World of Warcraft: Classic

norp

Bronze Squire
I spent my early 20s in Dire Maul west/east farming librams, can't wait to do it again.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
no repair bots. Die enough to break gear in MC and you were probably done for the day because clearing back in was so brutal.

It will be interesting to see what we get. Some of it was really truly brutal and you did need to exploit a ton to get by

There was a repair vendor by the graveyard, so it was basically a double death run. But shit, these days, if you don't remember those fights, yer bad. It's not like we'd be going in there scrub fresh, or lacking in strategy/knowledge of the fights. Extensive knowledge. Spent more time in MC than any other raid. Like 2 years, plus weekly resets for years - have my rag hammer, and one piece of thunderfury.

1. Line-of-sight, decurse
2. Stance dance, Alliance: Fear Ward.
3. Don't stand in fire.
4. Tank adds away from boss, run away before add explodies.
5. Bomb runs into tunnel away from boss. Melee run out during bursts.
6. Hide during arcane explosion.
7. Split tank healers, kill healers, kill boss.
8. Split tank healers, kill one by one, then aoe rest.
9. Pull adds away from tank and split, kill adds, tunnel boss.
10. John madden dps the boss, melee backup during asplody stage. Try not to get knocked into lava. AOE adds.

Oh, and basically all fights have a tank swap.

It's funny, cuz it seems some bosses have almost all of these mechanics together these days. And then some.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You will only be able to access Classic if you subscribe to the new Blizzard All-Access package which is $42.99/mo which gives you a wow sub, 3 hearthstone card packs per month, unlimited boosted exp in Hots and access to a special hero skin for McCree.

1539242-bobby_kotick_the_devil.jpg

Tactician

Ancient
Blessing of Wisdom aggro strat for Nefarian. Because mana per 5 seconds generates aggro for the caster of the buff. Why? Because aggro was that fucking retarded in general back then.

I used to pick up adds on incoming with battle shout cause applying the buff gave threat. So gud

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
warsong gulch with rocket launch boots and parachute cape pls...flying Scarab Lord Rend Blackhand coming to terrorize you in the gulch

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I cant wait for hunter pets to aggro entire dungeons again. Barman shanker runs were fun.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I don't see the issue with WoW leveling. It was goddamn awesome compared to "Hey, you guys wanna stare at frogloks for hours on end?' I think I got to 60 within 2 months and most us were pushing up to Garr still in Strath/UBRS blues.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I used to pick up adds on incoming with battle shout cause applying the buff gave threat. So gud

So many weird little quirks like that. Battle Shout, and boosting your other shouts gave nice aoe threat. Having mages stack frost spec for aoe blizzard, just, we did everything possible to consolidate threat, or at least isolate mobs. Once tanks had a couple pieces of T2 it became rather trivial, unless you got blue/bronze (or was it black bronze?). Remember certain combinations we basically said fuck it and skipped that week. Kind of had the same thing occur with Chromaggus unless we'd had enough dust stored up for the bronze bullshit. I miss when you got cockblocked by shit like that, since it was a flavor of rng, but not something you beat your dick against. You knew up front, not that a single pull was gonna shit on you, and you had to pull 100 times hoping rng didn't shit on you once.

I don't see the issue with WoW leveling. It was goddamn awesome compared to "Hey, you guys wanna stare at frogloks for hours on end?' I think I got to 60 within 2 months and most us were pushing up to Garr still in Strath/UBRS blues.

I recall our first kill of Razorgore in BWL still wearing Magisters, Mooncloth, and the staff from the LBRS final boss. Any mages out there remember the asinine objectives to get the crit helm?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The #1 thing I miss, and also don't miss, is actually seeing a ton of players in an area. In Ironforge it was because we had fuck all to do, and it was the only place where there was an Auction House, but you spend enough time there, you got to actually know the fucks on your server. In beta, I recall when they launched the ability to actually group in a raid, and being blown the fuck away having 40 people in a group. We didn't know what the shit we were supposed to do, but after having only played 1st person shooters where the max was like 5-10.... and look at the game today. Somehow, now, I never see anyone except folks going in and out of Krasus landing. Even as recent as WOTLK, despite the lag, you still saw a lot of people around Dalaran. Four or five folks always fishing in the pond. Everywhere feels sorta ghostish these days.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Kind of had the same thing occur with Chromaggus unless we'd had enough dust stored up for the bronze bullshit. I miss when you got cockblocked by shit like that, since it was a flavor of rng, but not something you beat your dick against. You knew up front, not that a single pull was gonna shit on you, and you had to pull 100 times hoping rng didn't shit on you once.

Having an abundance of paladins made that shit super trivial. Sorry horde dudes.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Side note: Whoever developed the original PvP rank system should have been fired out of a cannon. Pretty much competing against your own faction for rank was some retarded shit. I remember being in vent with our server first grand marshall and the guy literally burst into tears after he realized he was going to be rank 14 next tuesday because how many days on end he spent grinding BGs.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah the fact that Paladins provide such an advantage in classic PvE makes me want to go alliance. I still prefer horde though.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Yeah the fact that Paladins provide such an advantage in classic PvE makes me want to go alliance. I still prefer horde though.

The only fights horde had an advantage on were Huhuran and Viscidus. After that...I dunno, their ret paladins in BC did more dps?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Side note: Whoever developed the original PvP rank system should have been fired out of a cannon.
I also remember the time when you could enter a BG and leave the raid group, because you didn't want the others to leech your precious points.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Blessing of Wisdom aggro strat for Nefarian. Because mana per 5 seconds generates aggro for the caster of the buff. Why? Because aggro was that fucking retarded in general back then.

Oh man, we abused this for our first Nef kill and honestly it would've been easier just doing it legit. It only worked if all the mana users were actually regenning mana from the buff (ie not full mana). It took us so long to teach all our retards that they have to dump their mana to transfer aggro to the pally. Just thinking about it makes me want to kill a man.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone that talks shit about horde never had a proper Shaman Healer. Holy balls chain heal was fucking nuts. I can't believe we had one Shaman in our 40. They were always top Healer. By like, a fucking lot.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone that talks shit about horde never had a proper Shaman Healer. Holy balls chain heal was fucking nuts. I can't believe we had one Shaman in our 40. They were always top Healer. By like, a fucking lot.

Shaman were good healers and amazing in PvP, Windfury totems are awesome so there are certain things that they can do which is nice. But Blessing of Salv 30% threat reduction is so fucking good in PvE it isnt even close.