World of Warcraft: Classic

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Had a nostalgia fueled, under-leveled full BRD run happen today, and it was a smashing good time! 60 Rogue, and 57 Warrior carried it while me as a 57 Mage, and another Warrior and Priest were at 52, but we full cleared it, including Emp. Was a damn good time.

I got attuned to MC, and finished the pre-reqs for the Gorshak cheese, so should be 60 in no time now!

Just in time for our Rag kill in the Alt raid :)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Had a nostalgia fueled, under-leveled full BRD run happen today, and it was a smashing good time! 60 Rogue, and 57 Warrior carried it while me as a 57 Mage, and another Warrior and Priest were at 52, but we full cleared it, including Emp. Was a damn good time.

I got attuned to MC, and finished the pre-reqs for the Gorshak cheese, so should be 60 in no time now!
That's under-leveled for BRD? lol.

Sweet summer child.

That dungeon was balanced for the level 55 cap in beta.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
52 in the Lyceum is gotta be quite a pain on agro range though. And on Emperor the warrior is essentially neutered dps-wise.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's under-leveled for BRD? lol.

Sweet summer child.

That dungeon was balanced for the level 55 cap in beta.
Yea, 52 can do a few different parts of the dungeon, but most groups that are going all the way, or doing a Princess run, want level 58+.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
1579745914490.png

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
AV full premades are getting removed next week but people will be able to group queue with 5 people. Pretty good compromise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's the way it should have been in the first place, it's a fucking mmo, healers shouldn't have to fucking queue by themselves. I never solo queued AV back in the day as far as I can remember.

Queues are already lame as is though for Horde, hope this doesn't make it even worse. Need some AV weekends or something so I can finish my stupid grind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Excellent changes but it's not enough. Fix the goddamn exploit pulling, FFS. And do something about the AFK bots.

I saw people asking for the removal of BG numbers in some of the many, many threads with people begging Blizzard to do something about AV. Can't give Blizzard credit for the idea, but at least they're gonna do it. They need to add random delays to queues as well.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I still want the original mobs everywhere AV experience put in

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
The decisions by the devs continue to amaze me and any doubts about them genuinely wanting to destroy the success of this venture are gone. It took random people 1-2 minutes to realize that the AV and honor changes coming up would severely punish whatever few alliance players there are on the PVP servers.
I've been using the 24/7 av discord channel to AV and there's been a significant drop in the win rate in the last week. I am well under 50% win rate using the premade channel. Horde just tends to be better organized, more motivated and I think there are significant map differences that favour horde in the current AV.

Removing the ability to premade together along with the increase to world honor per kill will ensure less alliance queing to AV and more of them quitting as the camping in the world will get tighter. The vicious cycle will continue until most players have quit.

Looking at Herod, the ratio of Horde to alliance (of toons over level 30) in the last 30, 14, 7 days is 2.05, 2.20 and 2.84 respectively showing that with time, the number of people quitting/moving servers is accelerating and this is on a server that was comparatively well divided. I don't blame people. My recent trip to BRM to get attuned for BWL was quite cancer despite the fact I went with an almost full guild group.

It doesn't take a genius to see that there's a problem and that they should look for solutions to stem the bleeding. Only reasonable explanation is that they actively want this to fail to save their face.

Last edited:

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I don't know what bizarro world the people who claim that the AV map favors horde live in. They might as well say that the sky in green.

Hardcore PvPers favor horde because of the aesthetics of the faction; hence horde players are better at PvP. Alliance players (generally speaking) tend to be better PvEers or are at least more PvE oriented in no small part because of paladins. I'd also say the hardcore crowd in general favors the horde faction, so since Classic is a re-release of an old era, the ratio of hardcores to casual players is much higher here resulting in the faction balance being reversed.

Horde have 30 minute queues and want to wreck people, so when we go in, we want a good fight and to make the most of it. Alliance with insta-queues suffer from fatigue due to lack of downtime or whatever. They also get their faction quicker so their players stop queuing sooner. On top of that, the current toxic meta is to rush to Drek and skip all GYs; so if alliance wipe down there, they're fucked from spawning across the entire map. The rush strategy is a gamble in that sense. I've seen premades just continue to skip GYs and run all the way down there after wipes and they kept shooting themselves in the foot doing that.

Of course the alliance who do nothing but premades do not see the consequences of their queue abuse, which is all games that aren't premades ending up in extremely lopsided losses and matches starting with 10 alliance in them. THAT is what harms the game and makes people not want to queue. You don't balance a PvP game by allowing one faction to coordinate and select who can enter battlegrounds via queue system abuse and denying it to the other faction. If one side needs a crutch of some sort, there are much better ways of providing one. I've long advocated for some kind of handicap put in to prevent large gear imbalances or premades from ruining the enjoyment of BGs, however that's not Classic and neither is the discord premading we're seeing now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Removing the ability to premade together along with the increase to world honor per kill will ensure less alliance queing to AV and more of them quitting as the camping in the world will get tighter. The vicious cycle will continue until most players have quit.
Never, ever, play on a full pvp server for a game with hardcoded factions.