World of Warcraft: Classic

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1566603481705.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah! 9 Est, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, 6 Pacific would solve everything!
Uhh, how bout STAGGERED release 12pst, 3 mt, 6 ct, 9 est etc... giving each time slot a few hours to at least grind out the beginning starter zones and alleviate the log in servers from assploding.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Regarding the LFG addon,

and also

We’ve been closely following the community discussion around this add-on for WoW Classic, as well as analyzing it to make sure we understand how it works. After careful examination, we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic. Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.
In line with what we shared at BlizzCon last year, we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client.
It’s difficult to articulate a clear-cut rule for exactly when an add-on crosses the line. However, when an add-on goes beyond presenting information or providing aesthetic customization, and attempts to create an interconnected social network that relies on other players also using that same add-on, we are likely to scrutinize it particularly closely.

EDIT: beat by a couple mins

• 1Like

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm glad that they're
Pull with sheep wasn't bad.

I get why they are nuking it and I don't have a problem with them nuking it. I do have some small concerns that we'll see people make new addons that could have but never did exist in Classic and a vocal segment of the community will get the pitchforks and torches.

I just hope them messing with the API for Classic doesn't mess up a bunch of unrelated addons in some way.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I get why they are nuking it and I don't have a problem with them nuking it. I do have some small concerns that we'll see people make new addons that could have but never did exist in Classic and a vocal segment of the community will get the pitchforks and torches.

No.

Changes.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No.

Changes.

If I see you applying any out of era knowledge to your play I'm going to stab you in the ear with a golf pencil. If you can't stay honest I recommend booze. Drink until you're as dumb as you were back then.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They(the addon authors) will probably just take the communication outside of the API. This is essentially an arms race Blizzard can't win.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If I see you applying any out of era knowledge to your play I'm going to stab you in the ear with a golf pencil. If you can't stay honest I recommend booze. Drink until you're as dumb as you were back then.

I haven’t played or paid attention since Naxx so okaaaaaay

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Glad Blizzard decided to remove that LFG addon.

Also, for those that remember Kungen/Nihilum, he's coming back to streaming after 3 years of being gone.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Glad Blizzard decided to remove that LFG addon.

Also, for those that remember Kungen/Nihilum, he's coming back to streaming after 3 years of being gone.

I won't even lie I was the #1 fanboy of Kungen forever ago, he was the entire reason I ever even made a tauren in the first place. Stoked he's coming back to streaming, his streams have always been chill

need him to lead method classic ez

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Oh so they grace them with a response but when I email them about Preform I get nothing back? Gee thanks