World of Warcraft: Classic

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The experience is gonna be like agnarr. Mc will be cleared first week and bwl the second and people are gonna say "oh"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The experience is gonna be like agnarr. Mc will be cleared first week and bwl the second and people are gonna say "oh"

Yep.

And people after going to struggle to put together 40 for the current raid tier.

What's going to happen with mods, are people who made like decursive going to come back and update it to work with the new-old code?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yep.

And people after going to struggle to put together 40 for the current raid tier.

What's going to happen with mods, are people who made like decursive going to come back and update it to work with the new-old code?
My other theory is it won't be old code. It'll be mostly current code with stuff backed out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I think you're vastly overestimating the interest. 750k is a shit ton of people.

750k is probably a stretch but the most successful server, Nostalrius, quoted 200k+ unique users. I myself have played on 3 different EMU servers and only reached 60 on one of them. The biggest deterrent is that the server poofs because some russian whore bitch decides to be a skank and abuse power. Once you take that out of the equation, the demand might be much higher.

There's been enough servers now where people have farmed out MC/BWL extensively so I don't think anyone has any rose-tinted glasses and beliefs of what it will play out like; people just want to play the game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My other theory is it won't be old code. It'll be mostly current code with stuff backed out

Yea but my point is decursive was integral to raiding for some time. Especially before they exposed some LUA functionality to allow frames like grid to work well, I'm pretty sure dynamic targets (ie click to cast) were added later.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'll probably dabble with it casually. I always enjoyed the feeling of the old school Plaguelands and the Scourge in Vanilla. The Forsaken starting area and questing was good times as well.

Now all that content is streamlined and not interesting.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I MIGHT try this again. Was fun times for sure...but leading shit most times I felt like I was trying to herd a bunch of fruit flies into a bottle of rat poison.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I MIGHT try this again. Was fun times for sure...but leading shit most times I felt like I was trying to herd a bunch of fruit flies into a bottle of rat poison.

Gotta just join one of the top + non forum guilds and then your safe most of the time.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Classic WoW, that was carefully making sure the #1 player on your ladder also got the most honor, else he'd get demoted, no matter how much honor he made.

That was when you had to grind a flask, a potion and an elixir for every single attempt at a boss.

That was when you had to grind fire resist gear from dark iron armor, followed by poison resist gear in Maraudon for AQ, followed by frost resist gear for Nax?

What other lovely features will this bring back?

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Man..I seriously can't wait!!! Going to be sick crushing people in WSG just like the old days.... Oh wait... I have a wife, kid, and responsibilities now. Highly doubt I'm going to end up server first Sulfuras again with the only Lionheart helm and Stronghold gauntlet plans on the server for near a year. Even ignoring my responsibilities right now I can honestly say the only reason I ever got that into WoW Vanilla is because of the core players I became friends with who played all day as well.

Did we have a shit ton of fun crushing Warsong, or raiding? Of course, but I also vividly remember logging in mid day when people were busy, asleep, or whatever, and thinking wow this is boring and logging off until more people were on. That't not say I won't load it up for the nostalgia, but I'm pretty sure it's going to fizzle out for me fairly quickly. Shit I couldn't even stomach leveling a warrior on Nostalrius.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you think they even have the old code? Seriously curious.

Judging by the ancient shit I've seen on our file servers, yeah, they probably do.

Whether they actually know where it is on the other hand...

btw will this be a PVE or a PVP server?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Judging by the ancient shit I've seen on our file servers, yeah, they probably do.

Whether they actually know where it is on the other hand...

btw will this be a PVE or a PVP server?
PvP and pve servers are no longer going to exist

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
PVP server is the only proper way to experience vanilla wow.

The unrelenting torture from 40-60 is what makes hitting level cap feel so good.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I cant remember where i read it, but there was a widely regarded fact and quote somewhere from blizzard saying they no longer had the old code from vanilla. That was one of the reasons they didnt wanna do vanilla servers.