World of Warcraft: Classic

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
We'll do the things necessary to make a great and memorable product.

Understanding this is genuinely digging as hard as you can at dozens of dozens of known and unknown gamers and getting their input and information on things about the game and what they need and want, this can be done in multiple ways. Not referring to a please everyone stance, btw.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This.

I was in disc last night with a bunch of guys ruminating on the potential C+ announcement and basically repeated this.

They won't care to dig deep with the true nature of what it means.

At best they'll look over at Turtlewow, but probably not.

Hire BoozeCube BoozeCube and Jasker Jasker Blizzard.

We'll do the things necessary to make a great and memorable product.

Shit Blizzard wouldn't want to hire me. I'd make the next expansion some cross between a 90s Arnold action flick and a soft core Shanon Tweed prono.

You guys would be raiding Indiana Jones Tombs while big titty elf chick's are chained up by evil orcs with demon blood.

Illidan and Arthas would be a tag team duo pulling out Ultimate Warrior lines and hitting Uther with a folding chair. Thrall can be Ric Flair.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit Blizzard wouldn't want to hire me. I'd make the next expansion some cross between a 90s Arnold action flick and a soft core Shanon Tweed prono.

You guys would be raiding Indiana Jones Tombs while big titty elf chick's are chained up by evil orcs with demon blood.

Illidan and Arthas would be a tag team duo pulling out Ultimate Warrior lines and hitting Uther with a folding chair. Thrall can be Ric Flair.
You say this in jest, but thats all we've ever wanted.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

This isn't even a joke.

If you are not getting the teen market share, this is the right move since your audience are now adults.

If we are getting nude scenes and swearing in Final Fantasy and Baldur's Gate, pov nude sex scenes in Cyberpunk... why not in Warcraft and get the entire Millenial market share back?

New expansion system should be romance options. I'd grind rep for months to see what's under Maiev's armour and turn her straight.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Umm classic raids posed zero challenge at all due to the game being 110% figured out and players min maxing every aspect of the game to the nth degree

And this wasn't a problem at all.

It's also far from zero challenge in that there's still enough that can go wrong. It just didn't need to be made any harder in order to satisfy the target audience.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And this wasn't a problem at all.

It's also far from zero challenge in that there's still enough that can go wrong. It just didn't need to be made any harder in order to satisfy the target audience.

moronic take. The players invented the speed run meta in order to insert some challenge into what was a free loot pinata. The same players that were demanding the release of official classic servers.

"enough that can go wrong" lol. Thanks for confirming your skill level in a 20 year old game.

"hard-er" lmao

• 1Picard
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
moronic take. The players invented the speed run meta in order to insert some challenge into what was a free loot pinata. The same players that were demanding the release of official classic servers.

"enough that can go wrong" lol. Thanks for confirming your skill level in a 20 year old game.

"hard-er" lmao

The speed running meta was like 1/4th of 1% of autistic raiders. Shit I bet 90% of classic playerbase never even raided at all.

The reason turtle Wow and shit exists isn't because they wanted to time how quickly they can clear MC.

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Focusing on what raiders wanted is what turned retail into a shit show. That's the last thing they should do for classic.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The speed running meta was like 1/4th of 1% of autistic raiders.

Do you deny it's the private server community that fuelled the demand for wow classic?

Shit I bet 90% of classic playerbase never even raided at all.

You really are retarded if you genuinely think that.

The reason turtle Wow

One niche server does not support your argument.

Just a reminder that pre-classic I told you all exactly what was going to happen and who was going to do it - (APES to clear MC in week1) and you all laughed, jeered and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

I then went on to be a world top 5 speed run guild resto druid whilst you guys are here 4 years later complaining wow classic shouldn't be made any harder, lmao

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Focusing on what raiders wanted is what turned retail into a shit show. That's the last thing they should do for classic.

It's actually worse than that. They were trying to "beat" the highest end raiders and "win". That's how bad their hubris is.

The state of retail end game isn't because raiders wanted it. It's because the developers thought they made hard content, and then the bleeding edge beat it in days instead of weeks. So they kept trying to make it "harder" by neutering and removing things from the rest of the game that the raiders were using to gain advantages. Over and over.

Blizzard has been a company full of bratty little twats for a long, long time.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's actually worse than that. They were trying to "beat" the highest end raiders and "win". That's how bad their hubris is.

The state of retail end game isn't because raiders wanted it. It's because the developers thought they made hard content, and then the bleeding edge beat it in days instead of weeks. So they kept trying to make it "harder" by neutering and removing things from the rest of the game that the raiders were using to gain advantages. Over and over.

Blizzard has been a company full of bratty little twats for a long, long time.
Fucking exactly this. Couldn't have summed it up better.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think high end raiding is really the issue, the problem is everything else in the game including the entire journey to "when the real game starts" is pointless and tedious.

Classic was the flagship product that was completely fleshed out with content 1-60 with raids tacked on that were relevant to progressing the story to its proper ending.

Tbc and wrath were natural progressions that should have ended the story but... The constant need to produce new mechanics in a game already post climax is where the "meh" starts to really take over.

We don't need classic+, we need something new and fresh that is overflowing with content.

New raids, new land is just bloat and you'll never get enough without significant time invested to make that content mesh with the original classic content without making it obsolete and recreating the same problem current era wow is infested with.

We need a new game.

Khane

I don't think high end raiding is really the issue, the problem is everything else in the game including the entire journey to "when the real game starts" is pointless and tedious.

The point was, you can blame Blizzard staff's hatred of "losing" to high end raiders for how awful the rest of the game feels now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The point was, you can blame Blizzard staff's hatred of "losing" to high end raiders for how awful the rest of the game feels now.

Yes. Why haven't they reigned in addons? Because that is how they play their gay footsie games with the high end raiding scene. Why the fuck weak auras are still a thing boggles the mind. What new player even has a clue what's going on much less how to play?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Yes. Why haven't they reigned in addons? Because that is how they play their gay footsie games with the high end raiding scene. Why the fuck weak auras are still a thing boggles the mind. What new player even has a clue what's going on much less how to play?

AddOns are the #1 reason the stupid "Arms Race" started happening. Blizzard kept trying to invent raid mechanics that couldn't be "solved" by addons, and then addon makers found ways to do exactly that.

I still almost fall out of my chair at some of the shit design they've implemented just to try and neutralize addons in raids instead of just culling their functionality like they should have in the first place. Mekkatorque has got to be the dumbest fucking fight they've ever created. I felt like I was playing a guessing game with my 3 year old niece in that fight.

"What color is that one?"
RED!
"What color is this one?"
BLUE
"What color is that one over there?"
GREEN

"GREAT JOB KIDDO YOU DID IT!!!!!!!"

Fucking lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't care about more raids, more is fine though. I want more dungeons and mini raids like UBRS and LBRS.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Today is Day 1 of the Starforge Mak’Gora tournament. Qualifiers today where all entries will play 5 regular duels to advance to the eliminations tomorrow. Hopefully should be entertaining to watch.

• 3Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't care about more raids, more is fine though. I want more dungeons and mini raids like UBRS and LBRS.
Less 40 man shit -- more 10/15 man content for me. ZG/Kara/ZA and UBRS sized content is where its at, having to deal with naxx 40 consumables and 40 people was actually just super draining when mechanics got more punishing compared to MC lol

• 3Like