World of Warcraft: Classic

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
because that dumb mother fucker probably botted for some pvp grind or mats gathering. I don't buy the 'woah i have no idea what i did' bullshit.

Third party software use is pretty much clear cut botting.
Good chance. I used showeq back in my vulak days and one thing it did above all else was let you see the hilarious amount of other people cheating as well.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
He got unbanned. He was apparently banned not because of an actual program, just the suspicion that he might be using one...

• 2Rustled
  • 2RAGE
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
For anyone curious it's at 8:58 where he starts talking about it

Somehow that is extremely more retarded than I could have ever imagined

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Someone probably reported his ass then. It's not unheard that if you corner a market often or are being caught doing very repetitive moving in the world people can report you on suspicion of botting.
People know this and can use this to make shit up.

It's very possible he got reported by one (or multiple sources in on it) and blizzard didn't bother checking and just banned (especially if multiple reports came in)

Bunch of assholes he rustled decided to fuck with the guy?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
This has been an issue in classic since it came out. Guilds mass reporting people that are doing enchants or crafts for free so their guildies are the only ones who can do it for a fee.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Someone probably reported his ass then. It's not unheard that if you corner a market often or are being caught doing very repetitive moving in the world people can report you on suspicion of botting.
People know this and can use this to make shit up.

It's very possible he got reported by one (or multiple sources in on it) and blizzard didn't bother checking and just banned (especially if multiple reports came in)

Bunch of assholes he rustled decided to fuck with the guy?

Or they just fucked up and banned based on automated flag raising for third party software that wasn't correct. Which happens plenty.

When someone reports you for botting GMs will punt your character around to see how you react, or log you off to see how fast you log back in and resume. This has actually happened to me while multiboxing.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ya gms used to do that. Nowadays with all the cuts? They probly ban after a few reports.

either way fuck them.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Basically GMs or customer service is the equivalent of automated DMCA-bot scrawling through reports being managed by an indian call center who only work M-F. Their bosses are a different call center. Feel lucky you even got an email saying they officially cut you off.

God forbid you actually get an American to talk to for NA, and it's Janice from accounting.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
BWL coming up and we could use a few solid players to fill out raid. Horde Fairbanks server. A couple healers would be nice but if any old friends want to come play lemme know.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Pretty much the same as above but on Whitemane with the other forum guys. We have pretty much everything we need but we can never keep enough Shaman around. We could also use some more just casual guys to weekend raid with us too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Booze & Co on the Whitemane server are good peeps. I highly recommend playing with them.

I've tried to renew interest to come back and play with everyone, but I just can't manage it. That nostalgia trip died hard for me.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've tried to renew interest to come back and play with everyone, but I just can't manage it. That nostalgia trip died hard for me.

All good man.

The game has actually been much more fun the second time around. The two mini-games I've found myself enjoying most is grabbing world buffs and farming the Timbermaw mobs in Winterspring for raid mats. I use my hunter for farm and it's very calming/easy and doesn't feel grindy at all.

Very low key and let warriors rape face in raids...if they can stay alive. I'm pretty excited about experiencing BWL again as well.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
We could also use some more just casual guys to weekend raid with us too.
1580743463687.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users