World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lol, we were too fucking stupid to add a decent number of servers now it has backfired because nobody want to be on a dead realm because we have shown in the past we are incompetent faggots. So instead of signing up for our dogshit dead realms they are doubling down on the big ones.

Imagine that blizzard people in an MMORPG want to play with other people you sharding cocksucking faggots.

Since our last update 45, we have continued to see the community create new characters in preparation for the launch of WoW® Classic next week. During this process, we have seen a regular trend where characters keep being made on Full realms. Each of the Full realms has a LOT of characters to the extent that it may be more than can fit into the queue system. As a result, you may not be able to get into the queue when you want to play and even if you do, it will likely be a very long wait. For a better play experience, we highly recommend that players avoid creating characters on any realm marked as Full.

Additionally, at this time, based on their expected population and queues, we strongly advise people to move off the following realms:

• Herod – PvP
  • Faerlina – PvP
  • Whitemane – PvP
If you are currently planning to play on one of these realms, you should expect extremely long queue times that take several hours to get through. In order to have a better play experience, we urge players on these realms to consider moving to the Blaumeux (Pacific Time Zone) and Skeram (Eastern Time Zone) realms.

All of the existing realms have a healthy population. Even a Full realm in 2006 would be Low by our current metrics. Any realm that is listed above Medium should expect queues at launch, with increasing severity from High to Full.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well this sounds fun. Way to go starting off with way too few servers and dumb fucking names on half of them. I don't ever remember not being able to get into a queue at all even at the height of wow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can't get into the queue...wtf, did some stingy programmer use an unsigned short just to save a few bytes?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
After 15 fucking years still dumbasses.

They honestly thought that this was gonna fail, be some niche type shit, while they keep stroking their BFA small limp dick.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If that's what we're looking at the first night I'm just going to fuck off on an entirely different server/side/ruleset until either it clears up or BoozeCube BoozeCube gives the signal to bail.

Look out European Alliance PvE Roleplay, Imma crash on your couch the first night.

couch.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Why are they allowing characters to be made on a "Full" server anyway?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A lot of people apparently think if they leave a "Full" server they'll end up with a dead server in a few months. That and often times when people make up their minds as part of a community and get their names reserved it's pretty hard to make them move. If they would have given a 24-48 hour notice for some of these new realms things might have gone a bit smoother. The full realms would still be full of course. That's never going away. That ship has sailed.

I do expect a ton of people to jump ship on launch when they see 24 hour queues though.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think most people realize queues last for a week maybe and whats left is a very healthy server. The alternative being you go to one of these new servers that are low-medium and in 4-6 weeks its a ghost town or low pop and now you have to pay to go to a healthy server. Thus people keeping making on full realms(they could lock them to chracter creation then they just get a different group bitching).

I bet if they announced some free transfer later to more healther servers people might roll on low pop realms, but they usually only let those go from high/full --> low/medium, not the other way around.

While this venture will likely succeed, it's still mostly true that a decent chunk will quit in the first week(s). Then burst of population for each new phase release. Not to mention concurrent users on drops dramatically after the first week or so in almost every game.

I'm 50/50 on how blizzard is handling it. I think they are under estimating server needs because you will still have a pretty sizeable chunk log in that day to play(especially with it most likely being top on twitch) but I also agree with them on not wanting servers to be low-medium population later because of too many and the rush dies down pretty fast in the scope of things.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This entire idea was fucking stupid. Should have just released then brought up fucking new servers as they go. This is the easiest time in the history of mankind to spin up new cloud servers. Now they've created a situation where everyone has had too much time to plan.

Reserve your names on this handful of terribly named servers and sit around for 2 weeks holding your dick in your hands!

I think moving is a bad idea though. Have to just put up with the shit show beginning until enough people quit that you're still left with a nicely populated realm.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Them not making a lot of realms is a good move cause more than half of the population is just going to quit real fast.

but lol @ all this at launch is going to be great

xzi

Mouthbreather
also never forget
"you think you do but you don't"

followed by 3 years later "please there are too many of you please I am begging you do not play here :Mad PC: "

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If they had any sense, they would have made it possible to be logged into classic and retail at the same time so at least you could fuck around in BFA while sitting in queue, and possibly get interested enough to participate in that shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is Blizzard mismanaging this shit from the start and this is why some people will get frustrated and quit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If they had any sense, they would have made it possible to be logged into classic and retail at the same time so at least you could fuck around in BFA while sitting in queue, and possibly get interested enough to participate in that shit.

this would make me hard cause I could just run AH while on a flight path for 39 minutes

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
Even a Full realm in 2006 would be Low by our current metrics
If this is the case, I see little threat of becoming a "dead realm" on any server at Medium population and up.

In fact, if that kind of scaling is true, it sets Full realms up to be an absolute cluster-fuck.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Were talking like 30K+ per server, even if 2/3 of these people leave the first month it will still be full by old standards. And lets be honest here, those that subbed a month beforehand and took the time to install and make characters, those people are not quitting anytime soon.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I remember winning the straglethorn fishing extravaganza to get my dread pirate ring. I read all the guides the first week about the best places to win and found out that's where everyone was. The second week I went to the places all the guides said were dead for any chance and ended up winning by more than two minutes.

Point is everyone is reading those guides and turning the "best" spots into the most contested, and therefore the worst spots. Read the guides to figure out where people are going and then figure out for yourself where it will be empty and faster as a result.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They needed more servers when they launched the name reservation. There's no unfucking that chicken but now expecting people to pack up all their guilds and friends and go somewhere else is too much to ask. Everyone has been telling everyone they know where they are playing, people have made decisions and changing course is going to leave a bunch of people lost in the shuffle. It's true for us and it's true for every single clique that made plans. The incentives in this Prisoner's Dilemma are such that everyone is going to just try and ride it.

Turning off new character creation (until launch) on the full servers days ago would have also been a decent idea. Yes you can still make characters on those servers when they go live but name reservation is closed to combat high queues.

Bribe Asmongold to talk his sperg fest to one of the low pop servers with his name locked in and a promise to let him help design an in game NPC or something for the next expansion

• 2Like