World of Warcraft: Classic

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
providing good high end recipes to build armor with
There are a lot of recipes in TBC like that, but most are either outright recipe drops or need materials from the raid. These are BoP mostly in TBC though.

Example:

upgrades with Primal Nether to:

which upgrades with Nether Vortex (The Eye raid drop) to:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do similiar recipes exist for leatherworking? Then I don't get why it would be unpopular. That's basically my main gripe with blacksmithing in classic, you get a few actually decent upgrades early on, and then you hit level 30 and all you get is junk all the way to 300.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do similiar recipes exist for leatherworking? Then I don't get why it would be unpopular. That's basically my main gripe with blacksmithing in classic, you get a few actually decent upgrades early on, and then you hit level 30 and all you get is junk all the way to 300.

LW makes Belts with the those items. But the drums are just so good...

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be honest, I have no faith in their TBC release. The datamined strings, the store mount, and now the community raised the leatherworking drum issue and Blizzard didn't even acknowledge the underlying problem with drums: forcing your raid to be all leatherworkers with drum rotations.

Now we are going to have another set of "fond memories" of drum rotations:

Drums will not be mandatory, they will be a crutch. Players know enough now to be able to get through raids just fine, as we saw in Vanilla Classic.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Adding a cash shop to TBC. These hacks truly are the bottom of the barrel. Was half tempted to jump back in and feck around during the first few months of TBC, but nah.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Drums will not be mandatory, they will be a crutch. Players know enough now to be able to get through raids just fine, as we saw in Vanilla Classic.
And as we saw in Classic, every stupid thing like world buffs will become the meta and mandatory.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
And as we saw in Classic, every stupid thing like world buffs will become the meta and mandatory.
Shaman stacking and bloodlust/heroism rotations were a thing even back then.

I for one, welche the new meta as an upcoming alliance draenai shaman. One heroism 50g, touching my tail 100g. For you it's only 200g.

draenei.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
To be honest, I have no faith in their TBC release. The datamined strings, the store mount, and now the community raised the leatherworking drum issue and Blizzard didn't even acknowledge the underlying problem with drums: forcing your raid to be all leatherworkers with drum rotations.

Now we are going to have another set of "fond memories" of drum rotations:
Was everyone having drums an absolute requirement to complete the content due to content design or is it just autistic retards being autistic retards trying to go from 1000 dps to 1010 dps?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was everyone having drums an absolute requirement to complete the content due to content design or is it just autistic retards being autistic retards trying to go from 1000 dps to 1010 dps?

The latter. It wasn't needed and wasn't even used at the start and people did just fine.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember a single hard DPS check in BC until you hit M'uru, at which point lol just about everything you can throw at the fight is required.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
All the autism is dialed up to 11 for the "classic" servers.

World buffs / DM Tribute runs were something you coordinated for like guild first/second kills of major roadblocks but weren't something expected on a regular basis. The closest thing I remember to meta min/maxing were a lot of people re-rolling JC to take advantage of the BoP gems. Guilds were beating this shit with pretty much 0 experience across the raid which is a far more valuable commodity than any sort of buff you are going to get, all of this is going to be a joke.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the autism is dialed up to 11 for the "classic" servers.

World buffs / DM Tribute runs were something you coordinated for like guild first/second kills of major roadblocks but weren't something expected on a regular basis. The closest thing I remember to meta min/maxing were a lot of people re-rolling JC to take advantage of the BoP gems. Guilds were beating this shit with pretty much 0 experience across the raid which is a far more valuable commodity than any sort of buff you are going to get, all of this is going to be a joke.

I'm pretty sure this level of "dedication" is the reason so many guilds can be successful in Naxx.

I seriously doubt the shit guild I ended up raiding with would have gotten past Patchwerk if it weren't for ten dedicated DPS wbuffing for every single raid.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
No, because drums were shit before 2.3/Zul'Aman hit. They had a cast time and did only some haste with a small radius, so no one bothered. Then they upgraded them. Look at the patch notes:
  • Greatly increased the radius of the [Drums of Battle], [Drums of Restoration], [Drums of Speed], and [Drums of War].
  • Increased the range at which you can gain leatherworking skill from crafting drums.
  • Removed the casting time from the Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration, Drums of Speed, and Drums of War.
  • Slightly increased the radius of [Drums of Panic].
  • Reduced the casting time of Drums of Panic and added a global cooldown equal to the casting time.
  • Reduced the faction required to obtain Drums of Battle and Drums of Panic.
  • Drums of Speed and Drums of Restoration are no longer world drop recipes, and can now be obtained from the Mag'har and Kurenai faction vendors with revered standing.
  • Drums can now be used while shapeshifted.
That is the reason why Blizzard is planning to bring two different items to the game, pre-2.3 drums and 2.3 drums with a new recipe. They don't want to change item stats once the game goes to the phase Zul'Aman is released.

That would probably require a patch with a real downtime and a server restart, and Blizzard is keen nowadays on keeping the service up and unlocking/spawning things on specific dates with soft unlocks in the client.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Blizzard is keen nowadays on keeping the service up and unlocking/spawning things on specific dates with soft unlocks in the client.
They take the service offline literally every week even though they don't have to 90% of the time.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They take the service offline literally every week even though they don't have to 90% of the time.
Yeah, that is where the required patches are applied. But when was the last time they took it offline for an expansion or patch launch? It's "you don't need to log out, it just activates at midnight" nowadays.