World of Warcraft: Classic

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I would enjoy an Alliance tournament where Asmongold loses to another warrior in the first round.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Playing enhance in Cata was really fun throughout that entire xpac. With Dwarf shaman, you also had some pretty sick looking xmog too.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The problem with mana mattering is it only matters to some classes. Other classes can go forever. If mana is going to be a finite resource then energy/rage need to run out too. It's stupid that in PvE mages do not do more dps than rogues and yet mages have a clock after which they are useless.

Garbage, mages rarely run out of mana and they get to do their DPS from 40 yards away completely safely.

I had to beg and scrape to get Heroic invites at the beginning of TBC as a rogue because of all the PBAOE and cleaves, and "run away from the boss" moments.

/No one/ should out DPS a rogue in a straight out DPS race.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Snutz going with a voidwalker over a felhunter for 3 of the 4 duels was a mistake imo. I've seen Snutz playing quite a bit and never see him use his felhunter.

Venruki usually has under 1k viewers (lately 2-3k maybe) and has over 35k right now. He won more than the tournament.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The problem with mana mattering is it only matters to some classes. Other classes can go forever. If mana is going to be a finite resource then energy/rage need to run out too. It's stupid that in PvE mages do not do more dps than rogues and yet mages have a clock after which they are useless.

That's the trade off for being able to dps from relative safety.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This is a guy that won blizzcon and initially doubted Classic would be good, he just said he thinks Classic has changed his life hah.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
DPS was limited by damage done, not mana. If you blasted your load as a mage you were gonna pull aggro, and higher ranked spells generated even more aggro. You spammed rank 4 frost bolt to maintain damage and mana like any other mana user (healers especially). Evocation was also a thing available to all mage specs. I don't even remember ever running out of mana as a mage in any of the raid encounters, and still performed at the top of the meters.

Rogues and hunters had threat wipe mechanics, but the hunter was limited by mana unless they could get in some water before random aggro. Rogue was constantly fighting move out mechanics, but always topped meters on standing fights, or trash.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
That 'best flag carrier ever' video of Venruki shaming an Alliance premade in a Horde PUG without healers (fucking horde never had healers) was the most classic video I ever saw. Reminded me of my days in 2005. I wasn't at his level, but I had the Alliance uber guild accusing me and my other mage pal of hacking. Was hilarious.

Something is wrong with the universe when Asmond has more viewers than Venruki

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That 'best flag carrier ever' video of Venruki shaming an Alliance premade in a Horde PUG without healers (fucking horde never had healers) was the most classic video I ever saw. Reminded me of my days in 2006. I wasn't at his level, but I had the Alliance uber guild accusing me and my other mage pal of hacking. Was hilarious.

Venruki tends to do things on stream that are boring at times like mining, he also yells and shit. Asmongold rallys his entire faction together and does funny shit that people like to watch.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Garbage, mages rarely run out of mana and they get to do their DPS from 40 yards away completely safely.

I had to beg and scrape to get Heroic invites at the beginning of TBC as a rogue because of all the PBAOE and cleaves, and "run away from the boss" moments.

/No one/ should out DPS a rogue in a straight out DPS race.

I hope you aren't playing rogue in Classic, if you are expect to lose rolls on leather to fury warriors, expect to get out-dps'ed by fury warriors and expect to lose raid leather to fury warriors. This starts with Truestrike shoulders for pre-bis and continues all the way to Naxx with Ghoul Skin Tunic

What kind of shitty logic is the last part anyway?

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That 'best flag carrier ever' video of Venruki shaming an Alliance premade in a Horde PUG without healers (fucking horde never had healers) was the most classic video I ever saw. Reminded me of my days in 2005. I wasn't at his level, but I had the Alliance uber guild accusing me and my other mage pal of hacking. Was hilarious.

Not only was that video amazing his stream seems to be one of the best. He narrates well to the stream and doesn't come off as a twat.

Though I admittedly have not watched a lot .

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Venruki is a child just like every other streamer. But he's a far less interesting child. He's also a Vegan.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Why would a fury warrior be taking Paladin or Priest gear?

I hope you aren't playing rogue in Classic, if you are expect to lose rolls on leather to fury warriors, expect to get out-dps'ed by fury warriors and expect to lose raid leather to fury warriors. This starts with Truestrike shoulders for pre-bis and continues all the way to Naxx with Ghoul Skin Tunic

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait till you play Classic and lose loot to fury warriors who out DPS you, lol
We'll see if private server truths hold. Don't recall any fury warrior even hitting top 10 for any fights through C'Thun, even when my horde guild only had 2 rogues, so excess loot got funneled to my druid and other warriors. Mages in full T2 were top dog until Naxx. Rogues right behind (save Rag where rogues and warriors especially suck ass).

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Do you have some kind of autism that makes it difficult for you to pick up on non-direct statements?

I'm not playing a rogue in classic. I have never said I am playing a rogue in classic. I just said I was planning on playing Paladin or Priest, which has also been re-iterated several times in this thread as well as on the spreadsheet for the FoH guild.

Why are you continuing to say stuff about fury rogues taking my leather? I'm not trying to pick on the retarded kid but damn if you don't make it difficult.

• 2Mic Drop
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
We'll see if private server truths hold. Don't recall any fury warrior even hitting top 10 for any fights through C'Thun, even when my horde guild only had 2 rogues, so excess loot got funneled to my druid and other warriors. Mages in full T2 were top dog until Naxx. Rogues right behind (save Rag where rogues and warriors especially suck ass).

Why would it be any different in classic? The only possible explanation would be if private servers somehow overtuned warriors abilities, which is extremely unlikely.

There's 1 rogue in the top 30 Northdale DPS across MC+BWL+AQ40+Naxx rankings, the rest is mages and warriors. LegacyPlayers | Ranking

The biggest adjustment I faced upon hitting 60 on Northdale was not being able to find warriors willing to tank dungeons because they were all fury/dps and wearing leather to maximise their DPS.

It's different now that Naxx level gear is out, but as already mentioned Ghoul Skin Tunic and other random leather pieces are still considered BIS for warriors.

It's stupid to think that Classic is going to be exactly the same eg specs, strats, as 13 years ago.