World of Warcraft: Classic

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's technically faster but i wouldn't say it's crazy fast. Deadmines run with all relevant quests gave me lvl 19-20.

It basically removed that spot you find yourself in when you run out of quests in an area and have to grind a bit, that's gone. You flow through the quests and end up in the next zone.

Server seems low for population on day 2 in the westfall area.

Might just be me outleveling people with jobs but i expected more. We'll see how prime time feels.

1637197060167.png

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Off to a good start, I am surprised that didn't get you a 24 hour suspension....good shit!

I broke down and rolled a rogue, not sure how serious I am going to take things. Might primarily pvp and rank up...if its really that much faster.

Yeah me too lol, that wasn't the only thing.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Made the trip from Elf lands to Stormwind. I cant handle just running up and down trees all day to do turnins. Also, fuck killing animals. I want peoples for the cloth. Also, holy fuck I had totally forgotten about the deeprun tram. I made it to IF and im like, fuck i still got a long way to run. Looked at a map and i see deeprun tram. WTF is this? Oh, yeah... win. Got almost half of level 9 just making the run to IF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1637206028308.png

Duskwood killed me. I expected faster leveling but its just still so god damn slow and recently coming from Mischief TLP, not enough changes to really get excited about. Sorry fam.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'd be way more excited about a new private server start than this crapshoot. They'd handle the game better than Blizz at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's something cozy about WoW's core gameplay and I don't regret derping around for a bit in between other things but I think they're going to have to do some big shit if they try another Season of Mastery. This basic coat of paint is not going to cut it a second time.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
There's something cozy about WoW's core gameplay and I don't regret derping around for a bit in between other things but I think they're going to have to do some big shit if they try another Season of Mastery. This basic coat of paint is not going to cut it a second time.
fluffy bunny mount incoming!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they really need to go nuts. A real hardcore server where your character stays dead but has 100x leveling speed, TBC talents in WoW classic, TBC/Wrath enabled Classic with all items tradeable, massive amount of new items, etc. Ideally they will do all kinds of crazy shit and have a season every six months or something.

While I can always enjoy the ambiance of Wow classic and dick around for a bit I don't see the appeal of basically much harder raids with a somewhat easier PvP grind. The PVP grind will still suck albeit for a shorter time, and I don't think anyone was going man I love WoW classic I just want molten core and shit to be harder....

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Haven't played a rogue in classic before, but looking at going daggers 21/8/22 w/ CB & Prep.

Will I have a more enjoyable experience in battlegrounds with an ambush/backstab spec or should I go for heavy weapon/Hemorrhage instead? Was previously going to spec for WPVP but will be spending most of my time in BGs grinding for gear.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
PVE server was a mistake, over half the server is doing some gay Hardcore mode and Soul of Iron shit so you cant interact with half the people on your faction lmao

They should have made an actual hardcore server that deletes your char on death

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I gave this a go on Obsidian Edge? Horde and ya totally a ghost town already. Barrens was empty and i did a few quests and saw no one. Went to Org? I saw 8 people total.

Made a alliance Druid on Barman. Whoever Russian or Trollslayer is? Ya you were killing it last night.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Told you guys Season of dipshits wasn't going to work. If you missed the 2 years of classic 2.0 then oh well nobody gonna give a fuck about classic 3

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Told you guys Season of dipshits wasn't going to work. If you missed the 2 years of classic 2.0 then oh well nobody gonna give a fuck about classic 3
They didnt fail anything. Obsidian Edge is dumb ass server where the idiots who want "hardcore" mode went. So of course its a ghost town. All the other servers are at high or full.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played a rogue in classic before, but looking at going daggers 21/8/22 w/ CB & Prep.

Will I have a more enjoyable experience in battlegrounds with an ambush/backstab spec or should I go for heavy weapon/Hemorrhage instead? Was previously going to spec for WPVP but will be spending most of my time in BGs grinding for gear.

I did my entire pvp grinds with Viskag and Brutality Blade and the only time I really wish I had daggers was for city ganking when I would camp Ironforge.

They are both equally good with minor trade offs especially early on with no one having any HP. Would shelve daggers though until you can get at least CHT or Perds as there aren't ideal options prior to choose, but you have a bunch of preraid/raid options for non dagger.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They didnt fail anything. Obsidian Edge is dumb ass server where the idiots who want "hardcore" mode went. So of course its a ghost town. All the other servers are at high or full.

Barman, Jom, and Nightfall are the best options. - and go alliance.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I did my entire pvp grinds with Viskag and Brutality Blade and the only time I really wish I had daggers was for city ganking when I would camp Ironforge.

They are both equally good with minor trade offs especially early on with no one having any HP. Would shelve daggers though until you can get at least CHT or Perds as there aren't ideal options prior to choose, but you have a bunch of preraid/raid options for non dagger.

Unfortunately won't be counting on raiding as a source for weapons, even if they are superior. With the "harder" content and the requirement for stronger DPS, I won't be too motivated to jump between optimal PVP & PVE specs a bunch.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately won't be counting on raiding as a source for weapons, even if they are superior. With the "harder" content and the requirement for stronger DPS, I won't be too motivated to jump between optimal PVP & PVE specs a bunch.
Eh rogue gear especially with SoM leaves you tons of options to pump.

For raiding Shadowcraft 6 piece is easily T1 equivalent. If you do the Darkmantle quests asap (I read this is available already) you are basically T2.5 geared though I'd probably mix and match 2 piece PVP into it and it was probably my favorite set other than T3 (looks and ballin stat/bonuses) during classic.

Getting a set of Dal'rends (ubrs rend runs) or like Vis'kag (onyxia)/Mirah's (scholo quest chain) early with either of those class sets is going to put you into a position of high dps without needing to raid and if you wanted to raid you aren't far behind someone in bis raid gear.

Hemo can be passable PVE dps but still mediocre compared to combat swords/daggers.

• 2Like