World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Strangely enough, the prices were the lowest in 2 or 3 xpacs when Dragonflight was in it's first month, at around 130,000 gold.

Now its back to Legion prices:
View attachment 474998

You can convert tokens you buy with gold into game time OR ActiBliz credit (to buy anything on their store, even Destiny 2 was on there for a time). There is a cap of $350 worth that you can keep in the "account."
Legion Prices?

This spider mount back then cost 2 million gold and just made me feel like they were complete morons.
563878-bloodfang-cocoon.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Legion Prices?

This spider mount back then cost 2 million gold and just made me feel like they were complete morons.
563878-bloodfang-cocoon.jpg
Sorry, did I need to specify it as the last half of Legion prices (which bounced between ~170k and ~220k for the year before BFA release)? Regardless, they haven't had another massive influx of gold, since the gold farms of the Legion table tripled the token prices.

I like the spider, but not 2 million gold like it. The Bronto was the real ridiculous mount at 5 million gold, but it had an AH on it, so a ton of people went for it.

There are so many mounts now, that mount collecting seems a more silly endeavor than ever. To top it all off, dragon flying only uses the 4 dragons and their various skins that you get in this xpac, atm.

2023-05-25 14.15.10 wowtokenprices.com e9401ff204fe.png

2023-05-25 14.16.34 www.google.com e422d2114f30.png
2023-05-25 14.16.26 www.google.com e22517763b8c.png

Last edited:

Kiki

Log Wizard
Dragonriding is hilarious, it's like they eliminated their own microtransaction. I bet the suits are real happy about that.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Wintergrasp was the best PvP they ever had in the game, but too many little bitches cried about vehicles and they never did anything interesting ever again

Malakriss

Wintergrasp worked because it could spread the action amongst multiple fronts, plus it had a skill ceiling on vehicles to double hit walls or use the catapult to hit 2nd/3rd layers before destroying the preceding ones.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I don’t follow this shit. Will they actually do a balance sweep for next classic reset or are the autists going to win again?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wintergrasp worked because it could spread the action amongst multiple fronts, plus it had a skill ceiling on vehicles to double hit walls or use the catapult to hit 2nd/3rd layers before destroying the preceding ones.
I did Wintergrasp in like the early days of Wrath and got the mammoth mount. Never touched it after that outside of going for... some other drops I forgot about.

Burns

I did Wintergrasp in like the early days of Wrath and got the mammoth mount. Never touched it after that outside of going for... some other drops I forgot about.
I, too, AFKed Wintergrasp to get currency for things. It was a nice break from AFKing AV!

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Official HC server rules announced. Ruleset coming to PTR.

Ironically the game is being made less "hardcore" because most of the new rules close off long-standing avenues for grief with an overarching "play nice...or else" dictum to cover everything else. It's also very likely these changes will eventually be propagated to all Classic servers, and so the erosion of the original game experience continues.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yes, having days of playtime erased because an autist spends an hour kiting a ridiculous mob to a capital city or whatever is something that needs to be preserved.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man so awesome to see them repeat what an addon already did for them and will be a giant who gives a pickled pig dick when this releases. Way to have your finger on the pulse Zippertits Longdale.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
kinda retarded take tbh.

They aren't going to expend the effort to code in a way to appeal deaths because that requires manpower to review them and they aren't going to offer any sort of customer support so the easiest thing to do is code in leashing limits to prevent griefing.

there's no need for those sort of measures on standard classic servers so why on earth would they waste the time to add that code to them?

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Yes, having days of playtime erased because an autist spends an hour kiting a ridiculous mob to a capital city or whatever is something that needs to be preserved.
Yeah, why should you have to be on the look out for any unexpected dangers in a "hardcore" environment anyway.

In typical fashion, Blizzard has spent more time removing shit than actually adding incentives to play this ruleset.
there's no need for those sort of measures on standard classic servers so why on earth would they waste the time to add that code to them?
It'll just happen as a matter of course because they see the rule changes I was referring to as "fixing early technical limitations" or restoring original design intent.

• 1Picard

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah no, it won't.

you could maybe have the argument that potential future SoM servers might have these features but a) why would they bother b) really overestimating the amount of effort they are willing to do.

The existing vanilla classic servers are museums, and will not be changed.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, why should you have to be on the look out for any unexpected dangers in a "hardcore" environment anyway.

In typical fashion, Blizzard has spent more time removing shit than actually adding incentives to play this ruleset.

It'll just happen as a matter of course because they see the rule changes I was referring to as "fixing early technical limitations" or restoring original design intent.
Someone exploiting shit mechanics is one hell of a “unexpected danger”

I’m sorry but thinking they need to keep shit like that in is FULL retardation.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Are they shit because they've always been so or only now that the stakes are raised?

WoW has always been locked up pretty tight compared to any other game that came before it, so it's funny how much effort is still necessary to restrict players from doing anything that wasn't explicitly intended. If they keep sanding down what's left of the rough edges on this old block of wood you'll eventually get that smooth dildo you've always wanted.

• 1Worf