World of Warcraft: Classic

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I just remember most geared locks destroying my Naxx-geared holy paladin in no time flat. Affliction and Destro for sure. I don't remember soul link locks doing insane damage but they were really hard to kill. Affliction would just melt me and Destro would blow me up. I dreaded having either of them focusing me in pvp. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure warlocks were the hardest counter to paladins. Rogues were obviously annoying but a good warlock with a felhunter was pretty brutal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I had a naxx geared rogue and I definitely remember warlocks being a force by late game too, I do know they sucked for years before naxx too but not sure if they just needed a ton of scaling or if the revamps helped them a ton at some point. I am torn on this server between lock and paladin, may depend on if my group goes horse or alliance. It was also a class that struggled with agro so I suspect they will be better here unless they need the warrior 1.11 changes because agro is going to be very unclassic from what we remember.

Siliconemelons

I was destro/demon because I was cheap and hated respeccing for raids - and being on a pvp server it was a nice balance for doing your normal crap and surviving in the wild - thus the pet shit hurt me more than a destro/afflic lock as that was the pvp spec because you had insta casts to fall back on when I just had normal affliction. I still managed whatever the 3rd or 4th higher rank was, I thought it was knight lt. but maybe it was lt. comm... I was close to getting the horse...

Didn't they put succubus charm and fear on the same diminishing return?

If we want to talk about PVP nerf, blood DK in beta was just pure unstoppable maddness...but thats wrath, this is classic! yeehaw

I will still play a lock because they were and are a fun class to still play... the others just dont appeal to me, just like when I started. Also I never played a pure caster in all my EQ..so it was different.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having played both Human and Orc Warlock in the earlier versions (Up to around AQ release) I can only laugh at people pretending warlock was the same no matter what faction. Will of the Forsaken was completely absurd, and when Death Coil was still just mediocre instant damage and nothing else, undead rogues getting the drop on you was incredibly hard to deal with. As an Orc Warlock, one single stun resist meant the Alliance Rogue was gonna run back to his corpse.

Review the classic cinematic again. See what infernals are there. Then compare them to what they were like in the game. They were useless and weak. Even the Soul Link talent was the antithesis of the idea of having strong pets. They just turned them into hp-pools.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I kind of feel like a dumbass for not playing on a private server, maybe I'll fire something up to get the hang of leveling when it's closer to launch. I'm gonna go hard on launch and prob die like a korean practicing starcraft at a lan center

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
2000$ level 30 horde Duel Tournament going on right now lmao, it's about to start in a minute.

I'm interested to see if anyone actually kills any locks tbh

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
The Tourny is relocating to the barrens. Should be starting soon. Soda just passed 60k viewers, heh.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know why they're relocating, all the alliance are just also going to show up there lmao.

perplexity casting this, and that dude is a god so it should be a good one.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
People keep saying why would you want be in the beta because it's just going to get wiped anyways but really this version of the game would be a blast to be a part of all summer long.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if Bliz is shocked at the response Classic is getting. Probably. Because they are retards who hate money.

• 3Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wonder if Bliz is shocked at the response Classic is getting. Probably. Because they are retards who hate money.

I doubt any of the current team even understands why people want to play classic. When you listen to the streams of the classic Dev's who put Blizzard on them map even they shit on the current Dev's. Hell one of the old dev's said meritocracy in todays world is a bad word but back then that was how the company was ran.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This dueling shit is hilarious. Trying to corral the retards out of the "arena" would be infuriating.

Is this both alliance and horde players? Otherwise there's a perfectly good actual arena for this in Org they could use...

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Take this with a grain of salt , but I’ve heard from 2 different people that have some insight into Blizz, say that they’ll be doing another wave of beta invites tomorrow.

You’ll, again, have to make sure you have an active sub to WoW even if you’re considered to be on the friends & family list you won’t get an invite unless you’re actively subscribed. No guarantees you’ll get an invite still, etc. But you might have a chance and it’s up to you if you want to try for a beta invite, just sucks you have to be subscribed to be considered for one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah all the stupid sitting out in the dueling area is fucking hilarious. And this is beta so the level of retards who can show up is limited. If they tried this shit on live they would be like 10,000 cunts showing up.