World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
About 20 deaths to get from flight point to BRD. Woo Classic...

I spent 2 hours trying to run to SM on a 40 lock and was just camped the entire way there. Not sure why considering I don't even give fucking honor to 60s. I had like 12 hours played at level 40 cause I was just dead the entire time. It's not fun at all, and the game really wasn't meant for 4x the pop they had in vanilla.

Anyways I deleted all my alliance characters and rolled horde. Game is casual as fuck anyways and I'm going to play it just like that. Probably won't be 60 for like 5 months lmao

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I spent 2 hours trying to run to SM on a 40 lock and was just camped the entire way there. Not sure why considering I don't even give fucking honor to 60s. I had like 12 hours played at level 40 cause I was just dead the entire time. It's not fun at all, and the game really wasn't meant for 4x the pop they had in vanilla.

Anyways I deleted all my alliance characters and rolled horde. Game is casual as fuck anyways and I'm going to play it just like that. Probably won't be 60 for like 5 months lmao

Ya. i tried to do some shit and just kept getting rolled so I said fuck it. I'll log in for raids until BG's come out or something.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loot drama is hilarious. People don't need all the loot to succeed in the raids and due to our ability to clear them, the loot WILL go to everyone. If someone is freaking out about loot at this stage, they're likely a toxic or unstable person in real life and should just take a hike.

Like a couple of others have mentioned, I never got to raid Vanilla Wow (burned out on server-first EQ raiding, then college, then work) and only came back mid-TBC. Seeing it all and interacting with people is why I'm here. And yes, the world pvp sucks right now. But, once BGs come out in short order, it will normalize.

Folks need to relax more. This is about fun, not having panic attacks or meltdowns.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure BGs will clear it up. With 4x the population I think things will still be pretty bad. Also the alliance basically sits in their capital cities exacerbating the situation because they are largely carebears.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not sure BGs will clear it up. With 4x the population I think things will still be pretty bad. Also the alliance basically sits in their capital cities exacerbating the situation because they are largely carebears.
I thought bgs were going to be cross server.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Even with BGs back in the days people camped flyspots all day especially on rogues since it was just as good and didn't require a full premade(and you didn't have to dodge when facing whoever else was good too at the time to keep your points rolling because the games would be slow as fuck when it was 2 competent premades against each other). BGs were nice for other classes but for rogues camping people afk from long flight was still the best way to rank up. Also people just like doing it even when there's no reward(hence the lowbies getting camped even though they give no honor).

First time I read the servers have 4 time the capacity of vanilla, I guess it makes sense since they're not running on 486s anymore but that sounds terrible for a bunch of stuff and I'm not sure how green dragons farm for poison resist shit is gonna go if that's the case. Technically you don't NEED the green dragon shit but it makes a world of difference when your tanks have it versus having to chug pots and use shitty lvl 42 dungeon gear(the one in Desolace or whatever that had the big fatty rock lady at the end) against Huhuran and Slimyboi. And maybe that one other boss too I forgot.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind a rogue or two camping. So far its been anywhere from a group to a full raid at basically any high level flight point I have gone too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Really the only issues with Classic come from the mega server issue. Many times the original population crammed together is what is causing the issue. The layering shit should have never been used and they should of simply created more servers and merged them as needed. (This is a problem created by Blizzard and can only be solved by Blizzard) - They should simply forcibly split a large chunk of servers because people aren't quiting in droves like they predicted since Ion and pals want this shit to fail. - People are quitting though not because of the game itself but because of queue's, and overpopulation.

Bobby Kotick should be firing faggots left in right just for the cash money and shareholder benefits because of the incompetent smug dick waffles at Blizzard have literally cost that company billions upon billions of dollars with their hubris.

The idiocy has ruined Starcraft as an E-sport trying to lock it down, back before esports were a thing Blizzard should have been a shining example of things. (First major e-sport)
They pissed away the entire MOBA genre when they had it made right under their fucking noses and were too fucking stupid to accept it. (Billions upon billions)
They ruined Diablo franchise letting PoE shit in their open mouths. (countless dollars lost to competition due to hubris fucktards and shit canning Bliz North talent)
WoW Classic brought the single biggest increase in subs in the entire fucking franchises history.. let that shit sink in... and these arrogant faggots still haven't done much to fix the server issues. Released such a small amount at the start and have had to rush out so many more and even then fucked up on faction balance and server sizes. (think about how many $15 a month steady stream income these incompetent pieces of shit left on the table)

I am surprised Big Daddy Kotick hasn't personally ass fucked every last staff member at Blizzard before giving them a pink slip and telling them to fuck off out the door.

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Layering would be fine if the game was built around it but it wasn't so it's highly exploitable and obviously needed to be removed before world bosses. I don't think they understood that fully and completely misunderstood the desire to play, even if only to fuck around for nostalgia, on a classic server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The idiocy has ruined Starcraft as an E-sport trying to lock it down, back before esports were a thing Blizzard should have been a shining example of things. (First major e-sport)
They pissed away the entire MOBA genre when they had it made right under their fucking noses and were too fucking stupid to accept it. (Billions upon billions)

This can't be said enough. How the fuck do you miss the boat on this while an entire genre was developed (and succeeded big time) starting as a mod in your own fucking game.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Remember that Metzen got on camera at Blizzcon and started whining about Valve making DOTA2, acting as though Blizzard had a fucking claim on it, despite having fuck all to do with its popularity. Then they shat out the joke that was HOTS.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
and I'm not sure how green dragons farm for poison resist shit is gonna go if that's the case. Technically you don't NEED the green dragon shit but it makes a world of difference when your tanks have it versus having to chug pots and use shitty lvl 42 dungeon gear(t

Green Dragon gear is not required at all, it's only melee and hunters that need it. On Northdale I crafted a bunch of Sandstalker gear for melee, combined with the Maraudon gear and any high level nature resistance rings and just plain nature res gear

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also people just like doing it even when there's no reward(hence the lowbies getting camped even though they give no honor).
Back in the day I use to love going over to hammerfall in Arathi and shooting afk horde at the fp through the wall. You where out of range of guards so you could do it all day long until someone noticed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Green Dragon gear is not required at all, it's only melee and hunters that need it. On Northdale I crafted a bunch of Sandstalker gear for melee, combined with the Maraudon gear and any high level nature resistance rings and just plain nature res gear

I have a bunch of nature resist rings sitting in my bank waiting for the pay off. 2 +20s a couple +18s.... should be a nice pay day when AQ is released.

• 1Like

nisser

Trakanon Raider
It's really sad how they've destroyed this classic venture. This was all easily predicted with lots of proposed solutions and the few that were implemented were placed too late.

I obviously got ahead of the curve and generally raid log now but I feel for all the casuals that are just now trying to hit 60 and gear themselves up. The game on lopsided servers is unplayable. A lot of them are quitting and probably never coming back.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know it's Classic and hashtag nochanges and all that but when they do another series of these servers in 20XX I hope they fix a lot of the problems people are having. I don't even think you need to do much more than jettison the entire PvP structure and start over with a new one. The rest of the game is mostly fine. I think something with territorial control, more restrictive rules of engagement for people not max level, incentives to be the underdog, new rewards, day one battlegrounds and the like would serve the playerbase better than a blender stuffed to capacity.

edit - I know Paladins aren't exciting but that's so few of them for how completely ridiculous they are

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Blizzard have totally fucked classic up, starting with a fiasco of a launch - not enough servers, raid xp bug, layering etc

The harsh truth is they have no idea how to manage Classic or emulate true vanilla. People shouldn't be going into MC Week 1/2 with all the spell dmg gear that drops from BRD that was added in later patches.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like