World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
spell batching honestly needs to go, my heals all feel like I have 600ms and it's the most fucking aids thing in existence

it didn't even feel this way in vanilla and I had 56k in vanilla

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck is this boomer/zoomer bullshit and where did it come from? Apparently I'm a boomer because I asked what a boomer was.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What the fuck is this boomer/zoomer bullshit and where did it come from? Apparently I'm a boomer because I asked what a boomer was.

They are iterations of the Wojack meme (the feels guy).

Image result for thirty year old boomer

In terms of practice the boomer is the old guy (Gen X usually) and the zoomer is the young guy. Most of the jokes and references are along that young/old axis.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They are iterations of the Wojack meme (the feels guy).

In terms of practice the boomer is the old guy (Gen X usually) and the zoomer is the young guy. Most of the jokes and references are along that young/old axis.

And it's all over WoW because?

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
And it's all over WoW because?

There's been a number of "boomer dad plays classic zoomer son plays bfa" things made up but in truth it's just a very popular meme at its foundation. Asking what it has to do with WoW would be like asking what Rick James had to do with WoW back in 2004. It's just the popular thing everyone's saying.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gen X are 40+ these days, but 20 year olds can't distinguish generations or do math so it doesn't matter if the memes don't make sense. Common core memes.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
spell batching honestly needs to go, my heals all feel like I have 600ms and it's the most fucking aids thing in existence

it didn't even feel this way in vanilla and I had 56k in vanilla
Heal spell goes off, target still dies. It's made pvp more stupid than normal.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
There's been a number of "boomer dad plays classic zoomer son plays bfa" things made up but in truth it's just a very popular meme at its foundation. Asking what it has to do with WoW would be like asking what Rick James had to do with WoW back in 2004. It's just the popular thing everyone's saying.

Shit I dont remember Rick James memes. Chuck Norris on the other hand....

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Shit I dont remember Rick James memes. Chuck Norris on the other hand....

You don't remember Charlie Murpy's True Hollywood Stories? There was a spot for a while there when every chat channel in every online game had some serious I'M RICK JAMES BITCH action all up in it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You don't remember Charlie Murpy's True Hollywood Stories? There was a spot for a while there when every chat channel in every online game had some serious I'M RICK JAMES BITCH action all up in it.
Oh I remember the Chapelle show. I just dont remember that being a meme in WoW or anywhere near it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
He ain't got no legs. What the fuck does he need a couch for?

What the fuck do you mean they gave him legs? Why the fuck would they do a stupid thing like that?

• 2Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Guess a better person to use would be Nefarian. Or Cho'Gall. Can't recall anyone else actually sitting on anything.... Not that it matters to Lt. Dan.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've seen people say they're getting free 110 boosts too, but it's probably just from getting BFA which means those that already have it are out of luck

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

The reason I asked is because it seemed like there was this "war" or whatever going on between "the boomers" and the "zoomers". I don't fully understand it lol. Some guild was recruiting (but not boomers) and then people started fighting, and then saying the zoomers won't last etc etc. I'm just like wtf. And I heard the terms a few other times recently as well. Memes I guess.

• 1Picard

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The reason I asked is because it seemed like there was this "war" or whatever going on between "the boomers" and the "zoomers". I don't fully understand it lol. Some guild was recruiting (but not boomers) and then people started fighting, and then saying the zoomers won't last etc etc. I'm just like wtf. And I heard the terms a few other times recently as well. Memes I guess.
You can see it on this board if you search through some gaming threads. People saying how they dont want to do anything with guilds/groups full of 18 year old spergs. What you see is the expression of this on a wider scale, boomers dont want to group with zoomers and vice versa. Differences in views and life experiences. And think about it, do you really want some 16 year old squeaky voice fuck yeeting into your headphones while you smash some bosses? Well the 16 year old doesnt want to listen to some old dudes discussing their kids or wives or whatever either.