World of Warcraft: Classic

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We were having this problem last night in Strath. I think I might drop elvui for a bit:

The lastest (last I saw) version of ElvUI has disabled their loot module, maybe for this reason. Rest of the UI should still be usable. You can also disable the loot module manually.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
The lastest (last I saw) version of ElvUI has disabled their loot module, maybe for this reason. Rest of the UI should still be usable. You can also disable the loot module manually.

Notice that the lastest version of classic ELVUI has been downloaded almost 500K times, if that tells you how popular wow classic is.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm really glad the roll-need-on-everything didn't follow us over from everquest progression servers.

It took a while for eq to reach that point. It will happen in wow eventually too. Most people don't care because this prisoner's dilemma of a loot system hasn't burned them yet. The tank hit need on a boe green mail/plate? Sure. The warlock needed spirit pants? Whatever.

Give it time. A boe rare or epic will have someone hit need and ignore complaints. Or a soj or whatever will be needed by the casters and then you spot the winner not equipping it. Or an enchanter will need every single green+ item nobody hits need on to DE and leave none for greeders. It only takes an instance or two of being burned to realize that since all need and all greed do the same thing, hitting need on items that either everyone needs equally and/or you can just trade if someone wants to nbg, is the way to go.

The result will be a fair boe loot spread, the enc having to give the DE mat to the winners instead of just hoarding, and only cucks or sentimentals who think words matter over function left bitter.

I can't wait for need all to come over from eq.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It took a while for eq to reach that point. It will happen in wow eventually too. Most people don't care because this prisoner's dilemma of a loot system hasn't burned them yet. The tank hit need on a boe green mail/plate? Sure. The warlock needed spirit pants? Whatever.

Give it time. A boe rare or epic will have someone hit need and ignore complaints. Or a soj or whatever will be needed by the casters and then you spot the winner not equipping it. Or an enchanter will need every single green+ item nobody hits need on to DE and leave none for greeders. It only takes an instance or two of being burned to realize that since all need and all greed do the same thing, hitting need on items that either everyone needs equally and/or you can just trade if someone wants to nbg, is the way to go.

The result will be a fair boe loot spread, the enc having to give the DE mat to the winners instead of just hoarding, and only cucks or sentimentals who think words matter over function left bitter.

I can't wait for need all to come over from eq.

People are already needing all on BOE epics.

yerm

Yeah its only been 15 years so far, let's give it some time!

It took eq 15 years. And to be fair, it won't "come over from eq" it will emerge naturally in wow for the same reasons. Hitting greed on an item that nobody else "needs" more than you do is just inviting someone to fuck you over.

Good. Ideally every boe gets there.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The reason for that is that BOE epics are already outclassed by the time you find them. "need" to me is the character will actually equip the item, and you're a fucking dumbass if you equip Kang the Decapitator on a level 52 warrior while tanking sunken temple.

If you want an item to sell it, that literally is what greed means. WoW almost has the perfect system, imo if you need roll something, it should straight become soulbound to you and only greed rolls allow it to retain BoE.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

yerm

The reason for that is that BOE epics are already outclassed by the time you find them. "need" to me is the character will actually equip the item, and you're a fucking dumbass if you equip Kang the Decapitator on a level 52 warrior while tanking sunken temple.

If you want an item to sell it, that literally is what greed means. WoW almost has the perfect system, imo if you need roll something, it should straight become soulbound to you and only greed rolls allow it to retain BoE.

Thats actually a great idea imo. The problem is the game doesn't do it, and all hitting greed or need has the same effect as the other, so greed is a risk need is not.

We'll see. Maybe nbg will last and I will be wrong. I expect by 2022 all need will rule wow classic (and/or bc).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some priest on our server was getting roasted in chat for needing on the legs from SM and winning against the warrior that actually needed them.

He stated the sub 40 warrior didn't need them because he wears plate.

It made for delicious drama.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some priest on our server was getting roasted in chat for needing on the legs from SM and winning against the warrior that actually needed them.

And the Priest needed mail leggings for..?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
And the Priest needed mail leggings for..?

Exactly, shit was funny as fuck too as he tried to defend himself. He was even giving away free enchants later trying to keep people from blacklisting him.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Loot drama never gets old. I love that shit.

Im at the point in my life that I dont give a shit about any of that stuff, I just wanna see drama. Its funny to see grown ass men fight over some pixels and shit like little school children. The sense of entitlement in this game is shocking at times.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

being known for stealing items from tanks is a great way to keep yourself out of Pickup groups.

Life as a level 51 holy priest: LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG

Life as a level 31 warrior: Yo tank LF Gnomeregan group, but I need 20 minutes to turn in all these quests, can you summon me after you walk there?

20 minutes later I got the summon window pop up.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only thing that held me back from rerolling to a warrior instead of a priest was knowing that while the levelling/pre-raid gearing process is amazing due to the tank demand, finding a raid spot as one is a whole other story. Well, that and how fucking terrible the levelling is when solo.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Loot drama never gets old. I love that shit.

Im at the point in my life that I dont give a shit about any of that stuff, I just wanna see drama. Its funny to see grown ass men fight over some pixels and shit like little school children. The sense of entitlement in this game is shocking at times.

Well, why even play if you don't care about getting loot that makes you kick more ass?