World of Warcraft: Classic

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sometimes it's literally one quest, then back to the area I was in before lol. I'm definitely glad I use it, though.
That's what most people on the Zygor forums are raging about. Zygor himself, or whoever uses his forum handle responded to a number of the threads. Basically the decision was made early on to take out the grinding steps, and add in more quests. They say they did that because that's how they do the retail guide. They don't have really any grinding in the retail guide. Hell, let me just find it and quote it...

But yea, their forums are lit up over the back and fourth between continents bull shit. I don't have a problem with it but when it's like for 1-2 quests and then right back to where you are? That's fucking dumb.

This is partly true. We DID add a lot more quests into the 1-30 range, in an attempt to keep you higher level than the enemies you encounter until you hit the difficulty wall in the early 30's. Our original guides didn't have you bouncing back and forth between continents, that is new, but there still was an element of bouncing around between zones. That's just how the game is designed, you kind of have to go back and forth somewhat. But I do agree that I think we tried TOO hard to keep all classes comfortable in terms of easiness during the leveling process, and this sacrificed a lot of speed in the early levels, unfortunately.

On the bright side, we did write a version of the leveling guides during the beta that more closely matches our original guides. However, these weren't tested at all, since we made the switch to adding a lot more quests, ending up with the guide you see released now.

But rest assured, we're now working to implement all of the bug fixes reported in the guides since launch to that version of the guides, and testing them as fast as we can. As soon as we're confident those are releasable, we will release those to replace the current guides.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
That's what most people on the Zygor forums are raging about. Zygor himself, or whoever uses his forum handle responded to a number of the threads. Basically the decision was made early on to take out the grinding steps, and add in more quests. They say they did that because that's how they do the retail guide. They don't have really any grinding in the retail guide. Hell, let me just find it and quote it...

But yea, their forums are lit up over the back and fourth between continents bull shit. I don't have a problem with it but when it's like for 1-2 quests and then right back to where you are? That's fucking dumb.

or you know, just don't follow some pre-written formula for leveling then bitch about it because it was provided to you for free. or am i just crazy?

i hate everyone.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
or you know, just don't follow some pre-written formula for leveling then bitch about it because it was provided to you for free. or am i just crazy?

i hate everyone.

Well, considering I decided to pay for it, I do get the right to bitch! :D

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I set my hearth to gromgol in STV early, after barrens slog. Zep access to 2 cities if you a little patient, and everything I need from vendors for myself and pet. Quick flight to bank in BB.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I set my hearth to gromgol in STV early, after barrens slog. Zep access to 2 cities if you a little patient, and everything I need from vendors for myself and pet. Quick flight to bank in BB.
Dammit, that's smart and I'm dumb.

• 2Solidarity

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I hit level 50 at 4 days /played with minimal rest XP, 250 tailoring, and a decent amount of idling in town following Zygor’s so no complaints here. I do think it could be tailored to your class a tad bit better since as a warlock I don’t have trouble soloing orange quests when necessary so I could probably have bounced around a little less often than the guide does.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Soloing as a rogue is rough as shit. Lots of downtime after each mob and fighting +1 and especially +2 mobs is really bad. Following the guide is actually really slow from my experience since it does want you fighting stuff at or above your level a lot.

Crone

i hate everyone.
Yea, it's not free unless you torrent it. Why so edgy?

And Zygor's retail is mindless just follow exactly where the arrow points you and it's great. Used it basically 100-120, and tons for lower levels in the post-Cata zones. It's why I went with it again for Classic, but it's not nearly as polished, but updates are coming!

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, it's not free unless you torrent it. Why so edgy?

And Zygor's retail is mindless just follow exactly where the arrow points you and it's great. Used it basically 100-120, and tons for lower levels in the post-Cata zones. It's why I went with it again for Classic, but it's not nearly as polished, but updates are coming!
Not directed at you specifically, just the general sentiment. I mean the game is 15 years old you don't even really need a guide. I understand for efficiency and stuff, but everyone is just racing to 60 in general when classic is about the journey bro!

• 2Like

Crone

Not directed at you specifically, just the general sentiment. I mean the game is 15 years old you don't even really need a guide. I understand for efficiency and stuff, but everyone is just racing to 60 in general when classic is about the journey bro!
I'll agree to that. People are racing to 60, and with level 23 being my highest level guy, I'm for sure behind the pack, but we'll have this shit for 2 years, with no level increase, so I think I'm good. But, that's hard to remember, when everyone is racing.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm having way too much fun killing Alliance in STV with wonky classic clusterfuck aggro all the things within a kilometer & Feign Death. (PvE server) Should prob stop, dunno how many sandy vaginas it takes to get GM attention.

Fucks shouldn't be tagging my mobs. See that Hunter's Mark? It means it's MINE. /s

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Crone

I'm having way too much fun killing Alliance in STV with wonky classic clusterfuck aggro all the things within a kilometer & Feign Death. (PvE server) Should prob stop, dunno how many sandy vaginas it takes to get GM attention.

Fucks shouldn't be tagging my mobs. See that Hunter's Mark? It means it's MINE. /s
Saw a Hunter on Whitemane named Cynical , in a guild named <THICC> , thought for sure it was you!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Well I started playing the AH already. made about 7g so far off Swiftthistle. MOrons posting it for 4s tyty.

It's crazy how my friends list has about 15 people that I played BFA with, all of whom had no interest in classic and had no intention of playing classic. Now every single last one of them is playing classic. I literally have not seen 1 person playing retail.

I was thinking about how excellent classic WoW's pacing is. It just gets more and more fun and more and more exciting as you level up and get stronger. 1-15 is a little rough, but once you start going, you're really goin'

I thought that dev video with them playing Deadmines was telling. Could see how legitimately surprised all of them were at how much fun they were having.

Crone

Who needs a leveling guide when you have questie.
A leveling guide, on top of Questie is amazing. Not sure about the others, but at least Zygor's will direct you to a certain area to kill stuff, but with Questie, I can better choose a path that'll lead me to the next quest, while also killing what I need for another quest. It's a pretty great add-on.

• 1Like