World of Warcraft: Classic

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made it to level 9 before quitting last night. Sooooo many undead to compete for mobs with. Went pretty well though. Everyone just grouped up randomly, got things done.

Definitely liking the old school systems. Actually crafted some gear that was useful, if only for a couple of levels.

Not looking forward to the queues this afternoon. Lucked out yesterday, but don't see that happening again.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone run into issues while changing graphics settings? I'm getting a window popup stating "No 3D accelerator detected" and then WoW hard crashes.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anyone run into issues while changing graphics settings? I'm getting a window popup stating "No 3D accelerator detected" and then WoW hard crashes.

No but my settings for other shit keeps not saving, like profanity filter, action bars, keybindings etc.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So basically wow classic is going to be only for people who can log in OUTSIDE prime time, until enough people submit to the will of blizzard and go play bfa instead.

This is because they are capping the volume allowed on a server rather than just utilizing their layering system to let a larger amount of concurrent players on a realm, because it would destroy the community and server feel that is so important and these same developers have devoted their work to changing with group tools, hub systems, etc and think players don't actually want. The tools to let more people on popular servers are right there and IF people quit like Ion says they will, those same tools very naturally crunch the pop back down. But nope: server caps instead.

So basically they are going to fuck the average classic wow player until they self fulfill their prediction of classic wow average players thinking they do but they don't. When wow originally launched they took the most popular servers (eg archiminde) and beefed them up to host more people. Now when classic wow launches, they deliberately reduce capacity to not let people play together and either spread out to worlds they didn't even have up at launch or fuck off and stop yammering for something the plebs shouldn't have asked for because classic actually sucks and devs know best.

I sincerely wish nothing but ass cancer and tranny dick on the current new crop of devs.

• 5Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I want to join you guys on Whitemane, but fuck, how bad is this queue gonna be one things settle down, do you think?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Bitching about WoW Classic server behaving like classic servers

If they introduced layering on the servers than there is no point in playing it. The whole point of Classic is to rollback to before all these convenience features that ruined that social nature of the game.

You're literally bitching about Classic not including one of the defining features that ruined WoW and made people yearn for Classic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got to lv10 and Loch Modan, cancelled my refund request.

Basically starter zone = spam click for mobs, 1000 player hell.
First zone = many bottlenecks but you can find a few untouched mobs
Second zone = actually playable

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they should have some sort of guild reservation system as a representation of how full the server was.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So basically wow classic is going to be only for people who can log in OUTSIDE prime time, until enough people submit to the will of blizzard and go play bfa instead.

This is because they are capping the volume allowed on a server rather than just utilizing their layering system to let a larger amount of concurrent players on a realm, because it would destroy the community and server feel that is so important and these same developers have devoted their work to changing with group tools, hub systems, etc and think players don't actually want. The tools to let more people on popular servers are right there and IF people quit like Ion says they will, those same tools very naturally crunch the pop back down. But nope: server caps instead.

So basically they are going to fuck the average classic wow player until they self fulfill their prediction of classic wow average players thinking they do but they don't. When wow originally launched they took the most popular servers (eg archiminde) and beefed them up to host more people. Now when classic wow launches, they deliberately reduce capacity to not let people play together and either spread out to worlds they didn't even have up at launch or fuck off and stop yammering for something the plebs shouldn't have asked for because classic actually sucks and devs know best.

I sincerely wish nothing but ass cancer and tranny dick on the current new crop of devs.

Everyone is going to forget one or two shitty nights if things smooth out but if this is just a mess all week (and a complete dumpster fire on Friday/Saturday/Sunday) because the people running the show don't want to do anything more because players are going to "quit in droves" anyway the fanbase is going to hold it against them forever. People are going to come home from work later today, go to play the dude they got to level seven with last night, get hit with a 15000 person seven hour queue and flip their shit. They need to fully utilize all the layering mojo they've got and worry about phase 2 when it's phase 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah 40 minute queue at 8am on Whitemane. Peace out lol.

Btw to any returning players that played BFA or Legion or whatever. Don't forget, like I ALMOSt did, that you can reactivate by logging onto regular WoW and reactivating with gold or a WoW token you had in your inventory. Wow tokens are about 170k gold atm. That will let you play classic.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I told myself that i wouldn't get angry at the impending fuckups that Blizzard manages during release... but man... what a bunch of clowns.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
45 minute que already this morning. Dudes better learn to remote into their PC and set macros to stay logged in if they plan on playing during normal hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. Gonna have to drive home at lunch just to get in the queue.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they introduced layering on the servers than there is no point in playing it. The whole point of Classic is to rollback to before all these convenience features that ruined that social nature of the game.

You're literally bitching about Classic not including one of the defining features that ruined WoW and made people yearn for Classic.

They can either use layering as a temporary stopgap to let more people in, or just let more people in. Original wow servers could not physically handle the numbers so they upgraded the hardware behind the most popular ones to let more people play in the same crowded place. Classic wow servers are artificially throttling numbers while not providing any alternative (eg, useast pvp had NO server under 3 hour queue at any point prime time yesterday) and its a man made restriction.

If they think everyone is gonna quit anyway, let more people on, they have the technology. They can gut the layers outside prime time and/or in a couple days. Or merge extra servers later. Instead, people who try to log in during the evening have literally nowhere to go (I tried EVERY useast yesterday).

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If I were Blizz I would slowly increase server caps over a week or so to hopefully spread out the playerbase. Otherwise they'll all clump on Asmongold's server or whatever.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got everything ready to play. Played 3 hours or so and really started to get into it. Storm moves in, tornado a couple of miles from my house, phone screaming at me to get in a shelter, lightning strikes the tower where my Internet thingy lives, Internet goes out and doesn't come back on until now. Sitting in queue.

I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or if the universe is trying to tell me not to do this shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users