World of Warcraft: Classic

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
1616625269001.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought they already said they bringing the early LFG system into classic tbc? Wasn’t it from Lich King?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
If they aren't careful these "some changes" turning into LFR bullshit is just going to drive out the people who wanted classic in the first place. If we're going paid store mounts, LFR and other retail shit I will probably call it quits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I see Blizzard popup for email, just see the "You Did It Cynical..."

Fuck your fucking monkey and I hope the sloth dies of cancer.

I mean, yeah anyone doing beta yet?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Nah there was a lot of TBC raid content available at launch. But very few people finished their attunements or had much luck against Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK at first since stuff was over tuned or straight up broken.

Yeah it's weird. Off memory I woulda sworn SSC was added in shortly after release and TK some time later but actual documentation would say otherwise. My guild had only getting about halfway through SSC by month 2 of TBC and this was a Naxx clearing guild so I guess we cut the wrong 15? We got stuck at Fathom-Lord Karathress for awhile from tanks just falling over to his adds.

Hope ya'll are ready for all the Holly Longdale changes to encourage you to give Blizzard more money for convenience items.

SSC/TK were in at launch for sure, but almost no one saw them because the attunements were no joke. Grull/Kara/Mag and all the heroic runs required as well. I remember the timed Shattered Halls heroic run being a big cockblock because you couldn't really carry anyone through it. It took a while for everyone to get 25 people through all the attunements.

Remember this?

wPXVzBW.jpg

This time around, I'm sure that most good guilds are gonna blow through all that shit in a week or two. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if SSC/TK is timegated to "Phase 2" or whatever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
SSC/TK were in at launch for sure, but almost no one saw them because the attunements were no joke. Grull/Kara/Mag and all the heroic runs required as well. I remember the timed Shattered Halls heroic run being a big cockblock because you couldn't really carry anyone through it. It took a while for everyone to get 25 people through all the attunements.

Remember this?

wPXVzBW.jpg

This time around, I'm sure that most good guilds are gonna blow through all that shit in a week or two. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if SSC/TK is timegated to "Phase 2" or whatever.
Ah yeah this takes me back. I honestly never hated the Classic and TBC attunements. The progression felt good when you succeeded.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think I would rather have attunements over actual time gating. In a way its one and the same, but at least then I could go at whatever pace I desire.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That chart should include which one of these can be done before level 70.
You can start the Karazhan attunement quest at 68, but only druids can finish it at 69 (minimum level for the follow-up quest) due to flying, as you need Botanica+Mechanar for the Arcatraz key, which in turn is needed in the second part of the attunement.

Warlocks couldn't summon in Netherstorm at the beginning, and also not into instances. Restrictions were later lifted with patch 2.4 or so, but I don't think they'll lift that at the start.

Heroic keys are rep-locked and can be worked on from 58 with instances + quests, so start there early.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Why couldn't they summon in Netherstorm?
I don't know, as I didn't play a warlock back then, but was friends with some.

You can read about it on the old wowhead comments:
16385 on 2007/01/28 (Patch 2.0.6)
Can't use this spell in Netherstorm for some reason.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's because the summoning portal pulls people through the Nether. And there's a storm in this Nether.

Obviously.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just always figured it was a a cheezy way of denying people access to flight required instance.

• 2Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
You can summon directly into instances on the beta but probably not the TK instances. We are also going to have the original Kara entry requirements rather than 1 person being able to open the gate and anyone zoning in, so every character you want to be Kara attuned will need flying.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
To be honest, I have no faith in their TBC release. The datamined strings, the store mount, and now the community raised the leatherworking drum issue and Blizzard didn't even acknowledge the underlying problem with drums: forcing your raid to be all leatherworkers with drum rotations.

Now we are going to have another set of "fond memories" of drum rotations:
Leatherworking drums have been a hot topic since we first started working on Burning Crusade, since they would make Leatherworking feel mandatory.

In the first few patches of original Burning Crusade, the drums had a cast time and smaller radius, which limited their effective use. Leatherworking was an unattractive profession at the time, so the drums were improved in patch 2.3. That led to the fond memories we all have of drum rotations as one of the added layers of teamwork in later Burning Crusade encounters.

Right now in the Burning Crusade Beta, all Leatherworking drums now have an Uncommon and Rare (i.e., “Greater”) version. Our current thinking is that the greater versions will be acquired via recipe drops from Zul’Aman.

While it’s true that we’re generally planning to implement items (and spells and maps and everything else) in their patch 2.4.3 state, this one stood out as something we should make an exception for. By default, we don’t want to change the behavior of items from patch to patch, so we think the right thing to do is to introduce the greater drums as a new item, so that the behavior of the original items doesn’t have to change.

• 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should have made those professions like that attractive by providing good high end recipes to build armor with and also constantly expand as the expanion grows instead of creating power consumables like that. Instead, you get to craft greens that are already ten levels below your level when you can finally obtain the materials to make these items.

• 1Worf