World of Warcraft: Classic

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's weird that you think you're being clever. You're not.
I'm not "being clever". It is legitimately weird that you would take the time out of your life to report people's names because you don't like them.

I know I don't have unlimited time to play like I did was back when, certainly not enough time to take on a side gig as name police.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
But how long does it take to stew and be salty about a name you saw?

Is this a thing you're all doing? Fucking madness, I tell you.

You're blowing this out of proportion. The scenario usually goes:

See stupid name
Think "That's a stupid fucking name"
Right click > Report name > Enter

Move on

It has taken me significantly more time to talk about this here than the entirety of the thought and actions I have taken in reporting quite a few names.

• 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t know if I’ve ever reported a name. It would have to be egregious or make me roll my eyes after that fucking alliance mage killed me in my 40s (I’m looking at you Gnomersexsual).

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

See stupid name

Move on

It has taken me significantly more time to talk about this here than the entirety of the thought and actions I have taken in reporting quite a few names.
But why? You clearly didn't choose to play on an rp server, why do you give a fuck enough to fuck up someone else's day? Is this just 4d griefing in 2019?

Larger question, why the fuck is Blizz humoring this nonsense?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
But why? You clearly didn't choose to play on an rp server, why do you give a fuck enough to fuck up someone else's day? Is this just 4d griefing in 2019?

Larger question, why the fuck is Blizz humoring this nonsense?

I played on an RP server for years, what the fuck are you going on about?

That aside, what the fuck do I care about "someone's day" when some dipshit decides to name themselves Douchenozzlexxx84? Fuck 'em. They decided to present themselves as a dick or a retard, and they'll be treated like one in turn.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it really them who is the dick or the retard in this situation?

In the context of an RP server whatever, you agree to the rules when you join up. Outside of that you're definitely just being a faggot if you're engaging in that shit.

• 4Like

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm

See stupid name

Move on

The normal/less time consuming way to act would be:
See stupid name

Move on

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Thinks people getting annoyed by names and reporting them is a waste of time
Gets annoyed and spends time complaining about people reporting peoples' names

Can't explain that

• 3Worf
  • 1Cringe

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually find some of them clever and get a giggle out of them, others are like whatever. I to this day have never reported anyone in any game ever. To me its fucking dumb. I guess I would report someone if they were blatantly cheating or some shit, but aside that, who gives a shit if someone called themselves xxxtoke420xxx?

Its like a sign off in the distance that says stay the fuck away, retard here. If he is reported and renames himself to Gandaleaef well, we dont know that this dude is a retard at first glance, do we?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I only report stupid names that are obviously against the TOS. If it's funny, clever, or at least attempting to look like a normal name: It doesn't bother me. If it's some faggot with a name about weed, politics, edgelord offensive names, or things along those lines, and it's low-effort: It gets reported.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh I can explain it, I'm "at work". Waiting for scans bro.

idk, seems like an arbitrary grouping and arbitrary standard, and the TOS just says "dont do offensive speech, harassment, or hate speech". You're talking about taste, not standards.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ya i dunno i don't think i'd ever report a name in an online video game. What's the point? I don't have to associate with those people if i don't want to and it sure as fuck didn't cause any harm to me.

But then again i don't let this shit bother me IRL either. Wear your maga hat or your blue hair with your feminist T shirt idgaf, shrug.

Live and let live i guess.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You somehow managed to connect MAGA, a current day purely political slogan, with Blizzard's mostly endearing references to games, movies, music and comic books?

Good job.

I thought Leadsalad Leadsalad analogy wasn't great, but couldn't be bothered to reply. The logic is the same, a meta reference can be immersion breaking - whether it's a political slogan or a pop culture reference. But at this point most of the current Classic playerbase isn't old enough to know what Spraggle Frock is a reference to etc

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Only issues with names I've really had are the ones that have the oddball markings to them. Especially when you need to message them or invite 'em to the guild.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Only issues with names I've really had are the ones that have the oddball markings to them. Especially when you need to message them or invite 'em to the guild.
If there's one thing we can agree on, it's fuck those people.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I just don't, thankfully I don't think we have any of those retards with the ascii horseshit names in the guild, but I will check when I log in next and kick them.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't wonder if a fire mage named "Feelthebern" would receive the same treatment.

I'd legit play a fire mage named BurneySunders. If I cared to play this pile of garbage at all anymore, that is.

edit- wait, maybe BurneyCinders is better

Last edited:
  • 1Worf