World of Warcraft: Classic

rad

Lord of Guk
In true basement dweller fashion I'm gonna go old school and take some time off to hit 60.

Only way!

3419.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I just want to be a fucking fury warrior with Thunderfury. If Emerald Dream had continued for another 18 months I woulda been such a baller gnome rogue with Thunderfury.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just miss the chill raiding that was MC+BWL, unless you were a complete retard you didn't have to try too hard. AQ40 you actually had to try, especially pre-nerf. I'm not looking forward to fighting Viscidus as an alliance player.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I just want to be a fucking fury warrior with Thunderfury. If Emerald Dream had continued for another 18 months I woulda been such a baller gnome rogue with Thunderfury.
Be easier to get double deathstriker or ironfoe+deathstriker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you stay on the server long enough everybody will get a chance at Naxx gear, TF, and all that shit. There will be a plethora of people who will just max out a bunch of toons all the way through Naxx over the course of the first 2 years of its release. Regardless of a potential BC or Wrath server. Peeps will keep playing on the Classic one for alt twinking and running BG's for all eternity in full T3. I'll personally be fine w/ maxing out a warrior in full T3 and just pooposcking the place until Wrath comes out. I missed BC so the nostalgia isn't quite as heavy there.

Also makes me wonder. They gonna allow Corrupted Ashbringer to stay in the game despite it being "lore breaking"? I hope so.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also makes me wonder. They gonna allow Corrupted Ashbringer to stay in the game despite it being "lore breaking"? I hope so.
It's part of the original Nax Four Horsemen encounter (Baron Rivendare, even though you kill him in Stratholme), so yeah, it better be. It was in the loot table until original Nax was removed.

Speaking of, was old Nax accessible during BC?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's part of the original Nax Four Horsemen encounter (Baron Rivendare, even though you kill him in Stratholme), so yeah, it better be. It was in the loot table until original Nax was removed.

Speaking of, was old Nax accessible during BC?

Aye, I remember doing runs w/ people just before Wrath released specifically for the Ashbringer

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Some faggot streamer questions whether FoH had to not get the world first Ony.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I world PvPed a lot on Hunter during Vanilla since it was my "main" class for several patches(until AQ40 when I switched to War) and Rogues were I think slightly rogue favored, but player skill was the most relevant factor in that match up, because there were A LOT of tricks both between the rogue and the hunter, with traps/flare/wingclip(also RNG for the proc iirc?) versus blind stealth resets, not hitting parries during that survival cooldown and shit like that. Bad rogues I generally had no issues killing. I did have good gear though at most points of the game, and that mattered a lot. Especially Rhokdellar I think was really cool, and that BWL xbow or the pvp xbow.

Mages were the hardest matchup as far as I remember, because they could pretty much ignore your "advantage", kiting, since they were also range and had similar/superior ranged burst with pom pyro bullshit. As far as I remember those matchups were more decided by wether or not you critted an aimed shot/multishot or stupid shit like that.

PvE wise, hunters were kinda meh. I believe alliance hunters were more competitive though because of seal of wisdom, since hunters were pretty mana hungry, although I mostly only cleared up to BWL on hunter and I don't really remember that much who was topping numbers then in our guild. Starting AQ though, Fury warriors were all the rage(hehe), although a lot of the time that involved threat resetting with a soulstone. Rogues were good too at that point, I think they made hemo good somewhere around that time? I don't remember naxx DPS tiers at all though cause I was exclusively tanking at that point.

There were the rogues with tea and the rogues without.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
More like there where people with all their abilities on CD and those not on CD.

PVP will be fun until you run into the no life cunts fully geared out in mc/bwl/aq/naxx camping brm/silithus/epl 24/7. Oh you wanted to finished up your Ony key? Good luck getting past the neckbeard rogue with Perditions.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
More like there where people with all their abilities on CD and those not on CD.

PVP will be fun until you run into the no life cunts fully geared out in mc/bwl/aq/naxx camping brm/silithus/epl 24/7. Oh you wanted to finished up your Ony key? Good luck getting past the neckbeard rogue with Perditions.
It wouldn’t be the classic experience without a video compilation of some dude blowing all his cooldowns to kill a single person set to some shitty nu-metal band.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a very hard time accepting that I am even somewhat excited about this coming out now. But what else is there?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think a large part of why I felt rogues weren't so bad in vanilla is because whenever I was doing some shit in open world, farming rep or whatever, I always had my camera turned the other way. And everytime a fucking rogue came up, you could see these little slimy fuckers instantly dismount and stealth(sometimes sprinting too), and then it was just a matter of waiting like a sec or two, and flaring on top of yourself, snap turn+tab+scatter, hunter's mark and then they basically had to blow vanish to just start the fight, so they had very little kill potential at that point.

A lot of world pvp against rogues was mostly about making sure you saw them coming, because if you weren't paying attention and they opened when you were 50% health with half your skills on cooldown from stealth, you were super dead. And obviously most rogues only cared about fighting targets like that, a few of the high tier ones would just wait for people to eat to full/kill the monster they were on to start, but a lot were just little cunts because they were rogues and they could be.

Obviously I'd just die sometimes too because that's just going to happen, I never said I had like 100%win rate against rogues, just felt like 50/50, maybe 55/45 or something like that. Although in pure duels it was harder, worked better in world pvp when you could bait them in(or better yet, when you saw the fuckers farming their own shit, how you'd like an aimed shot in the butt while you're fighting a mob).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Some faggot streamer questions whether FoH had to not get the world first Ony.

Did they? I don't recall FoH being too productive on Hyjal. But, I did enjoy being fed turn-ins for the AQ gate opening.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think a large part of why I felt rogues weren't so bad in vanilla is because whenever I was doing some shit in open world, farming rep or whatever, I always had my camera turned the other way. And everytime a fucking rogue came up, you could see these little slimy fuckers instantly dismount and stealth(sometimes sprinting too), and then it was just a matter of waiting like a sec or two, and flaring on top of yourself, snap turn+tab+scatter, hunter's mark and then they basically had to blow vanish to just start the fight, so they had very little kill potential at that point.

A lot of world pvp against rogues was mostly about making sure you saw them coming, because if you weren't paying attention and they opened when you were 50% health with half your skills on cooldown from stealth, you were super dead. And obviously most rogues only cared about fighting targets like that, a few of the high tier ones would just wait for people to eat to full/kill the monster they were on to start, but a lot were just little cunts because they were rogues and they could be.

Obviously I'd just die sometimes too because that's just going to happen, I never said I had like 100%win rate against rogues, just felt like 50/50, maybe 55/45 or something like that. Although in pure duels it was harder, worked better in world pvp when you could bait them in(or better yet, when you saw the fuckers farming their own shit, how you'd like an aimed shot in the butt while you're fighting a mob).

Ya whoever got control of the other one was fight over.

Rogues not having cloak of shadows meant if they got touched out of stealth they were in hot water big time.

Thistle tea was so damn broken for pvp tho.