World of Warcraft: Classic

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
After doing a WoW classic server once, I really do have any desire to do it again. What would even be the point of a new one when you have classic locked servers.
This is a fundamental problem with WoW "TLP"s as opposed to Runescape and EQ. Runescape and EQ are almost endless, whereas WoW, even back then, was still very limited. Holly knows this, which is probably why these polls are starting. I won't be surprised if they start developing "new" classic WoW content for a future server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If there is an expectation that I am to play on more of these servers in some sort of seasonal capacity than some of the numbers really need to change. I haven't regretted my time in WoW Classic or TBC and I have a lot left to do but given how long it takes to level, get keys/flags, get geared up etc. it would take some pretty substantial changes to get me to sign up fresh on a new set of servers. It's not like EQ where after a Wed launch I'm raiding by the weekend decking out my toon from big splits for more loot than ever would have been possible in era and then setting up an alt crew.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is a fundamental problem with WoW "TLP"s as opposed to Runescape and EQ. Runescape and EQ are almost endless, whereas WoW, even back then, was still very limited. Holly knows this, which is probably why these polls are starting. I won't be surprised if they start developing "new" classic WoW content for a future server.
Developing new dungeons and raids for TBC or Classic would be awesome actually.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Something like the Firona Vie server from EQ would be cool. All loot tradable.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bliz is way too pussy to do that. BoE everything is a fundamental design point they've had since the very beginning. They'll spend fucking years discussing how "disruptive" it would be before they even consider it.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
There are 90m queues for BGs right now, they could fix it by porting Mercenary mode to classic. Blizzard isn't doing shit to fix anything. WYSIWYG

• 3Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’d play if the original devs were still there to reap the money. This still feels like Activision dancing on wow’s corpse. Fucking it one more time to see it will spit out a nickel. Wrath servers will be the test of my will. TBC is glorious as well…

really, I did both to death on live so not sure what I’d gain from it.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes it would have been, but I think it's too late.

The core issue with the decline of WoW is each expansion invalidating the last.

You can't add new lv60 Classic content when the community has already been split into Classic/BC servers. Lv70s don't need to do lv60 content, will people leave their lv70s for a new lv60 dungeon/raid potentially needing to level a new character or pay for cloning?

You can't add new lv70 Burning Crusade content when Wrath will eventually be released and invalidate it, they going to delay the Wrath payday to insert a 6-12 month new raid tier?

What they should have done is kept everyone in Classic without community splitting and built from there.

They are going to end up with the community split between Retail, Classic, Burning Crusade and Wrath which will cause population problems. On top of that, they want Classic+ servers with new content and cash shop shit?

Meanwhile FF14 just scales you to the level of the content you are doing and keeps it all relevent with rewards for doing old expansion stuff. Nice, simple, non complicated solution that doesn't split the community.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't think I'd give a fuck about content scaling for lower level shit. That shit is played out, and tbh sucks more than it doesn't. You'd need to fucking pay attention and even get help when doing the only thing that people in wow go back to older zones for: Farming mounts and transmogs. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

By contrast in EQ there are lots of reason to visit older zones: plat farming, or quests, or clicky farming, epics, mats farming, POWER LEVELING etc, there's a lot of reasons to do lower level stuff and these zones get visited quite a bit. The total opposite of the WOW mentality.

WoW never got that right. Not only do they make previous zones irrelevant, they do it WITHIN the same expansion. Once content releases the previous tiers mean jack and shit. The only reason to go back is chievos and mounts, and that's played out fast then never again.

WoW's way of consuming content and invalidating everything prior makes

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is Blizzard, despite their flaws they still take fucking forever to do anything. The surveys going out now about potential new rulesets that people would be interested in, I bet those don't start for about 5 years. Which gives them another 2 years of BC, then 2-3 years of WOTLK, then they can start rolling those new servers out.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not surprised they might do this ever since they hired Holly Longdale. No world buffs and harder raids sounds great but I think they have to make class/spec changes or people will stack warriors even w/o world buffs.

1026942.png
Well a lot makes sense. I wanted the vanilla experience more than vanilla. Some of these changes could help that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should have added:

Faction-based queues to promote faction balance.
Smaller battlegroups. Like 3 central servers, 3 west coast, 3 east coast, done.
Class/spec balance/QOL pass to bring things closer to TBC balance/playability.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
After doing a WoW classic server once, I really do have any desire to do it again. What would even be the point of a new one when you have classic locked servers.

This is how I feel about it, I got to relive Vanilla for 2 years. Why the fuck would I want to do it again now? Blizzard finger is so off the fucking pulse of what players are interested in. They would be better off just continuing the milk free money through WoTLK and hope to hell they don't fuck up the free 6 year cycle of a money train that shits out wads of cash and props up their failure that is retail.

If they can't come up with something worth a shit by then then Bobby should just shut the fucking thing down and fire everyone who works inside of Blizzard and focus on Candy Crush and Call of Duty clones because these fucking clowns could fuck up a wet dream.

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'd play if they'd just balance the game.

Balance is for pussies and queers. The current game is hyper-balanced around every goddamn thing and it sucks shit through a straw because of it. In a MMORPG community driven game characters need strengths and weaknesses instead of being able to do everything.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also I don't know how many times this has to be said but anyone who thinks even for a moment that somehow they are going to develop new raids, dungeons, content for anything other than a new Retail expansion is either high on hopium or retarded as fuck. New content for classic you would be better off holding your breath for Pantheon Rise of the Fallen to come out of pre-Alpha 6

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They certainly aren't going to develop any new content, but you can bet your ass with them hiring Holly and their recent poll that they are going to release new "fresh" classic servers in the future.They will be chock full of $$ shortcuts like bags, level boots, epic mount boosts and so on. Barf.

What remains to be seen is if they ever find a way to address faction imbalance. Because otherwise 90% of the servers are going to be Horde heavy with a few Alliance heavy servers and one or two fairly balanced servers like Whitemane.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know. Life situation when classic launched was such that I didn’t have time. I’d consider playing the Classic-Wotlk cycle every few years tbh. Just set this shit up to rotate or something. Or shut servers down after Wotlk and migrate those characters. Then start over. Treat it like an ARPG league. You’re not getting 2 years out of Wrath. Probably not out of TBC either.

Again, assuming I’d deign to give these fucks money.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Bliz is way too pussy to do that. BoE everything is a fundamental design point they've had since the very beginning. They'll spend fucking years discussing how "disruptive" it would be before they even consider it.
You're right that they are a bunch of pussies. God I hate blizzard developers. Maybe Holly will be able to convince them though, as she still has the "small guy company" attitude to risk something unique and big. Just remember...you think you do, but you don't. They still fundamentally think that way. The sheer arrogance and stubbornness is mind blowing.