World of Warcraft: Classic

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having recently rerolled alliance myself, I'd recommend heading to the draenei starting zone since it's a more streamlined experience and has better item rewards than the other race's areas. It's good til 20ish.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm starting fresh. I started an alliance Paladin on Grobbulus last night. Character name Morlow if anyone has any free bags or anything to hand out! I did get lucky and had a 6-slot bag drop right off the bat for me though.

I can toss you some things when the servers come back up.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I didn't even know they changed the basic mount level to 30 in TBC until I saw a level 31 riding a mount today. I don't remember that happening in original TBC but I didn't play the whole time it was out. The 30s always seemed to drag the most, so having a mount will help a lot with that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
These turbo tards think they can do a 2 year Wrath of the Lich King cycle like they tried with classic and TBC. Unfortunately they have yet to release they pissed away all their good will and everyone let making it a shithole ghost town. Oh well enjoy farming Shadowlands for the next 20 months. Dumb as fuck, fire them all and sell the IPs to the Jippy Japs who will at least add titties to the game instead of bowls of fruit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even know they changed the basic mount level to 30 in TBC until I saw a level 31 riding a mount today. I don't remember that happening in original TBC but I didn't play the whole time it was out. The 30s always seemed to drag the most, so having a mount will help a lot with that.
Deinfitely makes Stranglethorn Vale awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
What do we think is going to happen with Classic after WOTLK? Surely no one wants to play expansions after that one as "Classic". I guess I kind of hope they just end Classic at WOTLK and keep Classic, TBC, and WOTLK servers going indefinitely.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What do we think is going to happen with Classic after WOTLK? Surely no one wants to play expansions after that one as "Classic". I guess I kind of hope they just end Classic st WOTLK and keep Classic, TBC, and WOTLK servers going indefinitely.

As long as it generates money they will continue going forward.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Surely no one wants to play expansions after that one as "Classic".
Depends. There is a segment of the population who play on MoP private servers, mostly because of the class design.

Then again they have Holly, who will probably help them implement some kind of annual TLP server to keep the autists occupied.

Juvarisx

Florida
Depends. There is a segment of the population who play on MoP private servers, mostly because of the class design.

Then again they have Holly, who will probably help them implement some kind of annual TLP server to keep the autists occupied.

Yup, several of the best iterations of the classes ever exist in MoP, I'd sit on one just to PVP. MoP's issue was just taking too long to get rolling, the first major patch was a daily hub which wasn't helpful either. Once you hit Throne though man did that expansion take off.

• 1Solidarity

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
IMG_0954.png

• 14Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 15 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
What do we think is going to happen with Classic after WOTLK? Surely no one wants to play expansions after that one as "Classic". I guess I kind of hope they just end Classic at WOTLK and keep Classic, TBC, and WOTLK servers going indefinitely.

The playerbase is considerable and the upkeep costs are minimal. They'll keep going until they sync up with retail. Ending would just be throwing all those subscriptions away. WoW went on a little streak of every other xpac being well received. So while less people would be excited for Cata and Wod, people would be hyped for MoP and Legion. And even now people are looking back more fondly at Cata and WoD. Lots of posts about how great the raids were, if WoD just had a faster patches it would of been great, shit like that.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man did dks foreshadow Blizzard class design for new classes. Just make them op as fuck.
You arent wrong. Frost DK (when it was a tank) was OP in WOTLK. Then the Brewmaster in MOP was OP. Now, the Vengeance DH (at least back at launch of SL's) is OP.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You arent wrong. Frost DK (when it was a tank) was OP in WOTLK. Then the Brewmaster in MOP was OP. Now, the Vengeance DH (at least back at launch of SL's) is OP.
Frost basically make enh shaman irrelevant in wotlk.

But the same philosophy also followed over to OW. Introduce new hero, progressively nerf them over the next couple of months.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

To the shock of noone WoTLK classic is coming and this year (probably November). Few minor changes they mentioned: modern barber shop for those that care, arena rating will all be personal rating now (ie. removal of arena teams completely), and not adding dungeon finder at all which is probably the biggest change and one i fully support.

They are adding a 70 boost 1 time per account that cant be use don death knights, and DK's will be in the prepatch so you can level them up early. I am kinda hoping they do the WoTLK event where you zombie bomb the cities and chase after lowbies to zombify them, I remember that being pretty funny.

Yea I am going to be a sucker and give them money to play it, I imagine it will hold up I played on WoTLK private servers enough to know that the content is still fun even now.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

To the shock of noone WoTLK classic is coming and this year (probably November). Few minor changes they mentioned: modern barber shop for those that care, arena rating will all be personal rating now (ie. removal of arena teams completely), and not adding dungeon finder at all whicour.

i think the two year cycles on classes expansions is simply to long. Classic to TBC saw a huge drop from the forum guys, and I expect Wrath might be similar. - that being said classic is infinitely more enjoyable than anything retail has to offer.

I will be curious how far they go. Classic Shadowlands in 10 years will be some hilarious shit.
probably the biggest change and one i fully support.

They are adding a 70 boost 1 time per account that cant be use don death knights, and DK's will be in the prepatch so you can level them up early. I am kinda hoping they do the WoTLK event where you zombie bomb the cities and chase after lowbies to zombify them, I remember that being pretty funny.

Yea I am going to be a sucker and give them money to play it, I imagine it will hold up I played on WoTLK private servers enough to know that the content is still fun even now.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WotLK was so fun much but I definitely played it non stop until Mists so I have little desire to ever see it again lol.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd play MoP again.

MoP Monk was one of the most hilariously fun clusterfucks.

• 1Like