World of Warcraft: Classic

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It could be manufacturer software for macro keys for all we know. Agent/Warden is spyware and has a fuckton of access to your PC, so it could be just about anything.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're suing over a sub fee of what, $60, how expensive can that be?

Besides, it would be content for their channel.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dear Fellow Christians,

Do you want to hang out and game with @Lightning Lord Rule @BoozeCube @Sebudai ? What about witness as @Szeth does 1.1k on Garr?

If so, the Fires of Heaven guild on H-Whitemane is recruiting!~

We specifically need a few shamans and a good rogue. Shamans being good is entirely optional, just ask @Shiftyx or @Daezuel.

The simulation within a simulation awaits you, friends.

Jasker

Join us fellow boomers!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Those guys aren't hurting for money, why not just take Blizzard to court over this?

because that dumb mother fucker probably botted for some pvp grind or mats gathering. I don't buy the 'woah i have no idea what i did' bullshit.

Third party software use is pretty much clear cut botting.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's possible he botted or something but in one of those videos he even states it's the only MMO he plays and he plays with his family. As well as playing since literally launch.. doubt after 15 years he would decide to just start botting?

Who knows though, Blizzard has actually banned for VPN usage before though. Usually they overturn them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People get wrongfully banned plenty. It happens.

But even if he was doing something suspect he's asking for information on what exactly the reason was so he can at least try to prevent the same from happening in the future. Instead Blizzard says "We aren't going to tell you what you did, but you're free to play on another account and get banned for the exact same thing!"

Also, there are a lot of permissible third party tools and software. ISBoxer, AutoHotKey, etc. Shit, even overlays and voice chat like Discord are "third party software" and twitch for streaming or mod management.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The guy has a reputation for not only himself, but the businesses he is a face for to protect. He isn't going to start bringing up this shit in public if he had done some shit that would blow up in his face if blizzard revealed the truth. It isn't just some asshole on reddit complaining about being banned for nothing only for blizzard to reveal the person was calling everyone a American Inventor and threatening to kill them.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's possible he botted or something but in one of those videos he even states it's the only MMO he plays and he plays with his family. As well as playing since literally launch.. doubt after 15 years he would decide to just start botting?

Who knows though, Blizzard has actually banned for VPN usage before though. Usually they overturn them.

i've known a few dudes who botted back in cata to grind mats, never botted before. I could see a desire to bot for the ultra pvp grindfest or mats.

I'm not defending blizzard by any means, fuck them, and they should tell him exactly what they 'detected' him using, no doubt about it. You don't go around arresting people and not telling them why....for the most part anyway ...

But there's a petty decent chance this dude tried out some sort of bot and got caught. What you see on video content is what people let you see, there's no telling what they do with their accounts on off hours.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It isn't just some asshole on reddit complaining about being banned for nothing only for blizzard to reveal the person was calling everyone a American Inventor and threatening to kill them.
I've seen those posts, people are really quick to believe the blizzard statement right away just by their word when it's known their GM support is by now the worst this industry has ever seen.

What if those "gotcha" posts were bullshit as well?

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
With the amount of kids i’ve seen running around in pick up raids or pvp bgs (on live, cant speak for classic) calling people faggot American Inventors i dont doubt most of those are legit.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
He was probably AFK botting in AV for the honor grind and got caught. No way he will admit that, though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He was probably AFK botting in AV for the honor grind and got caught. No way he will admit that, though.

If that was the case I'm not sure why he would mention the ban at all in a YouTube video.

Kiki

Log Wizard
If you vpn in Diablo 2 TO THIS DAY, they will suspend you for 3 days or a week, and they won't do anything about it when you contact support. It's a stupid policy.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You make a compelling argument. Quineloe Quineloe how is the lag from the EU?

Telia is shitting the bed during EU primetime, I have severe packetloss and the game is unplayable, has been since October. It was absolutely smooth the first six weeks (else I'd have cancelled there and then).

Might be completely different for you depending on how you get routed there. Ping during raid times (3am) is 150ms.

3T74FAS.png