World of Warcraft: Classic

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pleasantly surprised to hear there are people in all the leveling zones. I really wanted to check out all the dungeons/instances if possible. I figured PVP would be plentiful at the top at but super happy to hear it will be active in the 20's.

I figured there was a forum guild but mistakenly thought it was more geared towards top end only with spots for raiders. That is definitely good news as I would rather not spend time with sperg type spam guilds.

If I am looking to do a HoT/DoT type class with nukes or better a pet, Warlock? Thanks for all the info.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is that a picture of AOC? You're gonna have a bad time on these forums.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Nah don’t listen to the angry old white man, you can play games with us and not delve into politics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I took it down since I was posting here. I put that up for a bet that Foler initiated to rustle jimmies.

Edit : by here I mean in gaming threads...I am fully aware of the board and the politics etc
I am a lurker since Noows actually just never posted much.

• 2Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I am looking to do a HoT/DoT type class with nukes or better a pet, Warlock? Thanks for all the info.
Dots and nukes?
Serpent Sting, Aimed shot.

I mean if you want a pet class, warlock isn't that in vanilla/classic. The gimp is just a walking hp buff, the voidwakka can't hold agro, the succubus for dps is trying really hard. Closest I've gotten to being a pet class in raiding is parking my felhunter 30y behind me during bug trio in AQ40 to dispell my fear.

In regular dungeons, stuff just dies way too fast for DoTs to be viable. If you run double warlock, one of them going CoA Corruption on every mob and the other going shadow bolt, the shadow bolt warlock will come out ahead like 100% more deepz.

• 2Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone mind giving me a paste of their must have mods?
definitely killtrack for the depressing realization you've ran this dungeon thirty fucking times and still didn't get the rare shit you're after.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dots and nukes?
Serpent Sting, Aimed shot.

I mean if you want a pet class, warlock isn't that in vanilla/classic. The gimp is just a walking hp buff, the voidwakka can't hold agro, the succubus for dps is trying really hard. Closest I've gotten to being a pet class in raiding is parking my felhunter 30y behind me during bug trio in AQ40 to dispell my fear.

In regular dungeons, stuff just dies way too fast for DoTs to be viable. If you run double warlock, one of them going CoA Corruption on every mob and the other going shadow bolt, the shadow bolt warlock will come out ahead like 100% more deepz.
Thank you, this is stuff I definitely wouldn't know. I am very low knowledge when it comes to WoW. I played a little Priest at some random point but not for long as I was a hardcore EQ2 player. I am guessing you are talking about Hunter as your character. The best bet will probably be me running up several characters to 10-20 and stick with what is fun. Thanks again for the info.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, I main warlock. designed and described as a pet class with the major flaw that the pets are all terrible. At least for PVE.

Blasting some fool while they're charm locked with the succubus is hilarious, having the felhunter dispell CC and buffs and spell locking their shit is amazing, but when it comes to raiding you need raw DPS as your utility doesn't come from your pet (sans some extreme fringe cases like the one in AQ40) but rather is limited to your own spells. Hunter pets are much more straightforward in terms of dealing dps and not just dieing to the mob.

You also can't really run DoTs because of the 16 debuff limit as well as the fact that the raid wants you to use your curse for a debuff rather than the damage DoT. So most realistic scenario is that you get to cast corruption, which takes 1.5 seconds and lasts 18 seconds - that's 16.5 seconds you can spam shadow bolt instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, I main warlock. designed and described as a pet class with the major flaw that the pets are all terrible. At least for PVE.

Blasting some fool while they're charm locked with the succubus is hilarious, having the felhunter dispell CC and buffs and spell locking their shit is amazing, but when it comes to raiding you need raw DPS as your utility doesn't come from your pet (sans some extreme fringe cases like the one in AQ40) but rather is limited to your own spells. Hunter pets are much more straightforward in terms of dealing dps and not just dieing to the mob.

You also can't really run DoTs because of the 16 debuff limit as well as the fact that the raid wants you to use your curse for a debuff rather than the damage DoT. So most realistic scenario is that you get to cast corruption, which takes 1.5 seconds and lasts 18 seconds - that's 16.5 seconds you can spam shadow bolt instead.
I just showed again how woefully pathetic my general knowledge about WoW is again. I thought Felhunter was a Hunter pet haha. Thanks for the clarification. This is all good knowledge that I wouldn't even have thought to look up.

I am gonna try a few classes out. Once I get one that I am going to stick with I will check out the guild if you all have openings.

Last edited:

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hot damn I don't remember what my issues with WoW were so many years ago but this is as much fun as I have had in awhile. It was hard to remember how much more fun MMORPG's are with actual healthy populations hah.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I looked through what I could see of the forum guilds posts trying to find what classes were in need for raiding? I am sure I am missing something but didn't come across anything. I am far from being raid ready but that is something I enjoy and would like the chance when I get there. If someone has a minute, could they point me to what I am missing?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I looked through what I could see of the forum guilds posts trying to find what classes were in need for raiding? I am sure I am missing something but didn't come across anything. I am far from being raid ready but that is something I enjoy and would like the chance when I get there. If someone has a minute, could they point me to what I am missing?

Most of the discussion for the guild goes on over discord.

If you're talking about the FoH guild, we're always looking for shamans. Priest is good too. Maybe a mage. Maybe a hunter.

If you aren't big boy enough for the main raid yet, we run GDKPS you can start stepping your gear up with.

• 2Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the quick replies and the discord invite. I am just getting my feet wet playing a few classes up to 20 or so trying to choose one. I didn't want to hamstring myself in the realistic chance I got to the level and gear needed to raid.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ended up sticking with Hunter after running Mage, Warlock, Priest and Hunter to between 15 and 20.
Edit: My plan is to semi rush with Hunter and play Priest as my hit all dungeons character.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
That's a solid plan, as healing or tanking a dungeon significantly increases your chances of getting it going without spending a painstaking amount of time forming up. Also Hunters are incredible in TBC (if your plan is to play beyond vanilla as everyone presumes the server will go sometime next year).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user