World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would it be far fetched to think he was instrumental in bringing classic to life, felt entitled to some monetary gains after its success and blizzard told him fuck you and thank you in the same sentence?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Kotick isn't going to reach his 250M bonus goal this year by profit sharing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
and blizzard told him fuck you and thank you in the same sentence?
Doesn't even have to be a money thing. He proved that Classic could be done realistically, and then had to watch Blizzard swoop in after the success of Classic (accounting for half the subs at some point during BfA) with someone from SOE to nickel-and-dime the relaunch of TBC.

Maybe someone called and asked "Are you still happy? Do you still feel valued?"

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Seeing some of the dumb fuck additions recently, the Chrono boost idiocy for classic world buffs, the retarded drum bullshit, classic era boosts, 6 month store mount for TBC, $39.99 to keep a character copy on classic they really really wanna kill the golden goose which is classic. I wouldn't be shocked if they fucked Omar over and he left. The company is truly led by retards. Add that on top of the fuckery of the wow token game time purchases.

Even though Classic brings in the subs Blizzard is too stupid, greedy, and arrogant to forgo this quarters earning for long term renewing sub revenue. I also feel Ion and the other retail Devs feel slighted more people want to play a 15 year old version of the original game instead of the dogshit systematic failure that is retail. That has a sting when you are trying to justify your job in a board meeting. We can re-release old content and make more money then spending all this time, assets, and money on this dogshit you failures made.

Once Classic was outperforming Systemlands I am sure a couple of people asked Ion.

whaddayado.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Classic was always going to be a limited draw in terms of time. You’re going to hit WOTLK and then interest will crater beyond die hards that want to exist in an unchanging bubble that ends at Vanilla, TBC, or WOTLK

Them monetizing the fuck out of it is them knowing this gravy train will end soon and they’re going to milk the nostalgia junkies for every last dime

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Classic was always going to be a limited draw in terms of time. You’re going to hit WOTLK and then interest will crater beyond die hards that want to exist in an unchanging bubble that ends at Vanilla, TBC, or WOTLK

Them monetizing the fuck out of it is them knowing this gravy train will end soon and they’re going to milk the nostalgia junkies for every last dime

That is 6 years of free cash from Classic-WoTLK where they have to do nothing other than not micro-transaction fuck the playerbase and they still couldn't keep themselves from it. If they can't come up with something new in 6 years then deserve to die a company.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That is 6 years of free cash from Classic-WoTLK where they have to do nothing other than not micro-transaction fuck the playerbase and they still couldn't keep themselves from it. If they can't come up with something new in 6 years then deserve to die a company.
Just shows how insanely inept the management at Blizzard is.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They could've easily added more servers with different rulesets and made even more money.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Corporations are money hungry? :)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
HOW LONG CAN A 17 YEAR OLD CHICKEN KEEP LAYING EGGS?

The idea that WoW can be perpetually innovative and interesting and yet also stay exactly the same is the craziest fucking thing I've ever heard.

• 1Imbecile

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
HOW LONG CAN A 17 YEAR OLD CHICKEN KEEP LAYING EGGS?

The idea that WoW can be perpetually innovative and interesting and yet also stay exactly the same is the craziest fucking thing I've ever heard.
Dont need to be innovative, just fun. The fact their business strategy is nothing more than expansions packs on a 2 year cycle that completely invalidate the previous expansion is pretty idiotic.

Why arent there themed servers? First to 60? Last man standing? First to clear all content? etc.

Why dont they release smaller LDoN style expansions that are just a handful of zones/instances? You could use it to explore the more interesting or memorable aspects of WoW without having to dump an expansions worth of resources into.

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why arent there themed servers? First to 60? Last man standing? First to clear all content? etc.
Because then what happens when someone meets the objective? The server just shuts down, rolls credits?

• 1Moron

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Because then what happens when someone meets the objective? The server just shuts down, rolls credits?
You do it again or you alter the rules and try something different. It works pretty damn well in FPSs, BRs and MOBAs.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not against Blizzard squeezing some extra cash but It's a lot of monetization to have on the first generations of these servers. Possible six month sub mount plus paying to make a char perma classic plus a 39.95 boost? How about a little foreplay first, fuck. Throw that shit all in later on future servers after everyone's had a chance at clean launches.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
It would surprise me if the boost is only 39.95 considering what it costs in retail ($60) and the time savings there compared to Classic but we'll see. The character copy will almost certainly be cheaper than $40 since there's no way their survey showed that as the most profitable price point.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It would surprise me if the boost is only 39.95 considering what it costs in retail ($60) and the time savings there compared to Classic but we'll see. The character copy will almost certainly be cheaper than $40 since there's no way their survey showed that as the most profitable price point.

The idea it costs anything is insulting, right now on the beta I can character copy 100 characters right fucking now, it's something that is automated and takes no effort from Blizzard. The monthly fee more than justifies any "data storage" concerns some retarded faggot neckbeard is gonna reply with.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I expect they could get 9 years out of classic WoW to WOTLK. Every 3 years is a server reset and every year is an expac. You can get 6 years out of this easy. Then the last 3 years is either another reset or specialty servers lf some kind.