World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So how much salt is there going to be is there are like 5 hour queue times yet magically the streamer boi's all are able to log on and get grinding?

iu

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They need classic to fail because if classic succeeds then dozens of angel investors will appear to fund Pantheon and then Pantheon will kill WoW in 2032.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Nothing is going to stop Faerlina from being a complete and total clown fiesta but as long as people don't choose to be their own jailers my hunch is the launch will go fine. Log in, pick a server that isn't full and start collecting them bear asses.

But there's going to be no helping the dudes screeching about their 100000 person 27 hour queue as they make thread after thread about how streamers have ruined Classic but also Blizzard should increase the layering cap so they can go tongue Asmongold's sack while they chase and/or hunt him everywhere he goes at all times forever. Those people are bunny boilers and will be fun to laugh at from a safe distance.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Still feel like Tips is the only one who really doesn't belong. Omar seems like a chill dude though, they are still retards about the server queues though and they admit they don't know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Good info starts around 6:30 mark. Route info around 11:15 minute mark.

Not a bad video overall, but the first two minutes are hilarity from a WoW kid.

"Nobody grouped because people sucked at video games back then!"

"Terms like CC and healer were uncommon!"

"Get gear while leveling in dungeons! How Novel!"

"The game is much more enjoyable leveling with other people! So great!"

Like it doesn't even enter into their minds that we had little interest in poopsocking to level caps with carefully computed routes back then and quest grinds were the novel thing in 2004.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not a bad video overall, but the first two minutes are hilarity from a WoW kid.

"Nobody grouped because people sucked at video games back then!"

"Terms like CC and healer were uncommon!"

"Get gear while leveling in dungeons! How Novel!"

"The game is much more enjoyable leveling with other people! So great!"

Like it doesn't even enter into their minds that we had little interest in poopsocking to level caps with carefully computed routes back then and quest grinds were the novel thing in 2004.

Like this kid thinks WOW was the first video game ever created? Son, I was grinding mobs and CCing and collecting mad loots in dungeons back in 99' when you were probably still in diapers shitting your drawers. Some poeple even did this before 99'

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
EQ's design was in large part copied from text based MUDs-- particularly Sojourn, which I had played some as a teenager-- and that's why it was so good. EQ wasn't good because of corporate Sony geniuses. The best gameplay typically stems from indies and modders. WoW of course heavily borrowed from EQ.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
wow was a simplified dumbed down version of EQ, and then they added the whole questing and quest hub sytem, which at the time was revolutionary. Also they incorporated PvP into the game and the entire battleground was also a revolutionary step in mmorpgs. Plus it was really well polished and optimized to run on low end systems for that time which also carried it a long way.

But they also dumbed down a lot of shit, and through the course of the first couple of years kept dumbing down the shit and "normalizing" everything fun from the game so it became more and more sterile as the game aged. It basically became a spreadsheet mmorpg at that point.

EQ was my first love and while I played WOW casually until WOTLK, I never felt the draw to it like I did with EQ.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
EQ's design was in large part copied from text based MUDs-- particularly Sojourn, which I had played some as a teenager-- and that's why it was so good. EQ wasn't good because of corporate Sony geniuses. The best gameplay typically stems from indies and modders. WoW of course heavily borrowed from EQ.

EQ was the first to tie in the mud system into a 3D virtual persistent world, which was quite the feat in those times.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They want so badly to reach into your fucking wallet microtransaction the fuck out of you. Subs are not the measure of success of the game? I guess if 70% of the game is China then sure.

Fucker

Log Wizard
They should have done some sort of staggered release, maybe by timezone or some other shit. But I'm thinking still they were all laughing at how unpopular this was gonna be, and it showed with their initial server offering.

Yeah! 9 Est, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, 6 Pacific would solve everything!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Like this kid thinks WOW was the first video game ever created? Son, I was grinding mobs and CCing and collecting mad loots in dungeons back in 99' when you were probably still in diapers shitting your drawers. Some poeple even did this before 99'

First thing I wondered when I started WoW way back then was "who are the pullers" people were like "wut?" Zerg was the way people grouped.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WoW dungeon design simply did not warrant puller mechanics. You were supposed to move through the entire thing, and the groups of mobs you had to fight at once were pre-determined and couldn't be split. Your warrior shooting his +4 STR rifle at a group instead of charging was the absolute highlight of decision making in that regard.