World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm way behind the leveling curve (31 rogue), so every quest area I go to is jam packed. Now... this should actually be a good thing, since a lot of quests can be a pain to solo. Except like 70% of the people I come across decline group invites, even on straight up kill quests. Then die. Or have to run the fuck away after pulling 2 mobs, which half the time snaps aggro to me after they leash off their original target.

I guess all the people who understand the dynamics of classic are way ahead of me in terms of leveling and I'm running into all the first timers who think it's like leveling in retail.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you're not BM spec, you're going to have a bad time and will constantly pull aggro. If you are BM spec, make sure you're ranking up your pet's abilities for higher ranks of growl, etc.

The only time I lose aggro is around that level before I get my new growl. Also BM has intimidation which has 1 min CD which never fails, at least it never failed for me yet. So yeah the times I unload on a mob and the pet loses aggro, hit the oh shit button and everything is back on track. BM IMO is the only way to level and farm with. Aside the mana issues I can go for days just doing auto shot. So you unload on a few mobs, do auto shot on a few, back to full mana, rinse and repeat, continue on for days with no breaks.

bm spec.PNG

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm way behind the leveling curve (31 rogue), so every quest area I go to is jam packed. Now... this should actually be a good thing, since a lot of quests can be a pain to solo. Except like 70% of the people I come across decline group invites, even on straight up kill quests. Then die. Or have to run the fuck away after pulling 2 mobs, which half the time snaps aggro to me after they leash off their original target.

I guess all the people who understand the dynamics of classic are way ahead of me in terms of leveling and I'm running into all the first timers who think it's like leveling in retail.

I had only around 30% of invites sent rejected while levelling, so it was definitely better than what you're experiencing. It sucks too as grouping with people in the world was one of the main fun parts of the experience so far.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Scholo and Strat had way faster respawn timers than the low level dungeons. It was those 2 dungeons in particular that were just super fast.
I remember BRD respawning a bunch of shit if you started doing a bunch of different winds quests at the same time, but might be because it took so long. Can't really remember before that though so maybe you're right it might have been only in endgame dungeons. I don't remember wiping too much in leveling dungeons though, most were really easy, I think most common wipes were in Zul Farrak pyramid event and when they added the elemental dungeon I forgot the name of, not Dire Maul the other one that had like poison resist gear for green dragons and the big fatty princess boss at the end, this one was a fair bit harder than the other shit.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should have figured out a way to do queues per faction.

They were screamed at in 2004 about this too. It's fundamentally stupid how much trouble they tried to go to with working out fixes to pop imbalance instead of just making queue per faction.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's mildly interesting how many levels you pick a particular herb, and how quickly your alchemy training then outgrows that herb once you finally sit down to make pots

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm really surprised that given how busy many quest areas are, it's been really easy to level herbalism/alchemy.

It's like nobody else is a herbalist.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I've got an herbalist and miner and there's a little more competition for ore, but not much. Weird because the ah is pretty stocked.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yea I've got an herbalist and miner and there's a little more competition for ore, but not much. Weird because the ah is pretty stocked.

Their were herbs all over Alterac tonight when I was questing through there.

Maul

Dental Dammer
To change the topic a bit, im having troubles with huntard PvP, namely the 1v1 vs melee. Ive tried all sorts of macro setups to get feign death and traps to work but it jsut does not. Looking into this I see people complaining about this issue on main forums. Basically when I get a melee on me I cant do shit. For those of you that play or played a huntard int the past, how did you solve this riddle?

In the grand scheme of thing I dont really give a shit, but jsut from what im seeing I have no counter to any melee that gets on my ass, usually when im fighting a mob too. WTF good are traps if you cant lay them down in combat? Most stupid thing ever. The disengage thing does not seem to work either.
Welcome to the vanilla experiance.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
To change the topic a bit, im having troubles with huntard PvP, namely the 1v1 vs melee. Ive tried all sorts of macro setups to get feign death and traps to work but it jsut does not. Looking into this I see people complaining about this issue on main forums. Basically when I get a melee on me I cant do shit. For those of you that play or played a huntard int the past, how did you solve this riddle?

In the grand scheme of thing I dont really give a shit, but jsut from what im seeing I have no counter to any melee that gets on my ass, usually when im fighting a mob too. WTF good are traps if you cant lay them down in combat? Most stupid thing ever. The disengage thing does not seem to work either.

You gotta go Survival if you want to be able to counter melee.

It seems like during Vanilla BM is grinding, MM is raiding, and Survival is PvP.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Melee raped ranged/casters in vanilla. There is nothing to do but become free honor points

• 1Solidarity

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Decided to finally give it a whirl. Heres some footage of me talking to the druid trainer at 20.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I wonder if there are any druids throughout warcraft history that have refused to ever use any of their furry transformations. Just because they hate furries?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1vs1 simply is just rock paper scissors in this game except for "Stone" classes paper does not exist. It doesn't really matter how well you play if the match favors the other character.

For example this morning I was on my warrior (28) and while walking, it goes chuck and a 27 gnome had hit me with cheap shot. <10 seconds and a few triple figure crits later he's dead on the ground, bandage still in hand from trying to infight first aid during a gouge - he had simply bled out from rend and DW before gouge even wore off.

His highest hitting sinister strike came in at 84. irrelevant at 1200hp.

• 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if there are any druids throughout warcraft history that have refused to ever use any of their furry transformations. Just because they hate furries?
I don't know what furry is actually supposed to mean, but to me it is the anthropomorphic interpretation of dogs cats and stuff with boobs and "cute" anime eyes, huge dicks and boobs. Shapeshifting into a killer bear is not furry.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That wowhead realm population link is interesting. 4 million playing on EU and US total?? God that would be amazing if true. Wonder what the dev meetings must be like with those numbers lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users