World of Warcraft: Classic

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You could make people roll alliance pretty easily. +25% chance for an extra loot drop per raid boss? That would do it. It would also make all the loot whores on horde side leave, which is even better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alliance race choices are: Human, tiny human, medium human with an accent, and purple human.

• 1Solidarity

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I feel like the game was mechanically at its best in late BC, out of every expansion. But if there isn't some kind of attempt at faction balance, I will not play it.
sunwell plateau was the greatest thing ever.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hadn't actually looked in awhile but are these actually somewhat accurate for live player pops? US WoW Realms :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings

I knew some servers were bad but 25000 horde vs 70 alliance on Area 52 seems almost like impossibly low numbers when u account for casual joe that doesn't chase meta.
Thats just based off people that use that site, isnt it? You would get better statistics like what you're looking for off of Raider.io for retail realms.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That was for classic. This isn’t about Classic.
Anyone trying to make changes to TBC will be shouted at by the autism brigade. The only players more autistic are from DoTA2.

My Ramstein's Bolts dropped in a post-nerfed state.
Look, we've been over this. Classic was a wild time, and even the developers didn't fully realize what certain items/mechanics would bring to the game. This is how we got to the current world buff warrior/mage meta.

TBC has its own problems. Instead of warriors you stack shaman. Yay!

• 1Like

Daidraco

Did P1999 launch Kunark with a main hand mosscovered twig?
I vaguely remember this being changed originally, but I thought it was offhand and was OP because of its delay? Usually P99 would give a time frame that the items could be obtained in their previous state before being nerfed or removed. Sort of like the Mana Stone or similar.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
There were plenty of fucking changes.

My Ramstein's Bolts dropped in a post-nerfed state.

Classic was never intended to have a progressive timeline. We were getting almost everything in their 1.12 state (loot tables, items, abilities, talents) etc

nu_11

I welcome changes after the Classic experience. The world buff meta sucks an aids dick. It trivialized all the raids, made you feel like shit in parses if you died once, ppl griefing the mind control buff reset, and on my server which wasn't dominated by 1 faction.. you were lucky to make it in w/o dying or getting purged in Blackrock Mountain.

Fuck that shit.
This is the primary reason why I just dropped the game when I dinged 60. World buffs made the content a joke and you were stigmatized if you didn't plan out your world buffs. Fuck that.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Classic fresh/season 2 needs

No spell batching

Progressive loot tables (e.g. None of the stuff introduced in later patches dropping week 1)

Re-tuned raids and/or heroic modes

Server faction balance measures

Adjusted world resources to account for increased player population

Re tuned dungeons to eliminate dungeon boost meta

Adjustments to world buff meta - either remove completely or make undispellable to eliminate the rez/purge bs

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I vaguely remember this being changed originally, but I thought it was offhand and was OP because of its delay? Usually P99 would give a time frame that the items could be obtained in their previous state before being nerfed or removed. Sort of like the Mana Stone or similar.
twig was OP because of the way the main hand damage bonus worked, it was just too fast for that mechanic.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Classic fresh/season 2 needs

No spell batching

Progressive loot tables (e.g. None of the stuff introduced in later patches dropping week 1)

Re-tuned raids and/or heroic modes

Server faction balance measures

Adjusted world resources to account for increased player population

Re tuned dungeons to eliminate dungeon boost meta

Adjustments to world buff meta - either remove completely or make undispellable to eliminate the rez/purge bs

Are you going to be able to take being made irrelevant by remaining on classic vanilla servers while the vast majority of players and interest shift to the superior TBC?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are you going to be able to take being made irrelevant by remaining on classic vanilla servers while the vast majority of players and interest shift to the superior TBC?

Someone is salty that I'm currently more relevant than them, and still salty about getting corpse camped by moi

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you hate this game so much you actually only want to play 68 minutes per week.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users