World of Warcraft: Classic

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
If anyone wants to start a char on Grobbulus, now's a good time to start. Prices for goods have skyrocketed. I can throw you a welcome package of a reach around, some gold, and bags if you decide to jump in.

Executive Protection on behalf of my Boomkin is 10/g hour.

I also have a Prot Pal for quick instance runs for quests since boosting is dead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure how accurate these are but god damn what an absolute clusterfuck, Grobbulus actually looks like the only legit server population there is.

1660283125181.png

SOM just looks depressing.

1660283351840.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not sure how accurate these are but god damn what an absolute clusterfuck, Grobbulus actually looks like the only legit server population there is.

View attachment 427672

SOM just looks depressing.

View attachment 427673

It's kind of funny because Whitemane was a balanced population throughout all of classic vanilla, but as usual Blizzard are such faggot dick sucksrs that once they start the server transfer money spigot they fucked all realms in the asshole. They should just remove PvP servers altogether since it seems nobody wants to be on them by the obvious fucking imbalances that each server ended up with.

The excitement some of you guys have for Wrath does make it tempting to play, but honestly if I were to hop back in for that expansion I would probably want to play on a fresh server with an even start for all at this point. Really though reliving Vanilla was good times but the more this progresses down the same path with no real effort by Bliz the more you see why the company isn't worth giving money to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
the more this progresses down the same path with no real effort by Bliz
Even if Blizzard would put some effort in to improve Classic, would you trust them to make the right decisions? They couldn't even fix population issues on retail, so they just gave up on it.

From what I've heard Turtle WoW is amazing, and outright runs laps around Blizzard.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I think you are jumping to the wrong conclusions here. First of all, you probably have no idea who Indalamar is by calling him a "raider."
This guy just died.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Even if Blizzard would put some effort in to improve Classic, would you trust them to make the right decisions? They couldn't even fix population issues on retail, so they just gave up on it.

From what I've heard Turtle WoW is amazing, and outright runs laps around Blizzard.
I wouldn’t trust them but that’s an argument in favor of not giving them money.

they should atleast try, I would maybe give them money for trying but SOM is a terrible idea and the fact that we get zero dev effort for any real fixes or improvements is shameful.

sad on indalamar. He was an old school pvper and really good guy. I hadn’t played with him since shadowbane but fond memories of those days playing shit games (where atleast the devs tried to do new things)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's kind of funny because Whitemane was a balanced population throughout all of classic vanilla, but as usual Blizzard are such faggot dick sucksrs that once they start the server transfer money spigot they fucked all realms in the asshole. They should just remove PvP servers altogether since it seems nobody wants to be on them by the obvious fucking imbalances that each server ended up with.

The excitement some of you guys have for Wrath does make it tempting to play, but honestly if I were to hop back in for that expansion I would probably want to play on a fresh server with an even start for all at this point. Really though reliving Vanilla was good times but the more this progresses down the same path with no real effort by Bliz the more you see why the company isn't worth giving money to.
Yes I’ve been tempted to start again but fuck pvp servers. Even if I went back to Whitemane with its 99.6% horde pop, fuck pvp.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard fucked Classic from day 1. They opened too many servers that were DOA from the start. Some servers had such low population that they only allowed transfers to certain servers. Some servers only had a high pop of one faction, but you couldnt transfer to that server or off that server. They just handled it extremely poorly.

SOM died in less than a month once people figured out the "improvements" Blizzard made barely did anything and content releases were too fast.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if Blizzard would put some effort in to improve Classic, would you trust them to make the right decisions?
Classic servers would be a thousand times more fun if they had some of the changes that are in retail, but only stuff that legitimately were Quality of Life changes. Every time I play, I find something that is mildly annoying that is handled in retail WoW. Pets, Toys, Mounts etc. being stored in the UI for example. Systems/changes that legitimately have no impact on your play style, social aspect or anything else but make your play time more enjoyable.

Im late to the classic party by a country mile, but even I can point out shit that grinds my fucking gears.. but I know why its there and why its important to keep it that way. People make fun of the "Andy's" that want "no changes" but I have to agree here, I dont trust Blizzard to make the small QOL changes I would want, without them also packing in 500 trillion aid package to Ukraine.. wait, wrong thread.
---------
Random question : Will I be able to make a Death Knight on any server after having a max lvl character on Westfall? Also, why do all of you care about a fresh server? Is it because of gold farmers and the market possibly being fucked? Or?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Classic servers would be a thousand times more fun if they had some of the changes that are in retail, but only stuff that legitimately were Quality of Life changes. Every time I play, I find something that is mildly annoying that is handled in retail WoW. Pets, Toys, Mounts etc. being stored in the UI for example. Systems/changes that legitimately have no impact on your play style, social aspect or anything else but make your play time more enjoyable.

Im late to the classic party by a country mile, but even I can point out shit that grinds my fucking gears.. but I know why its there and why its important to keep it that way. People make fun of the "Andy's" that want "no changes" but I have to agree here, I dont trust Blizzard to make the small QOL changes I would want, without them also packing in 500 trillion aid package to Ukraine.. wait, wrong thread.
---------
Random question : Will I be able to make a Death Knight on any server after having a max lvl character on Westfall? Also, why do all of you care about a fresh server? Is it because of gold farmers and the market possibly being fucked? Or?
Dropping totems one at a time on classic was aids.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dropping totems one at a time on classic was aids.
Yup, going to be switching to DK from shaman. Twisting was 100% aids in raids.
Also, why do all of you care about a fresh server? Is it because of gold farmers and the market possibly being fucked? Or?
Much more open ended economies with no bots and no geared to the max horde of 70s farming everything for the past year. Also with every fresh everyone has to work together more instead of hopping on one of their 8 other 70s to accomplish xyz.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
they should atleast try, I would maybe give them money for trying but SOM is a terrible idea and the fact that we get zero dev effort for any real fixes or improvements is shameful.
Between Classic (totally not engaging with the community on the population problems, rampant botting and "boosting") and the SoM, we also had the "copy your character" and "level 58 boost + store mount" controversy at TBC Classic launch. Which made everyone really mad for a short time, and discouraged me from even playing TBC.

The Classic developers probably brought up great ideas to improve Classic, but management most likely shot all of them down, because they would require investment and dev time. So I blame Blizzard management instead of the developers. Holly was probably brought onboard to make the most revenue out of almost nothing, as she has been doing at SOE.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The Classic developers probably brought up great ideas to improve Classic, but management most likely shot all of them down, because they would require investment and dev time.
Supposedly theyre going that direction with wotlk at least. Naxx is supposed to be harder than what it was originally and theyve said theyre "exploring" keeping heroics and raids;

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The vast vast majority of players do not want harder. That is a change catering to a very niche audience

most of the player base who likes classic likes the easier gameplay classic offers, I would group the changes to make shit harder into the category of why you can’t trust blizzard to make good changes. Retail is hard go play mythic retail if you want that shit.

Holly was always tone deaf to that too. They always wanted to release TLPs that were fast paced and hardcore and they would always get smoked by the ones that made things easier or more accessible.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The vast vast majority of players do not want harder. That is a change catering to a very niche audience
Considering the backlash Blizzard got after increasing Cataclysm heroic difficulty, you are probably right.

There is however a subset of the community that really wants that challenge, and is really vocal about it. Not necessarily because of the challenge, but because they want to be perceived as playing the "harder" version of game. This was an actual thing before Vanilla launched, all this "the game was so much harder back in the day" bullshit - only then to have MC cleared on release week by a ragtag crew in quest greens, some not even level 60.

Which, ironically, led to the Classic community go full autism and challenge themselves by who can clear content faster. Speedrunning by itself seems to attract players who are mentally unstable, but speedrunning an MMO?

Blizzard should've made alternative ruleset servers for Classic and let the players decide.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard today can't think outside of the box and inside that box the game is entirely about raiding. It takes a genuinely different generation of designer to look at classic and go "yea this needs harder raids, that'll make it better" while most of the real audience would have been entirely content with the raids as they were. There's people that enjoy beating their heads against a wall trying to beat challenge modes but many just want to spend their evening relaxing, shooting the shit with their guild while killing some dragons in fights that are moderately challenging at best.

It was also very stupid to announce that SoM characters would not move on to TBC but instead they would be stuck on their SoM realm forever. People need that carrot in the future or it feels like a dead end server which just drives people elsewhere. They eventually walked that back but that was months later and a lot of people had already left by then. If they were smarter, they'd just have done SoM->TBC progression, EQ has shown that you can keep a game running for years just redoing the first few expansions over and over. See what your competitors are doing and copy what works is just basic business sense.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have said this many times over but will say it again. Persistent world MMORPG type games are meant to be a social experience, that is what drives the growth of the game. People coming together and doing X,Y, and Z for fun. There can be a level of challenge to it various aspects of the game and having some limited exclusive rewards for the most challenging is nice, but once you move that needle to the degree in which you have to tell Sandso_01 sorry faggot you blow dick, your class blows dick, or whatever other reason you have in which you need to exclude them from content the social dynamic of the game is fucked.

Imagine a group of friends playing D&D and you have one dude who always rolls 1's and you tell him he has to sit out and can't be a part of the game anymore. That is what turbo tard retard faggots can't grasp in difficultly slider raids.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users