World of Warcraft: Classic

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone starting on Maladath? gonna roll a DK there.

Is that 50% exp buff only for DK or for prepatch in general?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean... Maladath is going to require that you level another class to 55 first before you can make a DK on Wrath launch day. All the fresh start servers will.

I'm going to attempt to but if I run into like 30m+ queues I'm going to fuck off right quick and hit up a SOM server or something. I am definitely too old to deal with multi-hour queues ever again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I always wonder how much people make when they fuck with the AH like this;

1661832454961.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone over here looking for a fresh wrath guild got a few slots to fill. Need resto shaman, affliction lock, dk dps, holy priest and arms war.

Let me know if any interest, guild is horde on Skyfury pvp. The guild is full of vets, not like millenials play wow anyways.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
is GDKP guild dragon kill points? Like an addon for the masterlooter or something?

I have 100% learned to f'n hate "rolling" for loot. Give me councils or dkp or whatever, just no fucking random shit.

edit - nm, just looked it up. Is this a pickup raid strategy or something? I can't imagine doing this in a functioning guild. The repair bills and the time are the payment for the gear in any sort of real guild.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Also with the prevalence of GDKPs now, getting people to put much effort into a guild is a task for sure.

Its def a weird spot, but what a lot of people do atleast in our guild is have their main do a scheduled loot council raid with the guild (we cleared sunwell week 1), then have alts that lead and carry GDKP's.

Its nice cause i hate gdkp with a passion so I dont have to do with it or retards that cant do content.

GDKP is essentially using gold to buy items through open bids Rezz. It sucks and I hate it but I'll hop on a BT every so often to make some gold for my main instead of farming

• 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Going horde on Maladath.
same. Gonna just rush a hunter to 55 to unlock DK. Well I wouldn't say rush exactly, i'm closing on a house tomorrow and moving in and shit so gonna be busy but ill make it before launch for sure.
which do people think is going to be more popular - pvp or pve? Going horde if that matters.
come to maladath for a fresh start

• 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is GDKP guild dragon kill points? Like an addon for the masterlooter or something?

I have 100% learned to f'n hate "rolling" for loot. Give me councils or dkp or whatever, just no fucking random shit.

edit - nm, just looked it up. Is this a pickup raid strategy or something? I can't imagine doing this in a functioning guild. The repair bills and the time are the payment for the gear in any sort of real guild.
Game is not hard. If you have competent raid leaders and even like 80% of your raid is competent, it takes 2 days to clear new raids.

I still follow our old GDKP group on Discord from Whitemane, they have like 6 GDKPs a week going. At one point they had the fastest clear of Sunwell on the server. Some of them have like 4 or 5 alts they must be absolutely swimming in gold like Scrooge McDuck.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh sure, I'm not saying it is hard. But that looks like exactly what Juvarisx Juvarisx said - the kind of thing people do as pickups to earn money from carrying folks. Not any sort of progression tactic.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh sure, I'm not saying it is hard. But that looks like exactly what Juvarisx Juvarisx said - the kind of thing people do as pickups to earn money from carrying folks. Not any sort of progression tactic.
I guess my point is there isn't much to "progression" these days, all the raids are cleared really quickly... it's just another mechanism to get loot and instead of rolling or a loot council, everyone ends up with something at the end (either gold or loot). It isn't necessarily designed for carry's at least it wasn't when I was doing it. I'm sure it evolves to this, where a carry is forced to spend a certain amount of gold, etc.

I guess it remains to be seen with Icecrown but I would imagine the new Naxx is cleared the first night people are able to enter it.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I'm choosing not to raid. Last time way way back we were raiding and short of healers. We were making it and I told the priest who was from Dallas that she sounded like she was "rode hard and put up wet". She bailed and the guild fell apart shortly after. Well she did and apparetnly a number of people in the guild had never heard that before.

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I guess my point is there isn't much to "progression" these days, all the raids are cleared really quickly... it's just another mechanism to get loot and instead of rolling or a loot council, everyone ends up with something at the end (either gold or loot). It isn't necessarily designed for carry's at least it wasn't when I was doing it. I'm sure it evolves to this, where a carry is forced to spend a certain amount of gold, etc.

I guess it remains to be seen with Icecrown but I would imagine the new Naxx is cleared the first night people are able to enter it.
From my experience the good GDKPs are basically like being in a guild unless youre the one or two absolute whales they can spare. You need to be semi geared already, okay logs and put up with their own idiocy(hearing "750g fine for dying to mother" mid bt gdkp was pretty eye rolling). Also even then its a tossup whether the raid lead is actually screening people making sure they are legit buyers.

Trade chat gdkps, are usually meh at best. Filled with endless fake buyers and scammers.