World of Warcraft: Classic

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There's some horde dude on my server named Idindunuffin. I figured it was one of you guys but i never asked.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
How do you guys handle loot? I'm in one of the top guilds on our realm that uses a "loot council" to distribute it. In theory, this means distribute the loot around evenly with a nuanced view of certain special cases for the grater good. In practice, I am starting to feel that this actually means loot goes to the popular kids, aka the officers and the those who deepthroat them.

Been full-time on a raid team for about 6 weeks. Rag/Ony on farm status. MC trash trash every week as well. I've been in MC enough that I'm well into revered with Hydraxian Waterlords. I show up on time. Repaired. Have most of my pre-raid BiS, so decent dps. Contribute mats. Bring pots. And yet...zero pieces of gear from loot council, although almost all are handed out that way. I finally got one piece last week that was open roll for all melee. I look at them handing out more shit to guys who already have plenty of epics and I just don't get it.

I feel like i'm getting my shit shoved in at this point.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Forum guild is LC, the only thing we've rolled on is Ony bags at this point.

Seems fair thus far, but I haven't really paid attention since I am not feeling slighted at the moment outside of the bosses just not dropping the gear in order to be slighted about it in the first place.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The forum guild's loot council is in the running for "most fairly operated loot council I've dealt with" which is nice. Loot in general seems pretty shitty however. Getting one shot at MC a week with a whole bunch of people interested in whatever you're interested in is unfortunate but just sorta how things are. There's lots of "everyone of X class is looking for Y trinket" or whatever premier slot and given that there's almost certainly going to too much of some shit and not enough of other shit bottlenecks form up.

If you think the system your guild is running is bollocks than start by talking with some people and then consider bailing. In my own experience with poorly run loot councils what I expect BrotherWu BrotherWu to see is all the same cool kids packing on gear now also in the front of the line for all the BWL gear as well.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Almost all of "top" guilds run loot council on Whitemane. Our (forum guild) loot council has basically been more of a class round robin as long as you are not missing raids since specs, mediocre parses, consumables etc. haven't been enforced as of yet.

Luckily aside from a handful of items there isn't a large difference between pre raid bis and raid bis aside from stamina increases which is pretty irrelevant if you're just care bearing it up.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I play on Rattlegore and I'm in one of the top 2 Horde guilds on the server, we do loot council. I feel it's relatively fair for "normal drops", but if it's a BiS item like Mageblade, there's def some favoritism to the officers and buddies. I guess I don't care that much cuz all I waned was full T1 and since most of it isn't that good for raiding (Warlock) I picked up most of the pieces with nobody going against me. There's so much time between MC and BWL, I figured if I just show up I'm bound to get shit eventually.

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm not "being clever". It is legitimately weird that you would take the time out of your life to report people's names because you don't like them.

I know I don't have unlimited time to play like I did was back when, certainly not enough time to take on a side gig as name police.

Bullshit, you were trying to be clever.

I never said I would report a name for being "boring". I just don't want the digital sewage that is modern day politics being plastered around in my fantasy games, (in this case MAGA, a political slogan). That would have been abundantly clear to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension.

Never said anyone had to agree with my opinion, but at least argue the point being discussed. So yeah, fuck off.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How do you guys handle loot? I'm in one of the top guilds on our realm that uses a "loot council" to distribute it. In theory, this means distribute the loot around evenly with a nuanced view of certain special cases for the grater good. In practice, I am starting to feel that this actually means loot goes to the popular kids, aka the officers and the those who deepthroat them.

Been full-time on a raid team for about 6 weeks. Rag/Ony on farm status. MC trash trash every week as well. I've been in MC enough that I'm well into revered with Hydraxian Waterlords. I show up on time. Repaired. Have most of my pre-raid BiS, so decent dps. Contribute mats. Bring pots. And yet...zero pieces of gear from loot council, although almost all are handed out that way. I finally got one piece last week that was open roll for all melee. I look at them handing out more shit to guys who already have plenty of epics and I just don't get it.

That's loot council for you. I'm in a guild that uses it and surprise, surprise the worst players in the guild are the tanks and they get all the loot because for some reason people can't wrap their heads around:

1) BWL is still months away
2) You don't need to feed tanks all the gear to succeed
3) Our tanks suck

This week we got our second Band of Accuria ever. They gave it to the main tank. Fucking lol. An agi/hit ring going to a prot warrior who is already full might/2pc wrath/quel'serrar and we've had Ony/MC on farm for months with no sign of BWL and they still give the MT all the loot by default.

They almost gave our first perdition's blade to the MT as well and they gave our only Core Hound Tooth to a Fury Warr who already had gotten a Deathbringer from Ony literally the day before (he then left 2 days later stating the guild wasn't hardcore enough for him). If it wasn't for the fact that this is a morning weekday raid guild and the only one on the server I'd just leave but the raid schedule is too good.

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance. And that's just what it is. Our loot council is 3 healers and a mage and they have absolutely no idea how to distribute physical dps loot.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Speak to someone about it.

Although it depends what class you are and what gear you aren't getting.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Loot council is a dumb fuck system which does nothing to protect against human bias. The only reason to ever use it is if you're cutting edge and need items distributed perfectly. Why more guilds aren't using DKP is beyond me outside of the hassle of tracking points.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bullshit, you were trying to be clever.

I never said I would report a name for being "boring". I just don't want the digital sewage that is modern day politics being plastered around in my fantasy games, (in this case MAGA, a political slogan). That would have been abundantly clear to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension.

Never said anyone had to agree with my opinion, but at least argue the point being discussed. So yeah, fuck off.
You said the words "I just don't want to see that boring, tedious current-(or old)-affairs rubbish in my fantasy game." I wasn't trying to be clever, I was literally using your words to try and ask you why you're such a crybaby faggot asshole that you report people for their names because they dont fit whatever mold you have identified as acceptable. I sure am glad that Blizzard has to spend resources dealing with your hurt pussy rather than addressing actual in game issues.

They make a whole special server for this, with explicit rules for it. Fuck off with your taste monitoring bullshit.

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Loot council is a dumb fuck system which does nothing to protect against human bias. The only reason to ever use it is if you're cutting edge and need items distributed perfectly. Why more guilds aren't using DKP is beyond me outside of the hassle of tracking points.
I ran a lot council back in the day for a hot minute. We constantly struggled to remove bias and ended up going back to dkp because we just couldnt find a solution. I'm curious how successful loot councils actually handle that problem.

Shit, now they have addons for dkp, shit is easy. We were spreadsheeting that shit back on the day.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Probably because nobody wants 90% of the guild passing on items in hopes of saving up enough to see the Ret paladin bid all his shit on X item which might as well of gone into the fucking trash can. DKP is great for a person since you only care about your shit and everyone else can eat dicks. Loot council when done well is to the benefit of the guild.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Far back in the day, we used to run loot council for specific items only. Significant weapons and trinkets were all counciled, tier was DKP and everything else was free roll. We never once ran into any drama issues with looting except one recruit that left over not getting a healer staff.

It worked pretty well. Honestly I'd do it again but forget the dkp for tier and just have everything be free roll except significant items, again like weapons/trinkets and maybe some rings still be council.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Far back in the day, we used to run loot council for specific items only. Significant weapons and trinkets were all counciled, tier was DKP and everything else was free roll. We never once ran into any drama issues with looting except one recruit that left over not getting a healer staff.

It worked pretty well. Honestly I'd do it again but forget the dkp for tier and just have everything be free roll except significant items, again like weapons/trinkets and maybe some rings still be council.

That's honestly the best way to handle it. Tier is usually an upgrade but not a significant or huge upgrade over pre-raid BiS items. The weapons are what matter the most and they are super rare so it kinds sucks if the loot council says "Well you just got Nightslayer shoulders so you're out for the next 4 drops since we have 5 rogues" and then a Vis'Kag and Brut Blade drop and you have no hope for either.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's honestly the best way to handle it. Tier is usually an upgrade but not a significant or huge upgrade over pre-raid BiS items. The weapons are what matter the most and they are super rare so it kinds sucks if the loot council says "Well you just got Nightslayer shoulders so you're out for the next 4 drops since we have 5 rogues" and then a Vis'Kag and Brut Blade drop and you have no hope for either.
Back in the days we had something similar, other than tank armor which was pretty much entirely council, cause we had to gear the good tanks and not the drooling retards. These fucks had dibs on most 2H though as a result(cause as retarded as they were, you still needed them to do trash/fill the raid) so for most of my warrior life when I was in raid I used the crafted axe shit then the sword from razor...whatever his name was, the first boss in BWL. Didn't get an Ashkandi until way later, when Chtun axe was the shit. Luckily they also buffed Fury a bunch over time and I got my hands on the zulfarrak(I think? or maybe AQ20) set of swords and just DW fury shit around. On the flipside when I switched to tanking I got 8pc wrath in like a month or whatever cause I was just given the entire thing in priority.