World of Warcraft: Classic

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
What Blizzard needs to do, and soon, is code up a guild move feature that guarantees everybody with the tag gets to move. The reason why people don't move is because of guilds.

They could also add some conveniences like allowing people to reserve names by making new characters on the transfer server and if they've never been logged into before, when moving it just auto-deletes them for you and moves your guy over without forcing a name change. Just do things that mitigate the risks of moves and make it easier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Wowhead probably has a guide, but if you're Horde my level 20 troll is about 120 herbalism doing northern and central Barrens.

Alright cool thanks, ill have to try and hit an empty layer, any specific spots or just roamed north to central barrens back n forth.

Also what builds are you guys going for warlocks been so long since ive leveled im only 29 rn but ive got 12in affl / 8 in Demo , ive kinda wanted to go all affliction so i get siphon life asap then go into demo tree, what do you guys think?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I was there for beta and the opening of original WoW, and from my memory, the crowds were NOTHING compared to what have been on these WoW Classic servers. There was a lot of people, but it was no where in the ballpark compared to the thousands of people on each layer on these servers.

Now the one thing I have noticed is that "the crowd" is moving for the most part together in a level range. For instance, if you create a new character today during prime time on your server, you will not see tons of people there. You will see a healthy number of people, but you won't see shit tons of people around your level. Login to a level 20-30 character, and you will see a ton of people. In a week, they will be 30-40. There is a bubble of population moving through the level ranges.

That first week (hell even some in the second week) of Classic, I saw upwards of 30 people or more huddling around name spawns for quests waiting for it to spawn. When it would spawn, the mass of people would all swing once, and then someone would run away (the person who got credit). Before the next spawn, that person was replaced by a handful more people. It was insane, and I NEVER saw that back in origianl WoW Beta nor Release.

Only makes sense right? i bet the amount of people who never played classic greatly outnumbers the ones of us who have, our returning players arent frothing at the mouth for this the ones who came back did it for nostalgia they came back to try and get the "first time experience" we all talk and gloat about.

I would like to see numbers of people who played classic wow that also came back for this, vs the amount of first timers from retail

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'd happily give money to thots and titty streamers if that made somehow possible to have that waste of oxygen off the net.

what a gross fuck, the way he skeedaddles away from his PC when he has to take a piss i can guarantee hes not washing his hands, grimey ass motherfucker

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, beta was what sold me on World of Warcraft.

I was beta testing both WoW and EQ2 at the same time, and being the die hard EQ fan back in the day, I was squarely planning to go the EQ2 route. I got in to the beta for both games, and... well let's just say EQ2 was the major suck of all sucks, but WoW was fucking amazing.

I was blown away with all the cool shit in WoW that was just flavor and quality of life improvements on things that we had been told for years was not possible in EQ1. It opened my eyes to what a quality developer can do with the right amount of time, money, resources, and WILLINGNESS to make the best game possible at the time.

same my cousin got into the beta, i spent the weekend at his house and didnt sleep the entire time was pretty crackhead like, but shit i was like 14-15, and i was jus kinda getting bored with EQ since i hit max raiding, this was the new drug after EQ.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only makes sense right? i bet the amount of people who never played classic greatly outnumbers the ones of us who have, our returning players arent frothing at the mouth for this the ones who came back did it for nostalgia they came back to try and get the "first time experience" we all talk and gloat about.

I would like to see numbers of people who played classic wow that also came back for this, vs the amount of first timers from retail

That data doesn't exist, because many players no longer have their original WoW accounts because they quit before battle.net integration happened. I'd show up as a new player who never played WoW in your statistic.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
crossrealm BGs were definitely a thing in 1.12 unfortunately and I don't think they're gonna stray from that.

guess I'm kind of okay with not having 4 hour queues when half the server/other faction quits
I'll keep an open mind. It's been quite a while so my memory may be fucky, but I seem to remember that when they had xrealm but small battlegroups it wasn't such a big deal. It wasn't the same, but it relieved the queues to the point that it was a net boon. I just think there's probably another way they could have handled it. We've got 3-4+ times the population of those old servers on each server now. If faction imbalance is an issue causing queues, offer incentives to the underrepresented faction. We sure the fuck know that population won't be an issue.

It may be that yes, technically 1.12 had xrealm bgs, but idk, I feel like the problem they were solving then wouldn't necessarily exist now, and with the major theme of classic being "reestablish server communities" this seems like a misstep.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I PvPd extensively and recall being ecstatic when they brought in the cross realm battlegroups. Was stupid steamrolling the same people for months on end otherwise. Cross realm brought in diversity and a greater challenge. Definitely do want. Single server BGs made the grind that much more boring.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think it really matters. These mega servers they have now might as well be a server cluster with cross realm shit, TBH. and for the instanced PvP grind, Id rather have a healthy and quick queue rather than some bullshit community feature that no one gives a shit about. Its not like you can communicate with the other faction anyway. And if yorue not solo queuing, then youre with your guild anyway pub stomping away.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I PvPd extensively and recall being ecstatic when they brought in the cross realm battlegroups. Was stupid steamrolling the same people for months on end otherwise. Cross realm brought in diversity and a greater challenge. Definitely do want. Single server BGs made the grind that much more boring.
Same here, but for different reasons. My group was excited simply because horde queue times on my server were fucking bonkers, it made PVP really frustrating. The xrealm bgs reinvigorated the game for us.

I just worry about the cost, maybe being too nostalgic but I liked the rivalries we had with the alliance on our server, and competing with people you know is always more fun than roflstomping randos. idk, like mkopec said, the servers are already huge anyway, maybe much ado about nothing.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
We were a low population Horde side on my starting server, so cross-realm battlegrounds was garbage for us because we went from insta-queues to being grouped with strangers who were awful.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I guess over time you could get to know the 10-12K ally or horde on your server? But like I said its already a clusterfuck which is not even close to what community was in vanilla. They already fucked that up with theise mega servers.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Are our multi-boxers even trying?

There's a clip of him logging into 40 instances of the game, but it won't share. Thanks forum links!

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck that lol. At that point you're just multi-boxing to pay for all the accounts.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, $615 per month. Thats like a Escalade car payment, shit, small house mortgage lol.

• 1Worf

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Alright cool thanks, ill have to try and hit an empty layer, any specific spots or just roamed north to central barrens back n forth.

Also what builds are you guys going for warlocks been so long since ive leveled im only 29 rn but ive got 12in affl / 8 in Demo , ive kinda wanted to go all affliction so i get siphon life asap then go into demo tree, what do you guys think?
I just picked up the herbs while questing. Skim the mountain edges and tree clumps while moving through the zone.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider

Siphon isn’t worth casting when you’re grinding single target mobs that die in ~12 seconds but it is great for multiple target pulls. You do want to beeline to Dark Pact because drain tanking with a succubus is much better than using a void walker at 30+ and draining her mana with a DP or two between mobs on top of lifetap means literally zero downtime.

After Dark Pact I’d recommend going into destro because Bane lets you do decent dps in 5mans when trash mobs only live for <10 seconds and shadow burn is also very useful.

Last edited: