World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Because then what happens when someone meets the objective? The server just shuts down, rolls credits?
You are here talking about a 17year old game that people still pay to play. This seems like a moot point. Just give them something except for bullshit paid non-classic fluff.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
That is 6 years of free cash from Classic-WoTLK where they have to do nothing other than not micro-transaction fuck the playerbase and they still couldn't keep themselves from it. If they can't come up with something new in 6 years then deserve to die a company.

I just assumed that's why holly was brought over. How to release a constant stream of classic servers over and over, with sub + store items. I really expect to see some type of packages like EQ had at some point.

Question will be how often? Do they really wait for previous ones to die@ wotlk, or roll out a classic once one reaches tbc?. Also do you make tokens sellable?. Even more money, as people buy to pay for consumables/BoEs or GDKP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I expect they will start launching a new set of servers every alternating expansion year with live, on some timetable that lines up with content draughts between major game updates.

Whether they start this year or not I wouldn't hazard to guess, they are still getting the kinks worked out.

I do think this, along with Holly, will push them to 1 year expansion cycles for Progression/classic stuff so that players have time to play a year of TBC before they bait them back into classic again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just assumed that's why holly was brought over. How to release a constant stream of classic servers over and over, with sub + store items. I really expect to see some type of packages like EQ had at some point.

Question will be how often? Do they really wait for previous ones to die@ wotlk, or roll out a classic once one reaches tbc?. Also do you make tokens sellable?. Even more money, as people buy to pay for consumables/BoEs or GDKP.

Get ready to buy a gigantic fucking bag every server forever.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
push them to 1 year expansion cycles for Progression/classic stuff so that players have time to play a year of TBC before they bait them back into classic again.
I don't know if this would work like it did with EQ: In WoW every expansion is one big reset of the game, and plays differently. The only ones still excited about classic (after everyone got their memories refreshed) are autists, worldbuff speedrun raiders and maybe warriors and mages. The venn diagram for those groups probably shows a lot of overlap.

They could pull it off if they do "now with more content, better class balance, no world buffs and 30% less grind", but that would result in a thunderous screeching from the autist brigade.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I don't know if this would work like it did with EQ: In WoW every expansion is one big reset of the game, and plays differently. The only ones still excited about classic (after everyone got their memories refreshed) are autists, worldbuff speedrun raiders and maybe warriors and mages. The venn diagram for those groups probably shows a lot of overlap.

They could pull it off if they do "now with more content, better class balance, no world buffs and 30% less grind", but that would result in a thunderous screeching from the autist brigade.

No reason not to. It's free money, especially if you can tie other things to buy to each release. I think you are giving players too much credit. I've seen what EQ people do playing classic over and over, on the same class and everything. I multiply that times a lot more for WoWs pool of potential players. Sure you probably wont have the huge rush like you did for the 1st and each subsequent will decline a bit till it steadies out. But there's zero reason to hire holly if you were not going this route.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pull Emerald Tree Warden pack from Ashenvale to Orgrimmar

Wait for the big guy to cast entangling Roots AOE (185 damage per tick)

30 bank level 1s die on the spot.

WoWScrnShot_040621_150116.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All they have to do is make a few servers with those different rule sets. "Hey kids, there's 4 No Changes servers for you to choose from and 4 Moderate Changes servers to choose from, have fun!"

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just caught up in the thread.

The dad guild shit had me loling hard thanks.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think you are giving players too much credit.
No, I absolutely know and abhor the vocal minority playerbase. The autist brigade will screech and scream that anyone on custom ruleset servers are "playing the game wrong."

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They've already begun brushing the #nochanges brigade aside, as it just gets in the way of a better Classic experience, and its mostly exploiters and try-hards wanting to abuse things they've grown accustomed to on private servers for years.

I think they'd benefit from some new Classic servers with different rulesets if they changed up some drop rates, doubled experience gains, shorter phases, etc. They lost a good deal of people between shitty server management and leveling grinds in the early phases of Classic, but could recapture some of those subscribers if they made a better effort. Shadowlands has shit the bed, but there's very few MMO's out there grabbing people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They've already begun brushing the #nochanges brigade aside, as it just gets in the way of a better Classic experience, and its mostly exploiters and try-hards wanting to abuse things they've grown accustomed to on private servers for years.

I think they'd benefit from some new Classic servers with different rulesets if they changed up some drop rates, doubled experience gains, shorter phases, etc. They lost a good deal of people between shitty server management and leveling grinds in the early phases of Classic, but could recapture some of those subscribers if they made a better effort. Shadowlands has shit the bed, but there's very few MMO's out there grabbing people.
They lost a good deal of people between shitty server management
This was a massive one. The retards at Blizzard would not listen at all. Launched the game with like 4 servers to reserve names on then they got shitblasted because they were too stubborn to add more. Then just like in the past they ended up with imbalanced servers some like Whitemane with 5-6 hour long queue times that they refused to layer or even turn off fucking transfers too, and some they turned into ghost town 99%ally/1%horde and 99%horde/1%ally servers some are dead without even enough to raid on and some are still so full and bloated TBC is just going to be a cluster fuck of stupid.

All of which could have been solved with a handful of GM's monitoring and guiding players and guilds to different servers until they were all reasonably populated. Shit they should be looking to merge some of the shit realms before TBC launches and offering transfers off or splitting the high pop servers still.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
"They can't keep getting away with this!"
-People who give a company money to continue to let them get away with this.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I mean if there was a reasonable alternative... sure. Only so many times you can play EQ.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
This was a massive one. The retards at Blizzard would not listen at all. Launched the game with like 4 servers to reserve names on then they got shitblasted because they were too stubborn to add more. Then just like in the past they ended up with imbalanced servers some like Whitemane with 5-6 hour long queue times that they refused to layer or even turn off fucking transfers too, and some they turned into ghost town 99%ally/1%horde and 99%horde/1%ally servers some are dead without even enough to raid on and some are still so full and bloated TBC is just going to be a cluster fuck of stupid.

All of which could have been solved with a handful of GM's monitoring and guiding players and guilds to different servers until they were all reasonably populated. Shit they should be looking to merge some of the shit realms before TBC launches and offering transfers off or splitting the high pop servers still.
Boozecube for Blizzard GM/CM!

Why pick the lesser Asshole?

(Someone else shoop up a campaign button)

• 1Worf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
As a botter, character boost would be the tits. I would be able to start recovering profits right away (instead of 2 weeks later) and I wouldn't have to worry about those pesky players reporting me in my grind spots or heuristics tracking my leveling habits.

As a player, they shouldnt offer the boost, for this reason. But ayyy money talks.

• 1Faggotry