World of Warcraft: Classic

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If there's another era or vanilla or SoM let's get a guild going? I'd rather suffer your furor-esque wrath from time to time (not a jab) than the shit I currently endure at work.

force Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule to play with us too its like hanging with the president
Booze has been impatiently waiting to run a new classic guild. But alliance this time. His rants are all a decoy!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If there's another era or vanilla or SoM let's get a guild going? I'd rather suffer your furor-esque wrath from time to time (not a jab) than the shit I currently endure at work.

force Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule to play with us too its like hanging with the president

Jaskies you got to ride that classic train for 2 solid years. Blizzard ain't capturing lighting in a bottle for the 3rd time. Feel lucky you got to ride that train twice, there won't be a 3rd time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Jaskies you got to ride that classic train for 2 solid years. Blizzard ain't capturing lighting in a bottle for the 3rd time. Feel lucky you got to ride that train twice, there won't be a 3rd time.

I hear you there.

People gonna vacate Era because the company doesn't ban the fly hackers and the economy is a bit inflated - and go to whatever the next thing is. So my R14 warrior (hit R14 in 5 days) is gonna be like welp solo game... guess I gotta try to third time and see how hard I get bashed for it depending on era's activity.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Clearly Metzen's gonna come out and be like "CLASSIC +. BUT IT'S ONLY ON THESE FRESH SERVERS WE'RE MAKING AND YOU HAVE TO PROGRESS THROUGH THEM FOR TWO YEARS WHILE WE GET CLASSIC+ READY FOR RELEASE"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Clearly Metzen's gonna come out and be like "CLASSIC +. BUT IT'S ONLY ON THESE FRESH SERVERS WE'RE MAKING AND YOU HAVE TO PROGRESS THROUGH THEM FOR TWO YEARS WHILE WE GET CLASSIC+ READY FOR RELEASE"
Well I've heard basically botting/china farm has made it so the existing classic servers would not work out well for classic+. Not sure how bad it is though.

• 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I've heard basically botting/china farm has made it so the existing classic servers would not work out well for classic+. Not sure how bad it is though.
Prices on the auction hall are baaaaad. Very inflated.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Prices on the auction hall are baaaaad. Very inflated.
Even Turtle Wow has it bad and they actually make efforts to police actual bots. But Chinese players farm tons of shit. Its wild going to anywhere that has like lvl 30+ elementals of any kind and seeing it permacamped for essences and elemental earth/fire/etc which all sell for 5G-10G a pop.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I heard it from that guy making Monsters and Memories the best. Classic Wow along with Everquest are great because of the Sandwichy gameplay. Meaning I can grab a burger, watch a TV show, read a book, shitpost, and just generally relax playing the game. It doesn't requite a lot of my focus like Dark Souls would. Or Retail Wow where I have to hit my rotation of 30 buttons perfectly to maintain consistent DPS.

Sometimes, just having to cast shadowbolt while shitposting with the boys on Discord is the good game design.

• 8Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 13 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Last night as I slumbered I was gripped by a vision most stupid.

Classic Minus, working backwards through the beta/alpha patches

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think I heard it from that guy making Monsters and Memories the best. Classic Wow along with Everquest are great because of the Sandwichy gameplay. Meaning I can grab a burger, watch a TV show, read a book, shitpost, and just generally relax playing the game. It doesn't requite a lot of my focus like Dark Souls would. Or Retail Wow where I have to hit my rotation of 30 buttons perfectly to maintain consistent DPS.

Sometimes, just having to cast shadowbolt while shitposting with the boys on Discord is the good game design.

True shit

• 2Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say it's even better than that. You can decide to go into a redbull-fueled rage session where you pull dozens of monsters, chain kill without break, always edging on the limit, optimize every quest's path to minimize downtime, or you can just chill, dies underwater cause you alt-tabbed, etc. - both can be done and give a sense of progression

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely. The problem is when autistic redbull fueled faggots drive the game design to cater more to their faggotry. I think it is absolutely true that MMORPG was not really designed to be competitive. If you wanted something designed to be competitive. Play Counterstrike, Valorant, or League where its meant to show your skill.

But you should never design your game around Big Fag Guild and their race to kill Black Dragon Cockmaster before anyone else. Cuz yeah, it is cool to be the first in something. But at the end of the day its a MMORPG. If I get to kill BDC a month or two after you. So what?

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Absolutely. The problem is when autistic redbull fueled faggots drive the game design to cater more to their faggotry. I think it is absolutely true that MMORPG was not really designed to be competitive. If you wanted something designed to be competitive. Play Counterstrike, Valorant, or League where its meant to show your skill.

I agree they weren't meant to be e-sports competitive but they definitely were competitive. Spawn competition. Whether it was just an orc camp, rare spawn with good loot, or later on the more competitive raid spawns, guilds were able to basically keep everyone else on a server way behind. Not really the same thing but competition always did exist.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I agree they weren't meant to be e-sports competitive but they definitely were competitive. Spawn competition. Whether it was just an orc camp, rare spawn with good loot, or later on the more competitive raid spawns, guilds were able to basically keep everyone else on a server way behind. Not really the same thing but competition always did exist.
Yes it exists. But you don't design the game around it.

• 2Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

^This right here. So much this.

I've been playing Lotro a lot over the past year, and for the most part, all I have done is the basic overland content and followed through the stories. It wasn't until this week that I actually tried some hard content at-level. While it was fun, it was also stressful and made me question whether I wanted to do that very often ever again.

People can call me lame all they want, but at the end of the day, I have learned that I just fucking don't want to have to min/max my rotations and be "elite" when playing a game. I want to put on a video to watch, chat in Discord, and generally just veg out while killing monsters.

It's kinda funny that I have tried for many, many years to figure out what it really is about original EQ (prior to any expansions) that I loved about that game, and when you get right down to it, the reason is because it was a veg out and kill shit while chilling with friends experience. The raids and expansions took that sit-back-and-chill vibe out of the game.