember we took a chinese farmer from Azshara to MC and gave him all the rogue drops for fun. He loved it and kept saying thanks stuff in broken english and when we were going again and shit. I think he got banned not long after, he was one of these guys that had several Krol Blades for sale (I think that was the one that dropped as a world drop that was valuable back then?).

Yeah Krol Blade was a very rare world drop epic and it was the end all be all for Combat Rogues and a few others because that was back when many special attacks such as Sinister Strike just went off of whatever your weapon damage was. So you wanted a really slow, heavy hitter in your main hand and Krol Blade was perfect for that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Krol Blade being in demand never made any sense when Dal Rends MH was literally the exact samething if not better due to set bonus and was a common drop.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Krol Blade being in demand never made any sense when Dal Rends MH was literally the exact samething if not better due to set bonus and was a common drop.

The demand probably came mostly people that couldn't get into UBRS easily. There were a shitload of rogues that didn't really do much outside of PVP. I used to make a good chunk of gold off of them by selling Heartseekers, which weren't all that great IIRC.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hope that event bugs the fuck out and becomes unfinishable 50% of the time on Classic servers. I need the truest vanilla experience.

• 1Solidarity

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The demand probably came mostly people that couldn't get into UBRS easily. There were a shitload of rogues that didn't really do much outside of PVP. I used to make a good chunk of gold off of them by selling Heartseekers, which weren't all that great IIRC.

Pretty much spot on. I did what everyone else did and rolled a rogue too specifically to pvp and it was every bit as great as expected. Stealth classes have always had their additional own separate mini game. Having the best gear was nice but it wasn’t necessary, just get decent stuff and go wherever and do whatever you wanted.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Used to duo with a Rogue a lot on my Shaman. We would set up camp at Lights Hope Chapel and just start murdering all the Alliance coming in. We would start giant fights and often got to win 2v4+ fights because we were more coordinated and our classes were broken. We were doing this after pvp rank was created, but before battlegrounds were added. The best era of classic WoW imo.

Fun times.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dal Rends MH had like a 7% drop rate, and you probably had to roll with 1-2 other people. Krol Blade was much easier to just farm the gold for.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ran UBRS probably a hundred times and never saw either Dal's blade drop, and getting to the event wasn't exactly something speedy to farm it. Yuck

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not to mention that most pugs ran it with 10 people, so you'd have to roll against other rogues, warriors, paladins, huntards, and the occasional mage/lock for it if it did drop

• 1Like