World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
According to an interview Ion did, layering will be by continent rather than zone, so there will be multiple copies of high level zones on the same server if the overall population warrants it. It’ll be gone either when the initial population spike dies down a bit, or when phase two (which includes Kazzak and Azuregos) launches. It does seem like there will be ways to exploit that for quests, rare spawns, nodes, etc but I guess we’ll see.

Chris

Potato del Grande
@BoozeCube "look at all these buffs and consumes that private servers are popping"

Chris Chris "HA WE WERE DOING THAT FIFTEEN YEARS AGO ALONG WITH SKIPPING THE FIRST PACK IN MC, LOOK HERE'S MY EXPANSION ACHIEVEMENT THAT PROVES HOW L337 I WAS IN VANILLA"

Hahaha Chris Chris you've been on ignore since I tired of your Brexit stupidity. I'm doing you the favour of letting you know. Pointing out another example of your stupidity was worth letting you know that your past and future posts are on ignore, lol

I mean, seriously, you're bragging about speed clearing lvl 60 content at lvl 70 or whatever level you get that achievement? lol

And no I didn't play any expansions so I don't give a shit if it's some kind of retroactive award LOL
Oooh the salt. I don't actually believe the "haha you are on ignore" when you quote people on ignore. And you did it to make an anti Brexit echo chamber... wow!

Amani Warbear is a lv70 speedrunning acheivement/mount I think, I got it at lv70 not retroactive. Pretty sure it was removed when the level cap raised. I'm taking the piss talking about achievements, I got it as an unemployed incel lol.

Interesting you didn't actually address my point and couldn't bring any new private server stats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Layering is fucked. Blizzard needs to make it so you cannot switch layers and loot the same thing twice.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
But doesn't that illustration point out that layering will not be permanent and won't be in beyond the first few weeks and the first few starter zones?

I have a feeling that Blizzard will cap realms somewhere between vanilla (3k) and the private servers (15k) to maintain community and not have ridiculous login queues. If I had to guess, I would assume each realm will have a 5k-6k player max which will make it feel VERY alive and populated (especially when compared to 2005) yet not overload a realm and make it feel crowded and hopeless to play on, or have an economy, or a community.

But, they've done plenty of stupid shit over the years, so who knows...

At this point if Blizzard makes a correct or good decision it was probably the opposite of what they intended or dumb luck.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
How are Hunters in this, and more specifically, the Hunter pets? Are they like in Vanilla, where you have to feed them to keep them happy, have differring attack speeds, and you have to tame other pets as you level up to learn their skills so you can teach them to your main pet, etc?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
How are Hunters in this, and more specifically, the Hunter pets? Are they like in Vanilla, where you have to feed them to keep them happy, have differring attack speeds, and you have to tame other pets as you level up to learn their skills so you can teach them to your main pet, etc?
Answers: Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. In that order.

• 1Worf

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Yeah but all the really fun stuff, like differing run speeds and damage types, are gone.

RIP in peace Alterac Valley wolfie boy 😔

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Certain niche pet things like Lupos doing shadow damage and that raptor with the huge movespeed buff were normalized in 1.12/1.12.1 so Classic won’t have that. But you will be able to get 1.0 and 1.2 attack speed pets and stuff like that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah and hunters dmg did not scale all that well in vanilla either.(kinda weak dmg in high end) The feeding pets thing can get annoying, especially at first, remember pets have a loyalty level, so once you hit a certain loyalty level, I think 3, you rarely have to feed them anymore. I always choose boar because its a bit more tanky and it has charge.(which saves a ton of time going from mob to mob while leveling plus charge has 1 sec stun) Also I think the only other skill a boar can learn is bite, so it minimizes the amount of other shit you have to train to get the bite skills while leveling up. For horde (and ally) ratchet is the pace to go for food, the inn keeper there sells good fish for cheap (copper) There is also a a feed pet macro you can set up to make feeding easier...

/cast Feed Pet
/cast [pet] 0 1

Your food must be in a specific bag slot, which is bag 0, slot 1 (and you can change that by editing the macro if you like).

And yes, your pets will run away if you hit a certain loyalty threshold (dont feed them for a while) I had this happen to me on private server. I was like WTF where is my pet? It was there then all of a sudden it was not. It was a lv 14 boar and I had to go back to durotar to get another lv 10 boar and level his ass up for a hour, lol.

• 1Worf

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
Oooh the salt. I don't actually believe the "haha you are on ignore" when you quote people on ignore. And you did it to make an anti Brexit echo chamber... wow!

Amani Warbear is a lv70 speedrunning acheivement/mount I think, I got it at lv70 not retroactive. Pretty sure it was removed when the level cap raised. I'm taking the piss talking about achievements, I got it as an unemployed incel lol.

Interesting you didn't actually address my point and couldn't bring any new private server stats.

The bear isn't something to brag about FYI, was a super easy achievement.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I recall running it underleveled and using a warlock blueberry and hunter pet to survive long enough to kill it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Unpopular opinion but I loved the design of sunken temple. Felt like an epic dungeon that wasn't obscenely long, but long enough

• 15Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users