World of Warcraft: Classic

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This one class! Is really OP in this one zone! And wuh wuh wuh.... I CANT HANDLE IT WAHHHH.

*entire game has all the flavor and SITUATIONALLY OP things removed*

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
We don't want to recreate the clusterfuck shitstorm like we did on the original release.. So we're going to recreate the clusterfuck shitstorm like we did on the original release.

Wonder if they are going to credit us days of gametime like back in the day when their login server shits the bed.

I literally hate these people. Smug, completely un-self aware, hubristic imbeciles who have ALWAYS thought they knew what the playerbase has wanted more than the players themselves. It's more evident with Blizzard than probably any other gaming company I can think of (YOU DONT HAVE PHONES???), and I'll be damned if I ever give these cocksu......

Man is it Tuesday yet?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So it's probably worse than people think. Their game is 70% China with that market dictating shit like ever more intrusive microtransactions. Also the government of China might be about to fill the streets of Hong Kong with corpses again and they've got a real financial incentive to do whatever that government instructs them to do.

WoW business model in China is very different from NA/EU, it's all about game time and microtransactions. If it was "dictating" the market we'd have more than 15 mounts and 20 battlepets in the online store.

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
WoW business model in China is very different from NA/EU, it's all about game time and microtransactions. If it was "dictating" the market we'd have more than 15 mounts and 20 battlepets in the online store.
BfA is increasingly a time-sync with seasonal store items that seemingly get more design focus than class armor or tier sets (both of which dont really exist any more). So...

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It will just to prove to people again that gamers will play unrefined nom streamlined gameplay if the game itself is compelling.
As long as companies get more money out of scamming children with "services" instead of creating products for gamers, said companies won't specifically target gamers.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How much of that 70% China market is actually playing the game to game instead of business to gather gold to sell to the 200K real players?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
How much of that 70% China market is actually playing the game to game instead of business to gather gold to sell to the 200K real players?
The goldfarmers servicing the western market have to buy western accounts, so they are not in the "70% China" market share. Also, in CHina you buy hourly gametime for your account, and any account logged in at least once a month or so is counted as an active subscriber for that month. So they regularily buy multiple accounts, which makes trading characters easier and allows them to log in multiple chars at the same time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I literally hate these people. Smug, completely un-self aware, hubristic imbeciles who have ALWAYS thought they knew what the playerbase has wanted more than the players themselves. It's more evident with Blizzard than probably any other gaming company I can think of (YOU DONT HAVE PHONES???), and I'll be damned if I ever give these cocksu......

Man is it Tuesday yet?

Monday, 6pm EST is go time

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Apparently after 30 minutes at character select you'll get booted. So to be safe you should try to get in the queue as close to 5:30pm as possible. That being said.... it could hurt you if the servers end up launching at 6:30 or later, and your 30 minute character select window is jeopardized. I am going to roll the dice and try to get in queue around 5:35 I think.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Everyone should approach this with the understanding that playing within the first 24 hours will not be guaranteed. They've spent a lot of effort cutting costs on server and support stuff over the past few years, and something this popular could result in downtime that hasn't been seen since the original release.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Apparently after 30 minutes at character select you'll get booted. So to be safe you should try to get in the queue as close to 5:30pm as possible. That being said.... it could hurt you if the servers end up launching at 6:30 or later, and your 30 minute character select window is jeopardized. I am going to roll the dice and try to get in queue around 5:35 I think.
You only get booted for 30m of inactivity. Just create and delete a character over and over, starting at noon.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Everyone should approach this with the understanding that playing within the first 24 hours will not be guaranteed. They've spent a lot of effort cutting costs on server and support stuff over the past few years, and something this popular could result in downtime that hasn't been seen since the original release.

If they have a rougher launch than the average EQ TLP I'll be at least a little disappointed. They're supposed to be the professionals and they gave themselves forever and a day to actually launch this thing. They've burned up a lot of goodwill in just the last year even and don't have any to spare on a total clusterfuck. I don't mean just big queues on big servers as people stubbornly refuse to go somewhere else either. I mean just hour after hour of nothing working anywhere for everyone. That would be a real black eye especially after so many people signed up just to reserve a couple goddamn names.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah after blue balling everyone the entire fucking summer to have their private streamer party. The last thing these dipshits need is to botch this launch and it seems like they are going to drop the ball already.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well he also was stating that wow gets a concurrent playerbase similar to the top 3 games on steam. If WoW is reaching 500k-650k concurrent players a day and 70% of them are non sub based China players then you are talking about 150-195k players for the rest of the world. Quite possible the sub numbers are down in the 1 million range
If that's 150-200k, then yes, they're down to 1 million subs. The rule of thumb that's always been true in MMO land is 1 prime-time player per 5 total players, except during DLC/expansion launches.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They should have done some sort of staggered release, maybe by timezone or some other shit. But I'm thinking still they were all laughing at how unpopular this was gonna be, and it showed with their initial server offering.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Given how out of touch bfa was and how indignant they were about classic, I've bought into the conspiracy theory that these snooty cunts want it to fail. If classic tanks they can told you so while continuing their live vision. If classic overwhelming succeeds it throws into question their ability to give players what they want. Financials to them aren't based on game success - the company getting more income doesn't mean a raise/bonus for the team that fought against what created it! Even worse, this could cause suits to start asking awful questions like "why are you designing this" or "why are you changing that" and fuck all that noise.