World of Warcraft: Classic

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The dungeon .5 stuff is suppossedly good until AQ. The energy bonus is actually worth a lot of dps.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
For rogues with BG’s in, you can get the AV rep dagger as well from the jump for good PvP ganking.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
At first I thought this hardcore thing could be sort of cool, but wow the rules are fucking retarded lol. It's not just don't die. It's you can't group unless doing an instance. You can only do the instance once, can't use AH, etc.

The funny thing to me is who do all these rules benefit? The content creators. You can't group unless in a formal duo/trio. Meaning you can only play when your partners are on. Well that forces solo play on everyone excluding no lifers/content creators. You can't use the AH... Gee when I was a no lifer back in original WoW and in the top 10 first 60's did I use the AH? Nope! I mean literally every rule excluding the single dungeon run is basically negligible for streamers, but annoying as fuck for other players.

I will be absolutely shocked if they actually kill Ragnaros with this ruleset. I mean if their MT dies they need to then re-gear another, but it can't just be a 60 warrior who hasn't died (hard enough) it has to be someone who recorded their run to 60 and followed all these dumb ass rules...... Mind you the raids are much harder now too, so I'm going to call a major wipe right now and basically the end of this event because nobody is going to level to 60 twice to re-gear and try Ragnaros again...

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I'm giving this another shot after being bored most of the day and having nothing else to do...

Decided to leave the server and go to Shadowstrike (pve) due to Full population and switched classes to a Warrior instead since I wasn't really feeling the lock and there seems to be a massive tank shortage on all servers for whatever reason.
1637295764956.png

1637295195961.png

Still same issues I have with the game before so it probably wont last but like i said... nothing else to really play right now.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1637301246091.png

I was expecting people to queue up for BGs early to get some ranks right away but that does not seem to be the case.

edit -

1637302955742.png

Damn it people queue up

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tried for White Boy Summer, but got Right Wing Death Squad on Horde (feels dirty to play Horde), on Barman. Have had multiple people message us, "Based, fucking invite me". General chat has been amazing amount of "revoke the 19th amendment", "Who owns the media? :emoji_nose:Them:emoji_nose:" shit lord extravaganza.

As for the game... I haven't played classic in 15 years - it's been fun, but Jesus the slow run speed and the size of some of these zones suck.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Made 3 characters. Primarily playing Dishwasher my hunter.

Also made a rogue named Graped.
Made a warrior named HeelsUpHaris.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did they fuck with grouped exp? I mean like near the same level exp? My 9 priest grouped with a 12 mage killing quest mobs and we both noticed less exp than just soloing the shit even though we were grinding through the mobs.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did they fuck with grouped exp? I mean like near the same level exp? My 9 priest grouped with a 12 mage killing quest mobs and we both noticed less exp than just soloing the shit even though we were grinding through the mobs.

They fucked something up for sure. Each group I've been in today has awarded tiny fractions per kill. I was getting nine exp per kill doing doing some early 20s quests. Whatever they did to nerf boosting is so strict it's fucking everything up.

• 2Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, but only because the games have a lower queue time. Best bet is to get 4 ranks in the 20 brackets this week and then keep doing that every week. Then you’ll be in good shape for rank 14 at leve 60 in a couple weeks

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
This is part of the anti boosting changes. Anything over 3+ levels greatly reduces the xp for lower level characters. I believe if you try to boost via dungeons you will only get 2-3 xp per mob kill.
They fucked something up for sure. Each group I've been in today has awarded tiny fractions per kill. I was getting nine exp per kill doing doing some early 20s quests. Whatever they did to nerf boosting is so strict it's fucking everything up.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is part of the anti boosting changes. Anything over 3+ levels greatly reduces the xp for lower level characters. I believe if you try to boost via dungeons you will only get 2-3 xp per mob kill.

That was my guess but their window is ridiculously narrow. I don't like what it does to normal game play. The group I was in yesterday was doing the Lakeshire elites with levels from 23 to 29 and it was 9 exp per kill. They tacked on some extra bonus exp on top of the server bonus exp for dungeon quests and elite quests but that's a concession the system is ass.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If they were smart the window would have been a sliding scale that narrowed as you got to 60. Then this idiocy wouldn't be an issue.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not 100% but I think there was a group exp nerf across the board. larger of course if there is a wide level difference but nerf none the less.

If you kill something solo that gives say 100 exp, grouped with 1 other person I thought you got around 55-60. not quite half due to the grouping bonus. but i'm getting 40 per? weird. both characters identical level. I didn't start to pay attention to this until I finished all the westfall quests at 14 and had to go to loch modan since I was too low for even DM much less red ridge. Didn't realize it was an issue until I learned everyone else is like 17-18 when they finished westfall. 40% quest experience bonus is nice and all but you still gain most of your experience from killing mobs and i'm losing out more than half of that experience by grouping.

See at first I was like "never played alliance, never played a paladin, lets give it a shot" and then 10 minutes later it was "man paladins are boring af to level. hey I got 2 accounts, guess i'll dual box war+pal, warriors are fun to play, only downside is leveling due to all the downtime. pocket healer would fix that" and I spent a few nights dual boxing only to get to lvl 16 on both, and realized something was wrong with group exp.

So I said fuck it, never done hunter either, i'll be a meme and night elf hunter it is. and in the same amount of time it took to get a war+pal to 16 my hunter is now 26 normal leveling. plus I can watch netflix on 2nd monitor and not have to pay attention.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm not 100% but I think there was a group exp nerf across the board. larger of course if there is a wide level difference but nerf none the less.

If you kill something solo that gives say 100 exp, grouped with 1 other person I thought you got around 55-60. not quite half due to the grouping bonus. but i'm getting 40 per? weird. both characters identical level. I didn't start to pay attention to this until I finished all the westfall quests at 14 and had to go to loch modan since I was too low for even DM much less red ridge. Didn't realize it was an issue until I learned everyone else is like 17-18 when they finished westfall. 40% quest experience bonus is nice and all but you still gain most of your experience from killing mobs and i'm losing out more than half of that experience by grouping.

Not to mention 99% of the quests are not group friendly, especially later on. Need to find 12 bear asses that drop 10% of the time? Welp, now that you're duoing or 2 boxing, it will take you twice as long. Actually penalized grouping.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shelved my Priest and rolled a mage. Took me 3 hours to surpass the Priest's level 10. Odds are better than 50/50 I cancel before my monthly sub renews.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I'm giving this another shot after being bored most of the day and having nothing else to do...

Decided to leave the server and go to Shadowstrike (pve) due to Full population and switched classes to a Warrior instead since I wasn't really feeling the lock and there seems to be a massive tank shortage on all servers for whatever reason.
View attachment 383217

View attachment 383215

Still same issues I have with the game before so it probably wont last but like i said... nothing else to really play right now.
and after all that, you rolled alliance.