World of Warcraft: Classic

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Twinking was a load of fun before heirlooms were a thing. It took effort to setup properly and it was rare to run into another person doing it. I think my setup was a level 19 rogue with engineering, I had 10* the health of most of the other people in the BG and a single sinister strike was enough to one shot people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
iirc shadow priests were stupidly powerful at the 19 bracket as well as rogues. you could just SW:p people and keep moving because they were gonna die.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Rogues and Hunters were kings. Spriests were also good but could get shut down. I can't remember if druids got travel form at 15 or 20.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They still had the whole ranged+melee weapons back then, right? I remember pulling a lot with a bow back in Vanilla.

Hunters had that "dead zone" where you could manipulate their range/melee at the right spots because it would switch them between the two.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Rogues and Hunters were kings. Spriests were also good but could get shut down. I can't remember if druids got travel form at 15 or 20.
At 15(or 20 I forgot) it was the super useful Aquatic Travel Form. The shit you used like twice for questing and never again. Good for fishing tournaments way later when they added that iirc though, although Shaman water walking was better I think.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
At 15(or 20 I forgot) it was the super useful Aquatic Travel Form. The shit you used like twice for questing and never again.
You got it after a quest with a ton of travelling at 16. In vanilla you had to do quests for some abilities. Warriors hat to do a quest at 10 to get defensive stance and go to melee island at 30 for berserker stance.

Also, aquatic form was more useful back then because in vanilla you would drown a lot quicker.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The aquatic form quest was a pain in the ass to do. You had to travel to Barrens and then Silverpine as horde, or Darkshore and then Westfall as alliance, and that's not even including the stuff you had to do in Moonglade. There used to be a quest to unlock the cure poison spell as well.

All pretty boring shit, but man did it ever provide some elements of adventure and investment in your character.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You got it after a quest with a ton of travelling at 16. In vanilla you had to do quests for some abilities. Warriors hat to do a quest at 10 to get defensive stance and go to melee island at 30 for berserker stance.

Also, aquatic form was more useful back then because in vanilla you would drown a lot quicker.
Warlock Dreadsteed quest.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
One of the things I'm weirdly excited about is having keys/keyring back. Not necessarily attunements but it felt amazing to have the UBRS key because you grinded that shit out and people on my server knew I was that guy with the key and would give me a gold to come open it for them. Also guarantee invite to a group lmao.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
When this shit goes live I will be right there with yall. I miss the fuck out of vanilla wow and EQ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
One of the things I'm weirdly excited about is having keys/keyring back. Not necessarily attunements but it felt amazing to have the UBRS key because you grinded that shit out and people on my server knew I was that guy with the key and would give me a gold to come open it for them. Also guarantee invite to a group lmao.

See ... that's the community shit that WoW lost towards the end of classic.

Once they opened up nonstop name changes, server transfers, and x-server bg and raids, you lost all sense of community. Don't even get me started on flying mounts that turned TBC into Antisocial Island.

There was a time when you'd know exactly who's who on your server, what gear they were rocking, and which guild was beating what content. You had big dogs and egos to battle with.

EDIT: The server forums used to be hilarious good times. Now? I don't even know what to call it? It's all just 100% LFGuild. No drama because nobody knows anyone else. They don't have to know anyone else!

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
See ... that's the community shit that WoW lost towards the end of classic.

Once they opened up nonstop name changes, server transfers, and x-server bg and raids, you lost all sense of community. Don't even get me started on flying mounts that turned TBC into Antisocial Island.

There was a time when you'd know exactly who's who on your server, what gear they were rocking, and which guild was beating what content. You had big dogs and egos to battle with.

EDIT: The server forums used to be hilarious good times. Now? I don't even know what to call it? It's all just 100% LFGuild. No drama because nobody knows anyone else. They don't have to know anyone else!
There was a legit blacklist on the RP server I raided on back in the day. A GM and a few officers blew up a guild, took a few players with them - they all got blacklisted and never raided again on that server. I helped reform that guild, merged with another one, and kept moving forward.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We had this warrior that everyone knew on Hyjal called Scubasteve. He was like a mascot of dumb and we would take him on raids sometimes or dungeon runs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Flintlocke comics from 2005.

PVP druid.
episode-16-fast-times-in-arathi-basin-20060509030710703.jpg

episode-15-war-preparations-20060405040715569.jpg

rage-made-flesh-20050923060042316.jpg

flintlocke_comic_6_1106005261.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
There was a legit blacklist on the RP server I raided on back in the day. A GM and a few officers blew up a guild, took a few players with them - they all got blacklisted and never raided again on that server. I helped reform that guild, merged with another one, and kept moving forward.

The guild that opened AQ gates on our server in the middle of the night after agreeing to wait a few more weeks so we could get more mounts got pretty much blacklisted for the rest of vanilla-tbc. We recruited their tanks for naxx because we were further ahed of everyone, their guild fell apart, and nobody else would take their guild as recruits lmao. The GM that got scarab lord lost his guild and then afaik transferred servers and changed his name cause everyone hated him since we basically made him out to be a cuck.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think my favorite twinking memory was when one of my guildies ragequit wow for a month because he planned out the perfect twink, went and did all the quests that you could cheese with a higher level character to get over-leveled quest reward gear onto your alt, carefully plotting out the exp gains from kills/quest completion to ensure he ended up with the best gear at like 99% of the way through 19.

And forgot to take Discovery EXP into account, so accidentally rolled over to 20 after going through all the pain in the ass.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Ghunn on LFR is pretty damn funny in a train wreck sort of way. I foresee that wing as kill the first boss and drop out asap as the encounter currently goes.