World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd be tempted to do a paladin but i remember that being awful to level even at that point so probably warlock.
Pain in the ass in Classic and TBC. They were still trying to hold true to the vision of your resources like mana etc. being limited. Iirc, WOTLK lets up on that by a large margin and you can go into large packs of mobs and obliterate shit.
I haven't gotten into the rush for either Vanilla or TBC - I feel those are both vastly inferior experiences to Wrath so I didn't jump back in (did both on live, endgame raiding, yada yada).

Definitely doing the fresh start thing - Wrath is my favorite WoW expansion by quite a bit and I am way more interested in it than I am the actual new expansion.
Right there with you. I just had no interest in doing Classic/TBC.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im gona roll up a Pally , but like every time I try to get into raiding its gona be a struggle to find a guild that is competent and raids on my times Fri/sat nights

Growing up and working real adult hours sucks , dont do it
Playing horde with a few peeps lookign for an adult guild, do not want to roll with any pronoun people.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing horde with a few peeps lookign for an adult guild, do not want to roll with any pronoun people.

Lol pronoun people!

I've run into a few of those recently and can understand completely.

Maybe an <ultra maga> guild is in order?

Probably would get banned in less than 24 hours on blizz servers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Lol pronoun people!

There's a Fox News guild going on Grobbulus - Alliance side.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol pronoun people!

Nah not a trump fan either, just kind of in limbo at this point. Its a weird place for me, hate what the left is and hate the crazy righties that think Trump actually did something for them. Whats even more messed up is that Trump with his do nothing policy looks good at this point when compared to Bidens teleprompter.

• 3Moron
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lol pronoun people!

<Ultra Naga>

Bro you even trying?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

PVP servers arent really PVP servers. Many of them are 100% one sided so they are defacto PVE.
Not that world PVP is worth af in WOTLK (much less any other expansion). The amount of BS you can do just around the Sons of Hodir dailies alone is enough to drive a PVPer onto a care bear server. Typical rogue fuckery around the entire area. Any ranged can tag you from the cliffs while doing the dragon riding daily. The shitty ass phasing letting people escape or just toy with your ass, easily. Probably some other shit Im not remembering. Its just rarely even remotely a fair pvp fight and I just dont think the raid ambushes are worth all that horse shit.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Not that world PVP is worth af in WOTLK (much less any other expansion). The amount of BS you can do just around the Sons of Hodir dailies alone is enough to drive a PVPer onto a care bear server. Typical rogue fuckery around the entire area. Any ranged can tag you from the cliffs while doing the dragon riding daily. The shitty ass phasing letting people escape or just toy with your ass, easily. Probably some other shit Im not remembering. Its just rarely even remotely a fair pvp fight and I just dont think the raid ambushes are worth all that horse shit.

That's the attraction of World PVP. It's just pure chaos, nothing fair about it. Which is great :)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, but the playerbase has proven they will skew servers to 99/1 to avoid it. PvP anymore only appeals to people who want to chimp out on other people's experiences.

Daidraco

That's the attraction of World PVP. It's just pure chaos, nothing fair about it. Which is great :)
If being a dick to someone trying to do a daily that legit cannot fight back (Dragon flying daily, abusing phasing shifts), that is your prerogative. I think it's degenerate small dick energy, though. Reminds me of people that hate Warmode because it keeps them from bodying a 10 year old kid that can barely play the game.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
If being a dick to someone trying to do a daily that legit cannot fight back (Dragon flying daily, abusing phasing shifts), that is your prerogative. I think it's degenerate small dick energy, though. Reminds me of people that hate Warmode because it keeps them from bodying a 10 year old kid that can barely play the game.
Well the people that get off to that stuff, whether it happens to them or whether they like doing it to other people have accumulated on Grobbulus.

The rest who want safer gameplay have fled to the carebear servers. Personally, I love nothing more than getting jumped by the Horde because I think it's funny and get to fight back with my low level or high level. Some people get so butthurt that they probably shouldn't be playing on a PVP server. I spent about a good two months after Quel'daas opened up just killing everyone questing or sitting in safespots in Sun's Reach. It's led to a lot of great PVP battles.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let's be honest, those who transferred to the mega servers weren't doing it to escape pvp, it was to escape a dead server.

If somehow we had 1 server for everyone, it would be fine, if not better than anything we've had before and nobody would mind.

Nobody is going to roll horde on benediction for instance, not because they are afraid of the pvp, it's the fact their guild options don't exist.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I'm going to check out classic. I played early on back in the day till about the first expansion on a PVP server. Have to get semi up to speed before the new servers I guess. I dunno.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
PVP servers have always been and always will be pure aids for everyone who isn't a faggot rogue hanging out in STV or a faggot hunter hanging out in Hellfire sitting in trees shooting brand new Death Knights. The people who actually enjoy competition run battlegrounds/arena/etc. Open world shit is almost always just the actual dregs of humanity.

Edit - the -only- time ever it is kind of fun is when everyone is at the same level and you're in the same area and around the same rough gear level. That's not the majority of PVPers though. The overwhelming majority are the shitty ganker types who pick on low levels.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was a rogue back in the day. We used to have large battles guild wise and such. I guess shit degenerated from that. Big PVP battle at the entrance to Molten Core or some other area with 20+ for a while till someone won or everyone got tired.

Daidraco

There appears to be a.. lot.. of people that are going to play WOTLK. Tons of people that had no interest in classic/tbc (myself included). Im highly interested to see how high the population is going to get for WOTLK.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would have been nice if they would have introduced an objective pve players would want. Like darkness falls(?) in daoc. Whoever wins the pvp, gets the dungeon with good loot inside that only that faction could enter until next reset.

But the average wow player would have thrown a fucking fit, like everything to ever exist.

Just not much point in world pvp for the average raider.