World of Warcraft: Classic

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Debuff cap was diff, I want to say some stuff was unique there but you are right you ran into cap issues mostly. IIRC, for example only one ignite and you couldn't run two affli locks.

You couldn't stack most buffs either, though. So you could only put one rejuv on your tank.
Warriors weren’t allowed to spec deep wounds because of it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Warriors weren’t allowed to spec deep wounds because of it.

Yea I admit I don't remember entirely. I swear some stuff was unique on top of 14 or w/e debuff cap?

Like you could only judg wisdom once and stuff and that's a debuff. Want to say like curses were unique too? Idr

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yea but you could only really have one druid, maybe two if they were resto. Remember hots and dots didn't stack from different people.

Whoever had the highest +healing got to stack Regrowth and Rejuv, the rest of us spammed Rank 4 Healing Touch and technically did more healing overall. We had like 5 druids, two per tank, or raid spammed Rejuv if you had a Paladin or Priest to main tank heal.

And there were "cookie cutter" specs, but there were also some variation between certain classes. Like I played a 31/0/X arcane power mage and out damaged every other frost mage. The only fight it wasn't ideal was during the intro stage to Nefarian, since I didn't have slowing Blizzard. Our warrior also went some hybrid, threat build, that optimized damage and dps. He was tough enough, and never lost threat. That guy was insane.

Some classes though were "51/0/2" or whatever. Specifically healing classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I really missed re-casting seals everytime I used judgement as Paladin....

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm just looking forward to pvp 1 shotting 60's in greens with an Askandi

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If I remember I think Warrior was like 5/31/15 or some shit since more than 15 in prot was a waste so we dumped most points into fury. Then fairly often you 2 hand tanked or even tanked without pieces of gear to get mad rage.

You could put out solid damage. Was fun times. The stance dancing was easy shit. Plus your shield wall was on like a 30min timer as well as the other cool downs. You had a macro to toss on a shield pop wall then back to the 2 hander. We had 2 other 30min cooldowns which would allow us to rape face. Vanilla Warriors were gods. Even so you had those cunts who were like "I'm a DPS warrior" I don't tank, dropped those tards from the guild as fast as possible.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently they have to redo the code or a good portion of it, which means they could overcome a few technical limitations of the era, such as the debuff limit.
In the end I think it's a good move. I play vanilla regularly, but there is always the chance the server shuts down because the owner got bored or has better things to do or any other reasons, but this is 100% safe, so I'll gladly play it.
The new expansion doesn't excite me one bit, I want to see the new class redesign (because we're sure as fuck getting multiple total remakes) before judging it, but the new "let's kill each other, again" is close to nonsensical after we've defeated gods and demons everywhere together. Anyway I'll play this classic version for sure.

• 2Solidarity

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
As someone who chose Eq2 and never really played WOW, I will be happy to try this.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have the time or the patience to grind vanilla Wintersaber rep over again. Pass.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably sub for a bit to level up an alliance character; I never did the vanilla alliance zones before the Cata revamp. The thought of farming BRM for resist gear mats and grave moss for shadow protection potions triggers me.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Aaaaah fuck ya, perditions blade rogue inc. brb looking up old Ming guides

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
-Give me original talent trees.
-All raids from vanilla through Nax, including the invasion of Eastern Plaguelands.
-Keep the modern world style, subtract all the Cataclysm scars.
-Remove flying.
-Bring back open world dragon's, but maybe set them to be more accessible. Same with Kazzak.
-Shorten hearthstone time.
-Keep the original leveling time, except maybe the 58-60 period - I literally ran out of quests on multiple characters and had to grind dungeons/mobs.
-Maybe calm Reputation the fuck down. Dark Iron and Timbermaw and Silithid reps were insane.

• 1Barf

norp

Bronze Squire
These vanilla servers better include the Chinese farmers at Tyr's Hand.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's what they do: add unique xmogs and titles to classic server achieves usable on live regular. New armor sets and weapons only obtainable there.

Everyone will have to sub for classic to get the cool shit.

Bwahahahhaha

Also loot crates

This is most horrific thing I've ever heard. So it's probably true.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Interesting. Redoing the codebase and splitting it off from their regular servers is great because it allows them to do anything.

Will be curious if they aim to more or less recreate 1.12 with a few bugfixes or do more of an overhaul and release as a "1.6 patch."

Of course this is going to make loads of money and shut out the shithole Vanilla Emu community.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can we change this thread name to WoW Classic: You think you do but you don't

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users