World of Warcraft: Classic

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I cannot imagine making the decision to go back to retail. /Shudder. What a tool.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
So taking a look at the first week of BWL over classic it looks like there are about 7,073 guilds who put up logs which at 40 man that's an estimated 282,800 players zoning into BWL this week.

Then you compare that to retail and the newest raid Ny'alotha and on normal since release you have 9,719 guilds listed and you can estimate it on the high side at max flex of 30 and you end up with 291,570 player after it being out a month or so already.

Then you look at Mythic and there is a giant drop off. The more I think and think of it from an objective position the more I am convinced sliding difficulty scalers and trying to turn an MMO into Super Meat Boy with 1200 addons is the exact opposite of anything you would want in a SOCIAL game. Having some challenge is good but modern wow has lost a lot of what made it an MMORPG to begin with. On the plus side engagement in Classic is at least equal to if not higher than retail.
Looks like we ended up with around 60 guilds in BWL on Mankrik, 14 of which cleared it. But I know of at least 2 guilds that cleared it with two raid groups and are only counted once, plus numerous others with 2-3 raid groups at various stages. So your estimate should probably factor that in since it seems a lot more common than I would have thought.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only thing I can say about asmon, not defending him, is that he did NOT play vanilla. IIRC he mostly watched his mom. He doesn't have the same nostalgia

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
didn't his gold digger/cum sponge leave him? Probably found a less beta cuck with no halitosis

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
We lost the keys to the basement where our Internet Hate Machine is, so it has been running 24/7. It runs on Mt. Dew and Doritos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
meivtv0lroh41.png

Narrator: There are no weapons in either BWL nor MC

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
imagine a 5 page derail on a streamer you weird spergs claim you have no interest in

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
imagine a 5 page derail on a streamer you weird spergs claim you have no interest in

I think of him less as a person and more of an avatar. It's like watching someone ascend. He's becoming the patron saint of neckbearding.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user