World of Warcraft: Classic

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Did 9/10 Kara, Netherspite got us a couple times and it was late. Kara really brought back the memories. Looking forward to it next week.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Enchanting + auctioneer = easy money. Constantly buying up low buyout greens and blues just to disenchant and sell the mats for 2-5x what I paid for. Also people love to list runecloth for below vendor value.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Level 30 on my mage now. I find it truly interesting how much Blizzard sacrificed in the name of player convenience. Allowing most people to go through an entire MMO without actually needing to turn to other players for any reason unless for dungeons or raids.

Oh and quest chains being a thing and existing in most zones. Bliz even phones it in on that these days and barely bothers with them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Level 30 on my mage now. I find it truly interesting how much Blizzard sacrificed in the name of player convenience. Allowing most people to go through an entire MMO without actually needing to turn to other players for any reason unless for dungeons or raids.

Oh and quest chains being a thing and existing in most zones. Bliz even phones it in on that these days and barely bothers with them.

TBC / Pre patch also got rid of most of the leveling zone elites. I had fun for hours in a group trying to do those shitty Hinterlands elite quests. Took forever for all 5 of us to get those cauldons lol. That's all soloable now.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Leon

<Silver Donator>
TBC / Pre patch also got rid of most of the leveling zone elites. I had fun for hours in a group trying to do those shitty Hinterlands elite quests. Took forever for all 5 of us to get those cauldons lol. That's all soloable now.

Ya i had a great time back in the day fucking around soloing these on a hunter. Good times.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ya i had a great time back in the day fucking around soloing these on a hunter. Good times.

It was always so much fun to challenge yourself and try to solo them on various classes. Hunter just rocked them hard and could grind them. Sucks they removed a lot of those. I always felt like most zones had a version of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hunters are so good while levelling that anything else (particularly untwinked melee) feels like a chore in comparison. Run speed buff early on, huge dps, track, feign death, pet eats all the annoying knockdowns etc that mobs do, can easily kill elites solo if you have to. They're even better in TBC now that you can place traps while in combat.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It was always so much fun to challenge yourself and try to solo them on various classes. Hunter just rocked them hard and could grind them. Sucks they removed a lot of those. I always felt like most zones had a version of them.

I didn't know they nerfed them in classic zones, but they're definitely a thing in the TBC zones. There's a handful of elite quests in each TBC zone that you're not soloing unless you're leveling in Naxx gear or are a pet class like Hunter.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Truth. My hunter was probably 50/50 Naxx/BWL gear and I was able to solo every elite quest up until about level 67. So many people are leveling now it’s easy to get a group to do them though.

• 1Truth!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man Stormwind is a really faggoty city to be a newb in. Running around that shithole is a pain in the ass compared to Orgrimmar or Undercity.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm, lets fill a city with obstacles like Canals and make everything super spread out to the point of supreme annoyance. If you have to go through all Trade, Mage, Old City, Tinker Town, and Cathedral that alone is like a 20-minute run. At least Orgrimmar keeps most of the professions trainers on that one street and you almost never needed to go to Valley of Honor for usual stuff. Ironforge is better but everyone seems to hangout in Stormwind over it. I don't get it.

I did always like the tram though.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always wished they did more with the Tram. Felt so "neat" back when it was useful.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always wished they did more with the Tram. Felt so "neat" back when it was useful.
My mage is level 32 now and I've been dicking around on a Dreanai paladin. Two classes that I've never played much. The lowbie experience on the Draenai was so good by comparison to the much less streamlined running around of the human mage.

It's actually really interesting playing after all these years and noticing all the shit you never did way back when.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hmmm, lets fill a city with obstacles like Canals and make everything super spread out to the point of supreme annoyance. If you have to go through all Trade, Mage, Old City, Tinker Town, and Cathedral that alone is like a 20-minute run. At least Orgrimmar keeps most of the professions trainers on that one street and you almost never needed to go to Valley of Honor for usual stuff. Ironforge is better but everyone seems to hangout in Stormwind over it. I don't get it.

We did hang out in Ironforge in vanilla because of the boat to Kalimdor being there (kinda) and proximity to MC/BWL.

Stormwind started to take over in TBC because the portal to Outland was closer to it, then it got the Northrend Boat in WotLK and boats every expansion onwards.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Ironforge was always the better city. It was designed to handle a huge crowd of players.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users