World of Warcraft: Classic

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure, but with the way batching/latency works, I'm not sure if it would matter. Even if it did, you still have to be on the ground at some point

If you keep jumping they'd have to catch you in that short time you're on the ground, seems like it'd drastically reduce the probability of it working.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If you keep jumping they'd have to catch you in that short time you're on the ground, seems like it'd drastically reduce the probability of it working.

He nailed me when I was inching across the last line between ramp and boat. It wouldn't have made a difference.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is spell batching also responsible for the massive delay you get between your target dropping below 20% and execute actually working?

Yes, same with being unable to travel form for 2-3 seconds after going outside. Anything that feels laggy is probably spell batching

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
WoWScrnShot_091419_121524.jpg

Tall lady is tallllllllllllllllll

• 3Weird Boner
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I recall being an issue really was when you were a level or 3 to the next rank of growl, now it feels that way all the time. That's another thing, growl gets resisted like crazy, even on shit lower level.

Put me in a group, and I forget to take growl off? Shit works flawlessly.

I was reading we are using the Cata version of FD too, dunno if that rumor. I've gotten into the habit of keeping my finger away from Rclick when I hit FD, no more issues other than the occasional resist.

Switched to MM anyway, never liked BM, if my pet gonna be a cripple no point in being BM. Thunderstomp does more threat than back in the day, so I won't complain about that.

If you're not BM spec, you're going to have a bad time and will constantly pull aggro. If you are BM spec, make sure you're ranking up your pet's abilities for higher ranks of growl, etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tip for people hitting 30 or 40:

Retail players are just going to the next zone in their level range, they are not rotating through several zones.

So like a Human doing Elwynn->Westfall->Redridge->Darkshire->STV-> boat and run south to 1K Needles->Tanaris.
When actually they should be doing something more like rotating Westfall/Loch Modan, Redridge/Wetlands/Ashenvale etc

This is important because it means that most of these dumbasses of each race are eventually being fed into STV and Tanaris, so those zones are hellholes to quest in and you can get almost nothing done in them.

They don't know how to get to places like Alterac, Swamp of Sorrows, Desolace or Ferelas. Those zones are fairly empty and easy to quest in other than a few quests in each with small mob camps. I'm not sure where else is like this at higher level but I'd guess Hinterlands, Winterspring and Blasted Lands.

Sure those places are still populated, but it's not a shitshow like STV and Tanaris are.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Does the instance respawn rate seem terribly off to anyone else? Its like 20 minutes. Wipe at the end of a dungeon and youll be clearing the entire thing again to get to that boss.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Does the instance respawn rate seem terribly off to anyone else? Its like 20 minutes. Wipe at the end of a dungeon and youll be clearing the entire thing again to get to that boss.
Welcome to classic, you thought you wanted it but you didn't!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's how it was in vanilla as far as I remember. Shit started respawning at the start of scholo by the time you started clearing the downstairs room shit, and even if you cleared again, it'd be respawned by the time you had the key and entered the death room(the one with a billion trash together below the bridge at the entrance). It's just how it was back then so wipes if you didn't have a soulstone generally were a disband, was just better to reset the instance and try again from the start.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you're not BM spec, you're going to have a bad time and will constantly pull aggro. If you are BM spec, make sure you're ranking up your pet's abilities for higher ranks of growl, etc.
I was already getting aggro all the time, everyone is wearing shit gear, and I swear my server got all the "new to WoW" people. Still managing my threat fine other than the odd mob that glues to me, and haven't even installed a threat meter yet. I'm much happier as MM, feels more natural to me, and I'm not irritated all the time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's how it was in vanilla as far as I remember. Shit started respawning at the start of scholo by the time you started clearing the downstairs room shit, and even if you cleared again, it'd be respawned by the time you had the key and entered the death room(the one with a billion trash together below the bridge at the entrance). It's just how it was back then so wipes if you didn't have a soulstone generally were a disband, was just better to reset the instance and try again from the start.

Scholo and Strat had way faster respawn timers than the low level dungeons. It was those 2 dungeons in particular that were just super fast.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know how I would, or if it's even possible to, make a /use fall-through macro display the next item and cooldown timer?