World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you are watching hentai on the other monitor than you have to alt tab out of WoW to do other stuff. Right?

unironically this
not hentai most of the time though. Leveling is boring as fuck and I'd still have to go to another tab on my 2nd monitor if I continue using this online guide but guess I'm just doing that cause I'm too jewy

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Jesus H Christ I thought I could handle the lack of QoL items in game, but we just barely killed a contested quest mob after much camping and waiting in Northern Alterac mts, but died to adds. Holy shit its a 2000 meter corpse run. Corpse poofs before we're probably even halfway back to our corpses. Not camping that again.

The game just feels frustrating and boring. I can't stomach playing more than 20 minutes, and this from someone who raided full time on every EQ2 TLE server lol /masochist

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Alright so on my sword spec Rogue I'm using a main hand swing timer to SS / Finisher right after the MH swing. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any feedback on if I'm doing it right or not. Not sure if the swing timer is just buggy or what but sometimes I see the timer reset, most of the time I don't. It doesn't even matter if I SS halfway through the timer. There doesn't seem to be any consistency and the lack of good feedback makes me wonder if I'm doing it right. Is there any trick or is it literally just SS after the swing timer shows the MH swing going off?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
nm looks like I'm wrong.

edited correction: SS after an autoattack to maximize possible sword spec procs. That way you make sure to get the auto in for a possible proc then hit SS for an immediate chance at a proc.

Last edited:

Khane

Yea I understand the concept, the problem is the swing timer doesn't give any feedback on this so-called auto attack reset.

xzi

Mouthbreather
i quit raiding bois, half cause I can't do our 2nd raid day and half cause I don't want to use consumables on content I cleared when I was 14

I think I'm gonna go war and pug some shit

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Just do what I do, use your consumes, die to the trash after Garr, lose them all and just say fuck it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Alright so on my sword spec Rogue I'm using a main hand swing timer to SS / Finisher right after the MH swing. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any feedback on if I'm doing it right or not. Not sure if the swing timer is just buggy or what but sometimes I see the timer reset, most of the time I don't. It doesn't even matter if I SS halfway through the timer. There doesn't seem to be any consistency and the lack of good feedback makes me wonder if I'm doing it right. Is there any trick or is it literally just SS after the swing timer shows the MH swing going off?

I mean the general character animation and combat log should take care of any confusion, but here I made you a shitty gif.

If you see where I do backflips when I hemo it's always between the mainhand and offhand attacks. It doesn't need to be directly after just between swings. Same thing with SS.

Auto resets occur during SS procs, wf, hoj etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Okay so SS/finishers don't reset the swing timer, the procs do. That's why I was confused, some misinformed rogues were telling me SS resets swing timer. But you SS after a MH swing because it can proc the extra attacks which then reset the timer again for more white attacks. Got it.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
You just don't want HoJ, Sword Spec, or Windfury to proc right before you'd otherwise get a MH attack. I wouldn't delay SS for instance for 1.6 seconds because youre 1/3 into your mainhand swing timer. But if you're 2.3 seconds into a 2.6 second swing timer it could be a DPS increase to wait.

Khane

Nah I get it now, the confusion came from bad info, thinking that SS/finishers reset the swing timer.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You just don't want HoJ, Sword Spec, or Windfury to proc right before you'd otherwise get a MH attack. I wouldn't delay SS for instance for 1.6 seconds because youre 1/3 into your mainhand swing timer. But if you're 2.3 seconds into a 2.6 second swing timer it could be a DPS increase to wait.
You can delay SS for a long time if need be. Pooling energy isn't going to tank a rogue's dps.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
But you SS after a MH swing because it can proc the extra attacks which then reset the timer again for more white attacks. Got it.
Ok this is why I was scratching my head. I literally said that. But glad you got it figured out. Whoever told you SS resets autoattack don't ever listen to them again. hehe

--That way you make sure to get the auto in for a possible proc then hit SS for an immediate chance at a proc.--