World of Warcraft: Classic

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Anyone here PVP as a Fire Mage before?

What kind of blend of PVP and PVE gear should I use for arena in Phase 1? I have full hateful minus 2 PVE crit rings and T7 helm and shoulders.

I experimented with playing with 900 resil, but the damage output dropped significantly and fights lasted too long and I was OOM.

I dropped my resil to 550 with my setup outlined above and found way more burst in line with my mana pool. The guides suggest stacking haste and less burst but that sounds dumb when I'm spending more time on instant casts and crit procs than CCing and casting.

I really miss the group finder.

I remember by the end of wrath being able to log on randomly here and there and join a queue for a few heroics. This current crap system is really a bummer.

I'm logging in for raids but even those are getting stale. Could use phase 2 now for something else to do.

Maybe you are consuming the content too quickly? They had the same complaints from super-consumers back in OG WOTLK. I think a lot came into WOTLK with the same rosy goggs as Vanilla & TBC Classic runs and found reality was not as endorphin pumping.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's hardly any content to not consume too quickly.

You have naxx 25. The 10 man's aren't worth a shit after a couple 25 runs it's basically sidegrades or off spec gear.

Voa takes like 5 minutes and you're done, usually with nothing to show for it or you already have set pieces from naxx and don't even run it.

This is why I kept harping on having at least 1 alt because there's just not enough to do for a one character experience.

With icc at least a year away, it's gonna be real fucking hard to not just unsub until each phase opens and I really hope we don't have 4 months of toc/togc before icc. There's nowhere near enough content to justify togc having it's own phase.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
154124.PNG

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's hardly any content to not consume too quickly.

You have naxx 25. The 10 man's aren't worth a shit after a couple 25 runs it's basically sidegrades or off spec gear.

Voa takes like 5 minutes and you're done, usually with nothing to show for it or you already have set pieces from naxx and don't even run it.

This is why I kept harping on having at least 1 alt because there's just not enough to do for a one character experience.

With icc at least a year away, it's gonna be real fucking hard to not just unsub until each phase opens and I really hope we don't have 4 months of toc/togc before icc. There's nowhere near enough content to justify togc having it's own phase.
I’m doing a mage but I don’t mind. I can’t be glued to it like I was when I had three characters in BIS in 2009 with all achieves and shit done. We lack immortal still to be done. We have a suicidal mage that’s finding creative fucking ways to die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I’m doing a mage but I don’t mind. I can’t be glued to it like I was when I had three characters in BIS in 2009 with all achieves and shit done. We lack immortal still to be done. We have a suicidal mage that’s finding creative fucking ways to die.
We run with a rogue that is a magnet for KT void zones, it's actually impressive how fucking retarded he is

Caeden

We run with a rogue that is a magnet for KT void zones, it's actually impressive how fucking retarded he is
I think we nearly had it reset before last and yours truly death gripped a fucking Abom on KT being cute and got my shit pushed in.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tons of people have bad ui setups that make them focus on hotbars instead of being able to see the mechanics.

I just assume this is the case for most stupid deaths from standing in things, tunnel vision, trying to pump and do their rots correctly.

That's why weakauras are so powerful, can literally condense your rot into a couple icons that let you know when you have to do something like shadow embrace, dot durations and arcane barrage stacks, rend duration etc.

If you have any people like this, id suggest delving into their ui, just a simple WA suggestion or to go as far as making one for them can save you and your guild a lot of disappointment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

I have magic runes and a WA that has key CDs on it and another for procs. I can almost play hotbar blind. I’ll probably replace Magic Runes with a WA but I haven’t found one I like. I need to edit my WA to make shit that costs runes but isn’t in CD glow some do I don’t pump through an opportunity to use the one min cds. Currently it shows rune cd for it and greys it out. Fucks with me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i should actually start using WAs, i havent since naxx 40 where you pretty much couldnt raid without them as a healer lol

Specially since my alt is now a warlock so all the dot management and shit is incredibly annoying if youre just staring at a healthbar or threat plates icons (which are pretty helpful as well).

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I have what I consider to be the perfect WA for my Affliction Lock. It only pops up icons for spells that are on CD or my dots that are about to roll off my current target. It's so much cleaner than the big block of every-spell-ever most spec WA's are.

For anyone that is interested:

62ee98b6af0cce453a5a391a.gif

It's so simple yet very effective for me.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have what I consider to be the perfect WA for my Affliction Lock. It only pops up icons for spells that are on CD or my dots that are about to roll off my current target. It's so much cleaner than the big block of every-spell-ever most spec WA's are.

Yep. The WA I have on my warlock is definitely torn apart and altered/modified so it isnt showing the whole fucking spellbook like it was originally. Thats a bit cleaner, but man.. I do not want to redo all that shit lol. That actually reminds me of a combat rotation WA and I havent seen one of those in forever (or at least I havent tried looking).

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yep. The WA I have on my warlock is definitely torn apart and altered/modified so it isnt showing the whole fucking spellbook like it was originally. Thats a bit cleaner, but man.. I do not want to redo all that shit lol. That actually reminds me of a combat rotation WA and I havent seen one of those in forever (or at least I havent tried looking).

That WA is a rotation tool as well. It will throw up a grey icon if I'm missing a particular dot and the icons are ordered in the optimal cast rotation.

Needless

Toe Sucker

This looks clean, I figure it'll look awkward with just the default UI though but i'll check it out anyway

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
goddamn I miss joyous journeys. Only got my shaman to 36 and my alliance DK to 71, this is such a slog..

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
goddamn I miss joyous journeys. Only got my shaman to 36 and my alliance DK to 71, this is such a slog..
Getting a new character up to 70 shouldnt be that way. I'd say its Blizzard trying to sabotage the base and get more money for the boosts, but since you can only boost once per server(?) - then I guess its just to sabotage interest in the game altogether. Its not like they cant specify 1-69 for Joyous Journeys buff.

Caeden

Given the obvious acceleration of classic servers, it’s probably realistic for round 2 to make that happen.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
This Naxx 25M PUG I was in killed Instructor Razuvious by having 4 random people run around the outer ring, spamming taunt. The two priests we had couldn't figure out what to do and we lost the students early.

Wow.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users