World of Warcraft: Classic

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Proof that my mind is rotting away. I really laughed at that. And I'm enjoying warcraft.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, my vanilla wow experience was way different. I was so far ahead of the leveling curve I never saw anyone. This time around I'm right in the middle of it because I started so late. Questing is a chore.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've come to the conclusion that every private server player is fucking annoying at all times

not for any specific reason, they just are

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've come to the conclusion that every private server player is fucking annoying at all times

not for any specific reason, they just are

Perhaps because they've been playing Vanilla for 15 years and think that makes them hot shit?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hrm, so I didnt realize that bgs were going to be cross realm. I dont like that. I liked the server pvp communities that built up and absolutely hate this anonymous dick waving shit in retail. Very disappointing for sure. I guess it will still be workable if there are small groups of servers in each batllegrouo. But it isnt ideal at the least.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 8 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Probably around a year into vanilla is when they started to offer paid character transfers and maybe paid character renames.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How about they NOT HIT THE FUCKING SHEEP THAT'S 20 YARDS AWAY FROM THE REST OF THE MOBS

I had a hunter, and even worse - a mage, who kept doing this last night

It rustles my jimmies to even type this

We wiped three times in ZF last night because the moron tank kept pulling two groups for what I can only guess was AOE reasons, except for DPS we were War, rogue, hunter. First fight would leave completely oom from healing, and even when I sat down immediately after the fight to drink, he was already engaged with two more groups by the time I hit 20% mana.

He repeated this three fucking times. And for some magical reason, no one started throwing blame in any direction.

• 2Picard
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
crossrealm BGs were definitely a thing in 1.12 unfortunately and I don't think they're gonna stray from that.

guess I'm kind of okay with not having 4 hour queues when half the server/other faction quits

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I had people telling me to do the 4 mob scenario above. But I was always lost and had no idea where we were going. Sometimes they would skip stuff. I have no idea what to skip or in what order or when to shoot gun vs charge. And I'd charge and I could hit one ability and then I was out of rage. If I switched to defensive I'd have nothing left and spend awhile just swinging.

The only thing I've seen work is regular old Taunt. And it only works for a bit.

I have a few tips for you:

Taunt temporarily puts you at the top of the threat meters but you have to follow up with another ability to stay there. Usually I use sunder or revenge.

Have the dps wait a few seconds before starting. At least get 1 sunder on the mob. If you don't start with aggro and the mobs go after people in the beginning the entire pull is a shitshow as you won't have enough rage.

Have the most competent dps be a main assist if possible. Sometimes they assist the tank and you're tab targeting sundering/revenge multiple targets and they think they're supposed to switch but mostly they shouldn't.

Aoe threat generation sucks. Cc and burn down mobs.

Know the ways to pull: charging in, shooting, or body pulling. Body pulling means sneaking close enough to the mob that is sees you and attacks. Unlike shooting or charging, the mob didn't take damage, so its "cry for help" radius is a little smaller. This means body pulling can sometimes get fewer mobs.

Use corners to bring back caster mobs, who will stop casting and chase you once line of sight is broken. Tell the group to wait and you'll bring the mobs back. Even if you have to run a bit it's alright. Activate blood rage while running back, stand right around a corner so all the mobs will gather at that point.

Always keep an eye on patrols. When you get an opening to pull them on their own, take it.

I tell the Healer to say mana when theyre low because I'm managing the mobs, setting the pace, pulling, etc. and sometimes I forget to check your bar.

DPS warriors are idiots, and most of them remember a well geared arms warrior in pvp being ass ponied by healers being an unstoppable freight train (this is true). Or that fury warriors are the best dps in raids thanks to endless theory crafting in private servers, and they want to be big dick dps. The real truth is that 50% will burn out on warrior, 30% will find their dps/pvp role, 10% will actually be good at it...and the last 10% will actually tank. And only half of the tanks are going to be any good, and fewer will be amazing.

Tanks are the rarest party member and in the biggest demand. I'm level 41 and I don't group with dps warriors in the group unless they don't need the drop I want. Yes, you can make demands as a tank. Don't like it? Feel free to stand around for another 45 minutes hoping another warrior will tank Stratholme for you; I've got an another group that sent me a tell and needs mw for something. I'm not saying be a dick about it, but I have lost 6 out of 7 rolls to DPS warriors in SM and I'm done with that shit already.

While leveling try to do quests and grind mobs equal or lower level than you. Higher level mobs will dodge, block, and parry more often, and it's rarely worth the time and frustration to solo grind orange mobs/quests.

Most importantly: become an alcoholic. Many DPS could level to 60 without knowing the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground. You have to know your job well and basically be a tour guide that gets constantly punched in the face for a bunch of ungrateful mongoloids that can't even make a macro that says /assist Kharzette. This will make you bitter, so keep the booze handy.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tanking is a thankless fuckitallihate you job.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead] Sunder Armor;Sunder Armor

Is a fantastic tool to spread the hate around without changing targets.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I get pretty mad when i'm tanking and for the entire instance I get dps people aoe'ing whole packs before I hit anything and then running at max speed in opposite directions but always away from me with 1 mob each as I desperately run after them trying to get the aggro back. Sometimes I just say fuck it and let them deal with it. One time so far (out of 10ish dungeon runs) I had a group where the members wouldn't run fullspeed away from me any time they got aggro (and it was a BFD run where I was the lowest level out of everyone but the whole group were actually solid players so it was super smooth run).

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I semi socked to 60 because I had a finite window to go hard and now I’m really time limited after my vacation ended. I also don’t really care about the leveling journey to what I consider the real journey. And now I know I need to run a hundred dungeons for some gear I know I’ll never actually see drop before phase 5 (hello HoJ).

Solo it like a man like I did back in retail.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Anyone online that could invite me to the filthy casual part of the guild? Whitemane horde, right? Name is pysek. Thank you.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know Frost is the leveling spec you want to be, but if I'm just planning on staying single Target, and not get into this AoE bull shit, is there a huge disadvantage of going Fire spec for leveling? I mean right now, my Frost spells, with all the talents, crit for as much as my regular fireballs do? I get like 280 Frostbolt crits, and like 350+ Fireball crits. I don't know, seemed like a fun time.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I know Frost is the leveling spec you want to be, but if I'm just planning on staying single Target, and not get into this AoE bull shit, is there a huge disadvantage of going Fire spec for leveling? I mean right now, my Frost spells, with all the talents, crit for as much as my regular fireballs do? I get like 280 Frostbolt crits, and like 350+ Fireball crits. I don't know, seemed like a fun time.

I would go frost for leveling even if you don't care for the zoomer cleave bullshit. It just gives you a ton of control and survivability, and is very mana efficient later on. Having stuff like Ice Block, Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, and strong snares is great even if all you do is solo. The 6% spell hit for fire/frost spells is a must have no matter which spec you go with. You could skip the AoE talents but honestly I'd take them because Improved Cone of Cold is great and Improved Blizzard is amazing.

also there's nothing better than sitting in an Ice Block about to get ganked by a ?? player, and a couple higher level faction bros roll by on their mounts and demolish him

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Regarding Feralas: also my favorite zone. Gnolls are a fantastic grind for Horde players (reavers and mystics). I sat there from level 40 to 46 having done maybe a dozen quests in that span. It was just too good to leave if a bit mind numbing. There are a lot of them and Alliance generally avoid the place so that's why it works; I still saw plenty of people there.

And jesus, the KSing I've experienced in Classic is insane. I've had a guy tap my alpha I've charged when I sent my pet at the caster mob to kill it first. (although I generally skip 3 pulls when grinding for efficiency) I routinely see people run at and shoot mobs I'm going for/that are near me while they are already engaged with other mobs even when they're not even likely to get it first. They don't give a fuck on a server with tens of thousands of people with layers because you'll never remember their names. I'm sure most of these people are WoW emu server players. For whatever reason people who play emulated MMORPGs are mostly a bunch of cunts. Calling them 'private' servers instead of emulated servers is kind of pathetic to begin with; as if they're hiding the fact that it's amateurs creating an imperfect replication.

• 1Solidarity