World of Warcraft: Classic

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
People raid BWL during phase 6? multiple raid nights sound miserable.

We have people who raid 3 x Nax + the odd Aq 40. Raiding 5-6 nights a week. Some people just like to raid. Bwl only takes an hour though so not like it's much of a commitment.

Personally I'm enjoying taking a brief time to raid log until playing 24/7 for awhile when TBC comes out.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
A real dad guild clears Naxx in an hour and a half. I don’t know where this notion that dads have time to raid multiple nights came from. You sweaty zoomers can keep clearing Naxx in 3 hours and then head off to AQ/MC/BWL and Ony on your mains and alts. I’ll be showing my chainsaw off to my neighbors.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
A real dad guild clears Naxx in an hour and a half. I don’t know where this notion that dads have time to raid multiple nights came from. You sweaty zoomers can keep clearing Naxx in 3 hours and then head off to AQ/MC/BWL and Ony on your mains and alts. I’ll be showing my chainsaw off to my neighbors.

To clear Nax in an hour and a half requires full buffs.

You really think that "Dads" have the ability to log on at buff-drop time multiple times a day to gather all of those buffs (which can take longer than the actual raid) and then 100% clear Nax in a single night in 1.5 hours which would take 0 slowdowns or wipes or even a significant amount of deaths at any point?

Not to mention the prep taken to get/farm consumables or the gold required to buy them.

Then you need to summon everyone to the instance to make sure they don't lose their buffs which requires time as well.

Your 1.5 hour clear is not show up and raid for 90 minutes.

"Dad guild clears" are slow and methodical, a core raid team dragging less enthusiastic or skilled members through the raid with them, carrying them, usually with painful wipes, and a multi day clear. "Dads" are boomer players. Many "Dad" guilds still can't clear Nax at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I’m a dad. I’m in a guild that clears Naxx in an hour and 20 minutes. It takes me 15
Minutes to get DMT. Ony and ZG are scheduled drops throughout the day and night, takes less than 2 minutes. I’m buffed right now for my Tuesday raid.

You zoomers just aren’t as efficient as dads. Keep clearing Naxx in 3 hours and telling me how fun it is.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I’m a dad. I’m in a guild that clears Naxx in an hour and 20 minutes. It takes me 15
Minutes to get DMT. Ony and ZG are scheduled drops throughout the day and night, takes less than 2 minutes. I’m buffed right now for my Tuesday raid.

You zoomers just aren’t as efficient as dads. Keep clearing Naxx in 3 hours and telling me how fun it is.

You may be a dad, but you are not a "Dad" in the gamer sense. You have the ability to log on for buff timers during the day and night? Wow, I guess you don't need to work a job or sleep when you get home because you're tired. Must be convenient.

No songflower? No WCB? Where do your consumables come from? I guess you must be one of your guilds carries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
My kids go to bed at 8. I get Ony, ZG, WCB, and then SF. Couldn’t be easier. I’m still baffled at the 3 hour Naxx and then 3 hours for AQ and BWL. Just terrible.

You can check my logs. Jayysee from Incendius, dad guilds don’t have time to carry anyone. We have better things to do with our time.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My kids go to bed at 8. I get Ony, ZG, WCB, and then SF. Couldn’t be easier. I’m still baffled at the 3 hour Naxx and then 3 hours for AQ and BWL. Just terrible.

You can check my logs. Jayysee from Incendius, dad guilds don’t have time to carry anyone. We have better things to do with our time.

I already did. Confirmed the part where you're a carry. Hey it's ok to be a weaker player in a strong guild, but it embarassing for you to brag about it.

You still fail to understand that being a literal dad, and being a dad gamer, are completely separate things.

1615639550496.png

Your guild is clearly a good one, but is in no way, shape or form anywhere close to the definition of a "Dad guild"

• 9Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
We’re all dads. I’m not sure what the total damage metric is to the zoomers. I’m the improved EA rogue, sacrifice individual parse for the benefit of the guild. Dads are efficient.

Can’t imagine using all the consumes you guys most use for a 3 hour clear.

• 1Potato

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
We’re all dads. I’m not sure what the total damage metric is to the zoomers. I’m the improved EA rogue, sacrifice individual parse for the benefit of the guild. Dads are efficient.

Can’t imagine using all the consumes you guys most use for a 3 hour clear.

Those 28 IEA casts don't make up for the 70 less sinister strikes and 100 less slice and dices you used compared to Woosty. I'll look over the evis's, since they are what you should be sacrificing for IEA. You being 2/3rds of his DPS is kinda embarrassing where you are here bragging about how easy it is to raid Nax. Maybe if you had better than a 60% active percentage.

A simple google search for "Dad guild" would clear up your misunderstanding almost immediately.

This is not it:

1615640476578.png

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Wait. You think the improved expose armor is less beneficial than 70 sinister strikes and slice and dices? And you’re an officer of a WoW guild? Jesus.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Wait. You think the improved expose armor is less beneficial than 70 sinister strikes and slice and dices? And you’re an officer of a WoW guild? Jesus.

No. I'm saying you casting 28 IEA is a poor excuse for you being so down on every other metric. You should be lower than the other SS rogue, yes, but not by so much. There is a lot of room for you to improve your game, and thus, perhaps a little humbleness is in order, rather than the bragging going on here.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ya I guess my 99 parses could be 100’s. My 98’s could be 99’s. But us dads don’t really care about that stuff. You zoomers keep doing your 6 hour raids a week, keep pumping those 80 parses!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ya I guess my 99 parses could be 100’s. My 98’s could be 99’s. But us dads don’t really care about that stuff. You zoomers keep doing your 6 hour raids a week, keep pumping those 80 parses!

I wouldn't know. I only raid Nax, and it only takes 3 hours on a single night :)

You're a good player in an excellent guild, but you ARE a carry compared to the level of your guild. It's a good guild. You should be proud to be in it. It is not a Dad guild, however.

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre compared to your guild peers. I'm at that level myself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys do realize that 13 year olds can clear classic WoW, right? You’re basically arguing over who is more badass at tee-ball lmao